Author Topic: Bucks (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Round 2 Game 3 5/3/19  (Read 71768 times)

Re: Bucks (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Round 2 Game 3 5/3/19
« Reply #990 on: May 03, 2019, 11:14:02 PM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Rozier has shown why he DOESN'T deserve a big contract.. ridiculous inconsistent..hayward was trash yet again for 2nd straight hame. Tatum was pretty good... Needs to go to whole and stop falling in love with fall away. Jaylen was excellent and was victim if bad foul calls.. kyrie was pretty decent.. horford was average. Team is definitely missing Smarts energy.. brad needs to show some.life

Tatum was pretty good? What game did you watch?

Pretty good.. not excellent.. not spectacular.. pretty good.. gave 20 and 11.. i will take that.. but you hand picked that out of the whole paragraph???

« Reply #991 on: May 03, 2019, 11:14:47 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
We are still in this series.  We win game 4 and the series is tied, and then we'll take our chances.  No one said it was going to be easy to beat the Bucks.  They are the favorites and most of the time the better team.  It just means we need to play intelligent basketball, play with more intensity and put the pressure on the bucks.

« Reply #992 on: May 03, 2019, 11:16:32 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
We would've had to hit a ridiculously high % of shots to play through the refs. I get it that some want to take the high road and pretend they didn't decide this game. However we need to call a spade a spade. It wasn't even by a long shot. Im sorry but the bucks were playing 08 celtics level d without nearly the talent to do so. This was an absolute screwing and you all know it. Trust me guys, you won't lose anything by admitting it.

Either Giannis is the goat, or there was a bias tonight. There's no other options.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #993 on: May 03, 2019, 11:17:06 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
What happened to the Celtics having one of the brightest futures in the league after we drafted Brown and Tatum and signed Hayward and Horford ?

This was all before Irving was even in the picture and now, all those players are horrible ??

We lose Irving and a chance at Davis, I say we still have a bright future - Hayward will continue to recover, Tatum's psyche was destroyed by the drama and changes this year, I say he returns to form, Brown keeps getting better, we have all the draft picks. We'll need some important additions, but you guys act like we're starting over if we keep our young core of talent. I think losing Irving is the best thing that could happen to this team - they would come into training camp with the weight of the world off their shoulders. And they wouldn't be "walking on eggshells."

Jaylen Brown has been a very pleasant surprise to me thus far. Two years in a row he's the most impressive player on the floor for us in the playoffs, and is even better this year. This after I was just about writing him off earlier this season.
With you on that one - I'm happily eating crow right now. He really steps up.

Nick had more faith than me and was proven very correct
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #994 on: May 03, 2019, 11:18:35 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
We are still in this series.  We win game 4 and the series is tied, and then we'll take our chances.  No one said it was going to be easy to beat the Bucks.  They are the favorites and most of the time the better team.  It just means we need to play intelligent basketball, play with more intensity and put the pressure on the bucks.

If you look at the poll in the main forum 8% thought we would win in 4 or 5, 61% that we would win in 6 or 7. I’d say we have them right where we want them  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #995 on: May 03, 2019, 11:18:47 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
50plus points in the paint.

Team needs horford at pf nd a proper center out there.

« Reply #996 on: May 03, 2019, 11:19:07 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
What happened to the Celtics having one of the brightest futures in the league after we drafted Brown and Tatum and signed Hayward and Horford ?

This was all before Irving was even in the picture and now, all those players are horrible ??

We lose Irving and a chance at Davis, I say we still have a bright future - Hayward will continue to recover, Tatum's psyche was destroyed by the drama and changes this year, I say he returns to form, Brown keeps getting better, we have all the draft picks. We'll need some important additions, but you guys act like we're starting over if we keep our young core of talent. I think losing Irving is the best thing that could happen to this team - they would come into training camp with the weight of the world off their shoulders. And they wouldn't be "walking on eggshells."

Jaylen Brown has been a very pleasant surprise to me thus far. Two years in a row he's the most impressive player on the floor for us in the playoffs, and is even better this year. This after I was just about writing him off earlier this season.

Jaylen has been great and why he did not play more is what is killing this team.

