Author Topic: Love is a "toss-up" for game 7  (Read 2836 times)

Re: Love is a "toss-up" for game 7
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2018, 06:07:33 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
He waits to read where the double is coming from before committing. Basketball 101. The higher they double the more chance he has to kick out. LeBron does the exact same thing.

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2018, 06:55:53 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
They might have been better without Love....I thought Jeff Green let them match us with more athletically.

Love is so soft, though.

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2018, 07:08:28 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
He waits to read where the double is coming from before committing. Basketball 101. The higher they double the more chance he has to kick out. LeBron does the exact same thing.

I think the point is that if he has a smaller guy on him, he should make a decisive move to the hoop if the chance is there. Al is obviously a great playmaker, but the worst case scenario is when the double team comes and he takes a desperate looking fadeaway or tries using the glass on a hook shot. Those are just not his strengths.

As for Love, the Cavs were much better off without him last night. It's like immediately after he went out, they became a defensive powerhouse and grabbed every offensive rebound in sight. The Cs shot better from 2 and 3 last night and it was never close. If he does miss game 7, hopefully the Cs can adjust. I am not sure my heart can take another loss to Lebron.

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2018, 07:36:51 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
No Love means Boston will start Morris.

Rozier on Hill
Morris on James
Tatum on Smith
Brown on green
Al on TT

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2018, 08:13:39 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
If he is concussed he won't be on the flight to Boston.

The fact they still need more tests tomorrow after doing test tonight has me leaning that he is has a concussion.

AFAIK even passing a test for a concussion means you need to be tested the next day. If he is concussed then there's no way he can play Sunday (not enough time to pass the protocol)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2018, 08:38:43 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Cavs are a one man team  anyways...

Its the next

scrub up.

James is like the ARMY ,  he only needs four other live bodies on the court to CALL it a team.

The other four pretty much stand around and await their turn for James to let them touch the ball. :-\

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2018, 08:48:43 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
No Love means Boston will start Morris.

Rozier on Hill
Morris on James
Tatum on Smith
Brown on green
Al on TT

Smart on Hill
Tatum on James
Brown on Smith
AL on green
Baynes on TT

Thats what i will go, the best defending and rebounding and team ball lineup to lock it early, with offensive punch in Morris and Rozier from the bench

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2018, 09:00:49 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I wouldnt count on Jeff green/george hill/nance having huge games in boston....

this series really has come down to the fact that their role players cant play in boston, and our role players cant play in cleveland.

Both teams look completely different on the road vs. at home. Lebron just played 45minutes, and with no love, at home...I think we have a great chance to win the series.

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2018, 09:02:24 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
If the NBA has any sort of concussion protocol whatsoever I don’t see how Love plays tomorrow.

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2018, 09:03:55 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Love is their most consistent three point shooter..
You need threes on the road...
Lebron will end up faking another injury to excuse a loss...
legacy saved!!!

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2018, 09:07:33 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Love can be the guy that gets Boston in trouble with the 3s. Much rather have Green out there.

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2018, 09:15:11 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
If the NBA's concussion protocol is in anyway legit....Love wont play tomorrow. If he is still getting "evaluated" today, there is no way its Not a concussion, and no way he'll be better for tomorrow

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2018, 09:29:13 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Any word on Rozier's ankle? He sprained it pretty good. I expect him to play, but I hope it doesn't swell up and limit his mobility tomorrow.

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2018, 09:48:46 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
From the standpoint of Boston winning, I'd much rather have Love play.

Love's average game is going to be better than Nance or Green. *But* Love's ceiling six games into this series is pretty well established. He's a problem for them on defense. Al gets off great shots against him in the post (what is he shooting, something like 75% at the rim against Love?), and he's not an active help defender. He also makes it easier for us to keep Baynes in the game. Baynes has been a plus team defender and capable switched onto LeBron. His rebounding has been good for a few easy putbacks a game, which can really help with momentum. Basically, when we play against Cleveland's bigs, I think we have it figured out how to beat them.

Nance or Green make the outcome much harder to predict. They *might* take a dump on the garden floor and gift us the game. But they might also bring a lot more energy to the Cavs' defense and rebounding, and on a good night Green will get you as many points as Love.