Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 119326 times)

Re: Here we go..Leonard wants out of SA...
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2018, 02:54:13 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Philly just became a treadmill team.

Until Ben Simmons can hit shots outside of 5 feet...they will struggle to attract ball dominate players that need the ball.

Plus other than Embidd and Simmons, their roster is really the same type of guys...Dario, Covington...Embiid is not durable either and Fultz looks destined to be bust.

Maybe they still get one of these guys, but it really seems like there was a plan all along to have Leonard, George and Lebron in LA. Then there are no stars on the market. Cousins goes back to New Orleans, Paul stays in Houston. Durant stays in Golden State. We watched Dallas every year go for max level free agents, and lose every single year. The closest they ever got was Deandre Jordan locked in a room with his clipper teammates.

« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2018, 02:55:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Can you split the ball three ways?  They still won’t beat golden state.

I do think that George, Lebron and Leonard would beat Golden State. If healthy Lebron and Leonard are two of the top 4 players in the NBA next season.

« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2018, 02:55:38 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Boston, like usual, has the best pieces to deal.

I would prefer not making the deal but if I had to I keep Tatum and deal Brown with the 2019 Kings pick

No, KL's value should go down after their first attempt in February trade deadline. And because of what KL is demanding of his team. Brown/Rozier/LAC pick, get it done if anything.

Leonard wanting out means that SA will take less in a deal, but the price will be high based on how many teams want him. If the Lakers are willing to go all in (and it seems like they are), the only way we get him is by out bidding them. That will take more than Brown, Rozier, and a couple of seconds (which that pick will likely turn into)

Brown and the Kings Pick would probably just be the start

The Lakers are almost certainly going to try to attach Luol Deng’s terrible contract to a deal.  That greatly lowers the value of what they can offer, as taking on the contract hampers the Spurs financial flexibility for multiple seasons..

Also, the Clippers pick only turns into one 2nd.  Sad.

« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2018, 02:55:41 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I still think George will end up in Philly.

Lakers will need to trade Lonzo because that's a circus you don't need when you're contending.

I'd be interested to see if they can get Portland to consider trading Dame for Lonzo+Kuzma.

I am pretty surprised by this take. George says he wants to go to LA years ago, they actually get good and will have a max slot and he moves the furthest possible spot from his hometown?

That would be a head scratcher.

If he really doesn't care about basketball and just wants to be in LA then cool.  If the Lakers already have Kawhi and LeBron, what role is there for George?  He'd be the 3rd option.

He could go to Philly and make a huge difference for them.  Also, with LeBron out of the conference he would have a great shot at making the Finals.

In the West, even if the Lakers have Kawhi, Bron, and PG, they'd be one of three superteams out there. 

Philly makes a lot more sense for PG from a basketball standpoint.  I guess it depends how much he just wants a fun LA lifestyle and doesn't care if he's the 3rd option with a lower chance of actually making the Finals.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2018, 02:56:09 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
So we would have to move Kyrie, Heyward or Horford.     And why would S/A want Kryie when he wants to go to NYC.     

« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2018, 02:56:22 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Kevin O'Connor

Verified account

@KevinOConnorNBA
 51s52 seconds ago
More
Expect the the Sixers, Celtics, Lakers and Clippers to be the main four teams pursuing Kawhi Leonard, per sources. Teams with top picks could always jump into the sweepstakes, but the risk would be significant considering Leonard has just one more season left on his contract.

0 replies 2 retweets 0 likes

« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2018, 02:56:46 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
can the celtics even afford leonard without giving up irving, heyward or horford?

Leonard *only* makes ~$20 million right now. We would need to send out ~$16 million to match.  Brown+Morris puts us at ~$10.5 million, throw in Yabu+Rozier (or one of them plus Semi and Nader) and you're there.  And we would still be able to re-sign Smart plus offer Baynes somewhere around $5 million
I'm bitter.

« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2018, 02:58:24 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Horfod/Brown/Rozier for Kawhi/Gasol   ha, j/k

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybec3uo9
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2018, 02:58:47 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
As long as he doens't end up with LeBron or in Philly, I don't care where he lands.

« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2018, 02:59:15 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I really do not want to see Brown moved....or Kyrie or Hayward...

Prefer rozier, smart, picks

« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2018, 03:00:16 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
can the celtics even afford leonard without giving up irving, heyward or horford?

Leonard *only* makes ~$20 million right now. We would need to send out ~$16 million to match.  Brown+Morris puts us at ~$10.5 million, throw in Yabu+Rozier (or one of them plus Semi and Nader) and you're there.  And we would still be able to re-sign Smart plus offer Baynes somewhere around $5 million

wow. ok, then.    now it gets interesting.    i hate hate hate the idea of giving up Brown,  but leonard is a better version if he is healthy next year and could win you a championship.

« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2018, 03:00:39 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I really do not want to see Brown moved....or Kyrie or Hayward...

Prefer rozier, smart, picks

Get real.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2018, 03:00:44 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Head exploding.

« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2018, 03:01:37 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
I still think George will end up in Philly.

Lakers will need to trade Lonzo because that's a circus you don't need when you're contending.

I'd be interested to see if they can get Portland to consider trading Dame for Lonzo+Kuzma.

I am pretty surprised by this take. George says he wants to go to LA years ago, they actually get good and will have a max slot and he moves the furthest possible spot from his hometown?

That would be a head scratcher.

If he really doesn't care about basketball and just wants to be in LA then cool.  If the Lakers already have Kawhi and LeBron, what role is there for George?  He'd be the 3rd option.

He could go to Philly and make a huge difference for them.  Also, with LeBron out of the conference he would have a great shot at making the Finals.

In the West, even if the Lakers have Kawhi, Bron, and PG, they'd be one of three superteams out there. 

Philly makes a lot more sense for PG from a basketball standpoint.  I guess it depends how much he just wants a fun LA lifestyle and doesn't care if he's the 3rd option with a lower chance of actually making the Finals.

Why would George be the third option? I think he would be the second option and Leonard would be the third. Also why would George be a better option in Philly? Embiid took 17 shots per 30 minutes last year and Simmons obviously has the ball a ton.

Considering he said he wanted to go LA when they were horrible and didn't have any contract space, it obviously is pretty important to him.

« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2018, 03:03:40 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Kevin O'Connor

Verified account

@KevinOConnorNBA
 51s52 seconds ago
More
Expect the the Sixers, Celtics, Lakers and Clippers to be the main four teams pursuing Kawhi Leonard, per sources. Teams with top picks could always jump into the sweepstakes, but the risk would be significant considering Leonard has just one more season left on his contract.

0 replies 2 retweets 0 likes

We can dream, but one of his biggest beefs was his shoe contract being small from being in a small market. For selling shoes he is not going to think Boston or Philly has a chance of changing that.