Poll

Which team did the best?

Hawks - Young-Bogdonavic-Markannen-Collins-Capella (Heurter, Fernando, Dedmon, Hunter, Reddish)
0 (0%)
Celtics - Smart-Brown-Hayward-Tatum-Adebuyo (Noel, Halliburton (9), Iggy, Olynyk, Wanamaker) + 21 Por 1st
7 (18.9%)
Nets - Irving-Temple-Prince-Durant-Gobert (Dinwiddie, Kurucs, Musa, Terry (20), Pinson)
5 (13.5%)
Bulls - Wall-White-Vassel (9)-Wood-Carter (Hayes (5), Hutchinson, Kornet, Gafford, Arcidiacono) plus 21 Den 1st
0 (0%)
Nuggets - Lavine-Harris-Crowder-Grant-Jokic (Morris, Barton, Craig, Porter, Nurkic) minus 21 1st
1 (2.7%)
Warriors - Curry-Thompson-Okoro(3)-Wiggins-Green (Looney, Poole, Paschall, Smailagic, Chriss)
0 (0%)
Rockets - Westbrook-Harden-House-Covington-Tucker (Rivers, Carroll, Green, Williams, Hartenstein)
0 (0%)
Pacers - Brogdon-Oladipo-Warren-Isaac-Sabonis (Holliday, Holliday, Fournier, Giles, McDermott)
2 (5.4%)
Heat - Walker-Robinson-Butler-Ibaka-Theis (Nunn, Herro, Jones Jr., Wagner, Williams)
3 (8.1%)
Bucks - McCullom-Thybulle-Middleton-Bertans-Giannis (Hill, Divencenzo, Korver, Bjelica, R Lopez)
4 (10.8%)
Wolves - Russell-Beasley-Culver-Hermangomez-Towns (Ball (1), Okogie, Evans, Spellman, Johnson)
0 (0%)
Magic - Murray-Beal-Harris-Gordon-Turner (Satoransky, Dunn, Plumlee, Ennis, Hampton (15) minus 22 and 24 1sts
6 (16.2%)
Blazers - Lillard-Hield-Ariza-Little-Vucevic (Trent, Hood, Anthony, Collins, Kanter) minus 21 1st
0 (0%)
Kings - Fox-Brown Jr.-Barnes-Bagley-Whiteside (Illyasova, Kuzma, Caruso,  Achiuwa (12), Holmes)
0 (0%)
Raptors - Lowry-Anunoby-Siakim-Milsap-Gasol (Reed (28), Boucher, VanFleet, Powell, Hollis-Jefferson)
2 (5.4%)
Jazz - Paul-Mitchell-Ingels-Bogdonavic-Allen (Lavert, Korkmaz, Moore, Claxton, Jordan) minus 22 1st
4 (10.8%)
Wizards - Fultz-Ross-Aminu-Hachimura-Bamba (P Williams (17), Anthony (19), Porter Jr., Bryant, Felicio) plus Orl 22 and 24 1st
3 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: July 06, 2020, 09:48:31 AM

Author Topic: 2020 Mock Off-Season Champion: Jvalin's Celtics  (Read 32037 times)

Re: 2020 Mock Off-Season Champion Vote (Every Vote Counts :):):) )
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2020, 04:28:32 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Vote if you can, especially if you participated in the mock off-season. Everyone is invited to vote!

Re: 2020 Mock Off-Season Champion Vote (Need At Least 8 More Voters)
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2020, 08:06:24 AM »

• Paul Silas
I'd really like to get up to 20 voters for this mock off-season. We need 8 more. You don't have to spend a long time. Just scan the teams and go with your gut.

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2020, 09:15:00 AM »

• Paul Silas
I should add that the Lakers, a non-player team, were asked to help with a trade that would send out Danny Green and receive back Eric Bledsoe.

I didn't think there was any way they would do that. They held the line and the other teams were willing to work with them. Their new starters:

Bledsoe-Green-James-Davis-Thompson. Their bench was the Kansas big they got in the draft with Howard, Rondo, Clarkson, and Bradley I think.

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2020, 09:20:24 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
One last bump ;D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2020, 09:31:53 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
I like what the Celtics did. The Kemba for Bam trade is a good one, your are trading a 30 year old small point guard + 1 more year of Danie Theis for a 22 year old all star who fits perfectly on this team and just as importantly fits the timeline. Kemba will be missed, but with the offensive emergence of Tatum and Brown i think you can cover that. The starting five is a lock for a top 3 defense every year.

