Author Topic: Lakers Considering Dwight Howard Trade?  (Read 2856 times)

Lakers Considering Dwight Howard Trade?
« on: January 23, 2013, 11:50:47 AM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Lakers Considering Dwight Howard Trade?

By HOOPSWORLD
Basketball News & NBA Rumors

The Los Angeles Lakershave consistently turned away trade inquiries in recent weeks for All-Star center Dwight Howardand still believe they have a strong chance of signing him to a new contract when Howard becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer, according to sources close to the situation.

But sources told ESPN.com this week the Lakers might be forced to reconsider that position between now and the Feb. 21 trade deadline because of Howard’s growing unhappiness with his role under coach Mike D’Antoni and the potential that raises for Howard leaving them in July without compensation.

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak, however, said that a trade is not imminent.

“I don’t think we’re at the point where you say, ‘It’s time for a trade,’ and a trade happens in three to four days. That’s just not how this league works,” Kupchak said in a phone interview with ESPN.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/lakers-consider-howard-trade-by-deadline/#eAPRLjE4zpdfV8cV.99

Re: Lakers Considering Dwight Howard Trade?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 11:52:45 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Not coming to the Celtics. Period.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 11:53:58 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I absolutely LOVE that for once the Lakers find themselves in the position of the team that might have to trade their young star for pennies on the dollar because they're not sure they re-sign him.

Oh the irony is so wonderful it almost makes up for the Celtics being a joke.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 11:54:17 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
They should trade him immediately.  He didn't want to be there in the first place.  Trade him across town for Lamar Odom, DeAndre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe and Chauncey Billups, and a draft pick or two.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 11:56:59 AM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton

You love Wilcox. He is better than DH12...Period!

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 11:57:45 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

I said nothing of the sort.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 12:18:48 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I don't want to trade for or sign Dwight Howard.  Overrated and a head case.  Let the Lakers waste a max contract on him.

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 12:52:29 PM »

Offline BenHenry

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Let's trade our bench warmers for Dwight Howard, im sure LA is dumb enough to do that even though other teams are willing to give up their star players and a better deal for him.

It's absolutely ridiculous to think that some of us here think we can get Dwight or DMC without giving up one of our star players. Their front office would hang up the phone instantly.

Please no more of these asinine trade ideas, they do not want potato chips for their star players.

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 12:59:05 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think the Lakers will call Howard's bluff if he threatens to leave.  The rules about retaining a team's own free agents plus the new sign-and-trade rules make it very unlikely that Howard will leave.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 01:06:52 PM »

Offline fugazzi24

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 17
Would Denver consider a one year trade rental for Howard.  They could offer Mcgee and Chandler for Howard.

Then Denver would finish games with

Lawson
Miller
Iquodala
Galinara
Howard

I would not want to see that team in the playoffs at all!  And if they win the title or go to the Finals does Howard resign??  Denver is a great town to live in!!

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 01:11:40 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton

It's absolutely ridiculous to think that some of us here think we can get Dwight or DMC without giving up one of our star players.

That’s true. You know why? Because some people in this forum hardly underestimate DH12. Some of them thing that Wilcox or Collins are better than him

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 01:13:36 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
If I was LA, I'd be working the phones trying to move him. I don't think he's going to go back, so they should try to get some value for him considering their season is lost.

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 01:13:54 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I think the Lakers will call Howard's bluff if he threatens to leave.  The rules about retaining a team's own free agents plus the new sign-and-trade rules make it very unlikely that Howard will leave.

With his back, and the way he's playing currently there is 0 chance he's walking away from that fifth year. Lakers might trade him because they don't want to deal with him, but not because they're afraid he'll walk.

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 01:49:17 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Don't forget that stud, Jason Collins (lol!) Hey, wasn't the story on him that he was a "Dwight Howard stopper" when Ainge signed him to like a $750.00 contract?

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 01:50:24 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Yeah we don't need him. We've got plenty of dominant 7 foot centers.....wait!!!