« Reply #997 on: May 03, 2019, 11:19:16 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Hey you forgot about me! I had a ton of posts pulling for Brown when you guys said he was a 3 and D guy at best.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #998 on: May 03, 2019, 11:19:44 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
We would've had to hit a ridiculously high % of shots to play through the refs. I get it that some want to take the high road and pretend they didn't decide this game. However we need to call a spade a spade. It wasn't even by a long shot. Im sorry but the bucks were playing 08 celtics level d without nearly the talent to do so. This was an absolute screwing and you all know it. Trust me guys, you won't lose anything by admitting it.

Either Giannis is the goat, or there was a bias tonight. There's no other options.

Let's start with the fact that our bench got destroyed by guys like Pat Connaughton and Ersan Ilyasova. At home no less.

Hayward and Rozier were awful, and Semi made some offensive plays that killed our runs. Baynes and Theis were non existent.

« Reply #999 on: May 03, 2019, 11:19:50 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Rozier has shown why he DOESN'T deserve a big contract.. ridiculous inconsistent..hayward was trash yet again for 2nd straight hame. Tatum was pretty good... Needs to go to whole and stop falling in love with fall away. Jaylen was excellent and was victim if bad foul calls.. kyrie was pretty decent.. horford was average. Team is definitely missing Smarts energy.. brad needs to show some.life

Pretty good.. not excellent.. not spectacular.. pretty good.. gave 20 and 11.. i will take that.. but you hand picked that out of the whole paragraph???

yes because Tatum was a horrible momentum killer. He missed easy shots and he does not take the ball to the hole which is what a power forward should do. At this point I dont even know the heck if he is a PF or not.

« Reply #1000 on: May 03, 2019, 11:20:52 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Let's start with the fact that our bench got destroyed by guys like Pat Connaughton and Ersan Ilyasova. At home no less.

Hayward and Rozier were awful, and Semi made some offensive plays that killed our runs. Baynes and Theis were non existent.
Semi imo was okay tonight-played with intensity and hit some threes. Sure he made boneheaded plays but that's expected of a third string forward who hasn't had much playing time.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #1001 on: May 03, 2019, 11:21:38 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479

If you look at the poll in the main forum 8% thought we would win in 4 or 5, 61% that we would win in 6 or 7. I’d say we have them right where we want them  :laugh:

Well I wasn't among the people who thought we would win in 4 or 5 haha.  But that doesn't mean the series is over with a 2-1 bucks lead.  Just like it wasn't over with a 1-0 Celtics lead. 

Bucks are a hard team to stop, we need everyone giving 1000% on def and staying with the winning script on offense.  Move the ball find the open man, make it hard on the Bucks at both ends.  We let them off easy in the 2nd half with too many bad iso shots, not moving the ball.

« Reply #1002 on: May 03, 2019, 11:22:20 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

Semi imo was okay tonight-played with intensity and hit some threes. Sure he made boneheaded plays but that's expected of a third string forward who hasn't had much playing time.

He had a great start out there and then evened it all out with his dumb turnovers and poor shots down the stretch.

« Reply #1003 on: May 03, 2019, 11:22:22 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
This team just plain SUCKS. Very typical that they'd make a little run near the end to make the score "respectable" and give us "hope"—except it's FALSE HOPE.

I hope Danny gets rid of the whole team this offseason and starts over with players who aren't softies and patsies. I hope he gets some legit size, some legit rebounders. Pathetic. Pathetic display tonight.

Danny's not going to get rid of all his assets unless there's a huge trade to be made.

The calculus isn't actually all that different now than it was a few weeks ago.  It's still going to come down to trading for AD at the draft to convince Kyrie to stay and then trying to piece together a supporting cast from what's left.

If they don't trade for AD, Kyrie joins the Knicks and then things get really interesting.

Honestly, I really don't care what this team or franchise does at this point. They sure as heck aren't getting anywhere close to even SNIFFING a title this season, and this group of players just doesn't have "it" anyway. They can all go pound sand after two straight pathetic performances. Get Davis or don't get Davis, doesn't matter. Davis is injury prone, and these young guys aren't as good as some people think, especially Tatum. Guy can't guard a chair.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1004 on: May 03, 2019, 11:22:57 PM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13

yes because Tatum was a horrible momentum killer. He missed easy shots and he does not take the ball to the hole which is what a power forward should do. At this point I dont even know the heck if he is a PF or not.

He's  not a PF.. lol.. yes he settles for fadeways which i Said in my post