In principal I also liked the trade up approach, the c's dont have the roster spots going into next year to make all these picks so if there's a guy they like in the lottery they should be open to trading up. Haliburton isn't who i would pick but i like the idea.

What the Magic did was good, even if I dont think it make them a contender. I think the heat would prefer to keep their cap space open for a run at giannis next summer.

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2020, 10:05:26 AM »

• Paul Silas
I like what the Celtics did. The Kemba for Bam trade is a good one, your are trading a 30 year old small point guard + 1 more year of Danie Theis for a 22 year old all star who fits perfectly on this team and just as importantly fits the timeline. Kemba will be missed, but with the offensive emergence of Tatum and Brown i think you can cover that. The starting five is a lock for a top 3 defense every year.

In principal I also liked the trade up approach, the c's dont have the roster spots going into next year to make all these picks so if there's a guy they like in the lottery they should be open to trading up. Haliburton isn't who i would pick but i like the idea.

What the Magic did was good, even if I dont think it make them a contender. I think the heat would prefer to keep their cap space open for a run at giannis next summer.

In real life, I would have three pretty big concerns with this trade:

1. Trading a max player a year after you signed him isn't a good look.
2. There's a real chance Bam's produced above his ability this past year, and that in a different system he would produce less.
3. CBS system has always relied on a quick guard to stir the offense. Guys like Walker break the defense down and get them rotating, which opens up easier shots. That's why CBS prioritizes speed. I think both Tatum and Brown would be a little more inefficient. We know Smart is not beating his man consistently.

Saying all that, I still think its a fascinating idea, particularly if you really believe in Haliburton.

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2020, 11:16:45 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

In real life, I would have three pretty big concerns with this trade:

1. Trading a max player a year after you signed him isn't a good look.
2. There's a real chance Bam's produced above his ability this past year, and that in a different system he would produce less.
3. CBS system has always relied on a quick guard to stir the offense. Guys like Walker break the defense down and get them rotating, which opens up easier shots. That's why CBS prioritizes speed. I think both Tatum and Brown would be a little more inefficient. We know Smart is not beating his man consistently.

Saying all that, I still think its a fascinating idea, particularly if you really believe in Haliburton.

1) Maybe, but if you get a chance for a 30 year old small point guard on max money for a 22 year old all star still with a year left on his rookie deal you do that 100/100 times. The image thing doesn't really matter, with Jaylen/Tatum/Bam locked up thats your core for a decade so you  arent pursuing max level guys anyway so it doesn't really matter how it looks. And its not like you sent Kemba to some dump of a team in some backwater. Miami is a marquee destination.

2) I would be shocked if Bam's 22 year old season is his best season, thats typically not how young up and coming all star works.  I wouldn't be shocked if he's more valuable than Kemba for literally every year of Kembas career remaining (except maybe next year). Again 30 vs 22, end of prime vs pre prime guy. Even if Bam isn't quite as good as he was this year, he's still really good and a perfect fit for the Celtics.

3) This one has some merit, but there's enough talent to figure it out. That starting unit has four + shooters and a good rim running big. That should work if Tatum and Brown are even 90% of what we think they are/could be

• Paul Silas
Hey, you! Vote now!

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Voted. I like that Nets roster.

Gobert/Durant, and literally any point guard ::drooling::
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

• Paul Silas
Looking for 5 more voters.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Hmm...  I don’t know if I’d say the Celts are most improved, although I do like what they did overall.

Orlando made a bigger leap in my opinion.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

• Paul Silas
Last call. We need your votes.

Re: 2020 Mock Off-Season Champion Vote: Voting Open until July 6th.
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2020, 08:11:56 PM »

• Paul Silas
I left the voting open until July 6th. Then the winner will be announced.

Re: 2020 Mock Off-Season Champion: Jvalin's Celtics
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2020, 08:11:13 AM »

• Paul Silas
And the winner is ... Jvalin's Celtics!!! Congratulations! TPs to Jvalin!

Re: 2020 Mock Off-Season Champion: Jvalin's Celtics
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2020, 08:31:51 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Well earned Jvalin! That Bam trade was a great get for the Celtics, and would make them my favourite to come out of the East
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)