Author Topic: Bronny James has cardiac arrest - is recovering  (Read 40970 times)

Re: Bronny James has cardiac arrest - is recovering
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2023, 09:04:40 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
He played 16 minutes off the bench. He had 4 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 1 block.  Nice well rounded game.  The Trojans lost in OT though.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2024, 12:40:59 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Here's an article, fueled by a Shams quote, saying Bronny is on several teams' draft boards.

He's started the last 2 games.

11 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds (and 5 turnovers) in one. 
0 points, 1 assists, 2 rebounds in the other.

Both double digit losses.

So is that an honest opinion from Shams, or a Klutch associate (Shams) looking out for a Klutch player (Bronny) and trying to manufacture interest?

I'll believe it when I see it in June, even then I'm not sure if I'll believe it wasn't due to some Klutch/LeBron manipulation.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2024, 12:50:12 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Here's an article, fueled by a Shams quote, saying Bronny is on several teams' draft boards.

So is that an honest opinion from Shams, or a Klutch associate (Shams) looking out for a Klutch player (Bronny) and trying to manufacture interest?

I'll believe it when I see it in June, even then I'm not sure if I'll believe it wasn't due to some Klutch/LeBron manipulation.

Both things can be true, right?  Bronny is on multiple teams' draft boards, because those teams are looking to earn some favor with Klutch. 

If you're a contender with the ability to clear cap space -- like Philly -- why not take a flyer on Bronny in hopes that Lebron will join the core for a season or two?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2024, 01:15:04 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Both things can be true, right?  Bronny is on multiple teams' draft boards, because those teams are looking to earn some favor with Klutch. 

If you're a contender with the ability to clear cap space -- like Philly -- why not take a flyer on Bronny in hopes that Lebron will join the core for a season or two?
he is also coming back from a heart condition in which he did nothing physical for months.  A lot can change between now and the draft. 

As an aside, I imagine a lot of teams have draft boards with 100 or more players on them as well. Many they know won't end up in the league, but they are still following them to see how their seasons play out.

« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2024, 01:26:25 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

I personally wonder if LeBron cares about the prestige of actually being drafted (for Bronny) or not, or is just Bronny making the NBA good enough?  Because best situation for LeBron and his family is probably for Bronny to go undrafted, and then the Lakers sign him to a two-way.  LeBron fulfills his dream to play with his son, his son makes the NBA, his family stays put.

Actually, the best thing for LeBron is for a contender to draft Bronny, then LeBron uses that as an excuse to leave the Lakers and try for another ring on said contender (like you proposed with Philly).  I can already see the constant ESPN PR spin now repeated on every broadcast: LeBron selflessly gave up millions of dollars and signed for the minimum so he could play with his son on the (Celtics, Bucks, Sixers, Nuggets, Thunder, Wolves).

Seriously though, it looks like LeBron has a few years left in the tank, so I struggle to a see a team drafting Bronny, and keeping him on the roster for a few years, with the hopes of landing 40-something LeBron eventually (because LeBron doesn't have to play with Bronny his rookie year, it can be 2-3 years down the line).  It seems like it would be easier for Bronny to join LeBron, than it would be for LeBron to join Bronny.  If a team does draft Bronny, and LeBron immediately follows him to that team, I think it will be because LeBron/Klutch orchestrated for LeBron's new hand picked team to draft Bronny, not that a team took the chance to lure LeBron and it worked (only LeBron going to a nowhere destination would convince me otherwise).

Either way, I'm interested to see how it all plays out.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2024, 01:40:12 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

I think barring a miraculous turnaround in the next few months (if he even declares pro) taking him as a first round pick next year would be kind of preposterous. Those picks come with multiple years of guaranteed money and right now Bronny is the 4th or 5th best player on a team that may not even make the NIT. Getting young cost controlled players under team control is more important than ever with the new CBA and i think it would almost prompt an investigation if there was some sort of wink wink deal if Bronny went like 20th right now. I also think articles like the ones from Sham are really unfair to Bronny. He had a life threatening cardiac arrest, him just playing basketball right now at the division one level is a minor miracle. Stop putting all this unneeded pressure on the guy cause of who his dad is. I hope Lebron feels this way too. And for the record since nobody has put his stats here he is shooting 37% from the field 27% from 3 and almost as many turnovers as assists as an undersized guard. This should not have him on many draft boards.

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2024, 04:42:12 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Looks like he is entering the transfer portal after Enfield left for SMU.  Be interesting to see where he ends up.

« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2024, 05:32:07 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Looks like he is entering the transfer portal after Enfield left for SMU.  Be interesting to see where he ends up.

He's not going to enter the draft with his sizzling 4.8/2.8/2.1 stat line?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2024, 05:48:04 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552

It would be interesting to see how teams would handled it if Bronny did declare for the draft and Lebron would make it clear that he'd sign for next season with whichever team drafted Bronny. 

« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2024, 05:50:43 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

It would be interesting to see how teams would handled it if Bronny did declare for the draft and Lebron would make it clear that he'd sign for next season with whichever team drafted Bronny.

I bet Philly or LA would draft him in the first. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2024, 07:51:11 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Being in Ohio, of course everyone around him wants him to sign at Ohio State.  Should be fascinating to see what happens.

« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2024, 08:05:40 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
He should go to a division 3 school, he might be good there
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2024, 08:47:14 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I think barring a miraculous turnaround in the next few months (if he even declares pro) taking him as a first round pick next year would be kind of preposterous. Those picks come with multiple years of guaranteed money and right now Bronny is the 4th or 5th best player on a team that may not even make the NIT. Getting young cost controlled players under team control is more important than ever with the new CBA and i think it would almost prompt an investigation if there was some sort of wink wink deal if Bronny went like 20th right now. I also think articles like the ones from Sham are really unfair to Bronny. He had a life threatening cardiac arrest, him just playing basketball right now at the division one level is a minor miracle. Stop putting all this unneeded pressure on the guy cause of who his dad is. I hope Lebron feels this way too. And for the record since nobody has put his stats here he is shooting 37% from the field 27% from 3 and almost as many turnovers as assists as an undersized guard. This should not have him on many draft boards.

I’ve certainly had worse takes. Bronny was taken off all draft boards for 2024 a month or so after I posted this. Another rumor in addition to Ohio state is Duquesne where a close friend of lebrons coaches. I think they would be the best choice for him. The pressure on him in Ohio would be pretty rough and he could at least put up some numbers in the Atlantic a pretty good mid major that has had a lot of teams make deep tourney runs over the years.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 08:55:51 PM by celticsclay »

« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2024, 09:21:06 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Duquesne is interesting given Dru Joyce III is the new head coach.  Joyce II was Lebron's high school coach his last 2 years at SVSM (after Dambrot went to UofA - Dambrot just retired from Duquesne and Joyce III was his hand picked successor just as his father was his hand picked successor at SVSM - Joyce II is still the SVSM coach) and Lebron played with Joyce III on all those state title teams, so there is definitely a big-time connection.  Plus, the Dukes were in the tourney last year so not a terrible program.  All in all Duquesne does make a great deal of sense, but Bronny may need a bigger name school to keep all that NIL money. 

« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2024, 10:17:17 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Duquesne is interesting given Dru Joyce III is the new head coach.  Joyce II was Lebron's high school coach his last 2 years at SVSM (after Dambrot went to UofA - Dambrot just retired from Duquesne and Joyce III was his hand picked successor just as his father was his hand picked successor at SVSM - Joyce II is still the SVSM coach) and Lebron played with Joyce III on all those state title teams, so there is definitely a big-time connection.  Plus, the Dukes were in the tourney last year so not a terrible program.  All in all Duquesne does make a great deal of sense, but Bronny may need a bigger name school to keep all that NIL money.

I would be interested how bronnies nil deals are next year even at a major school. It certainly wasn’t much bronnies fault given the cardiac arrest but I have to think there was some buyers remorse for companies that gave a bench player averaging 5 points and shooting lousy big money.