Author Topic: Will Boston trade up?  (Read 25460 times)

Re: Will Boston trade up?
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2015, 12:30:09 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Maybe we will trade out of this draft entirely.

« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2015, 12:43:30 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I could see a big move like IT, AB and Sully for Favors and 12th pick. Gobert is the future Center for Jazz and Sully works better than Favors at the 4. Jazz completes their starting group with IT, AB, Gordon, Sully and Gobert. C's draft  at 12 Kaminsky, Booker at 16, Vezenkov 28, Harvey 33.

Cs new starters Smart,Turner,Young, KO, Favors
C's new bench Harvey, Booker, Vezenkov, Kaminsky, Zeller.

« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2015, 01:00:42 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I could see a big move like IT, AB and Sully for Favors and 12th pick. Gobert is the future Center for Jazz and Sully works better than Favors at the 4. Jazz completes their starting group with IT, AB, Gordon, Sully and Gobert. C's draft  at 12 Kaminsky, Booker at 16, Vezenkov 28, Harvey 33.

Cs new starters Smart,Turner,Young, KO, Favors
C's new bench Harvey, Booker, Vezenkov, Kaminsky, Zeller.
Dont see that happening I think Utah values Favors a lot and with good reason, a Favors Gobert frontcourt is really tremendous. Also I doubt they have given up on their two top 10 pick point guards. I do think AB is  good fit for them.

I would not be all that surprised to see AB for #12 as Lowe suggested a while back. That could really give us some amo to move into the top 10.
This is more what  I expect there are a lot of intriguing players potentially available this offseason, as a few teams (Denver and maybe Toronto) look to blow it up and a few more need to clear cap to bring back RFAs (Golden State and Chicago) there are several intriguing guys who could be had for a package based around picks 16 and 33
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2015, 01:02:52 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'd be thrilled to get Derrick Favors, but I agree -- the Jazz would have to be nuts to trade him.

Hayward-Favors-Gobert is the nucleus of a 50 win team.  That Jazz team just needs a better backcourt and some depth and they'll have a chance at that.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2015, 04:40:50 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm sure it's a possibility.

Could also see Ainge trading out. The #16 plus a TPE could land something interesting.

I agree.  The Thomas trade seems like an indication he wants faster rebuild not younger rebuild.  I know people want Cousins, but that may take more than even both of our firsts this year.  Philly is interesting, in that maybe Noel or Embid could be had for two firsts.  What about a S&T with LA for Jordan?  I'm not a cap guy, so I'd be curios to see what that would look like.  He's an intriguing UFA in that Danny could prmoise him that he is the face of the franchise, you know, stroke that ego a bit.  Build around him, etc, etc....

Cousins would be a top 3 pick in this draft.  So I'd have no problem giving up Sullinger, #16, and #28 for him.  But I don't think the Kings would do it.  :)

« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2015, 04:51:30 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
funny i would like to trade down but no one has an extra bottom first round pick
so most likely a philly 2nd rounder and another teams first rounder (which i would not do)

i think there is more value at the bottom first round and start of the 2nd round
end of the lottery and middle of the 1st round seem kind of overrated

« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2015, 02:51:19 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 919
I hope we unload a bunch of assets to move up. There's a lot of talent in this draft, but alas, it's all in the top 8. I'd support unloading a bunch of assets for a really high pick. For example you could make a 3-team trade such as:

#16, #26 + Sully to Miami for #10
#10, Young, Bkn '16, Bkn '18, #33 to Orlando for #5 (WINSLOW).

Mostly this is because I think Justise is a future superstar.

I think both are overpays, although the first one is close.  The second is way too much risk for me.

funny i would like to trade down but no one has an extra bottom first round pick
so most likely a philly 2nd rounder and another teams first rounder (which i would not do)

i think there is more value at the bottom first round and start of the 2nd round
end of the lottery and middle of the 1st round seem kind of overrated

The only one I can come up with is #16 to Houston for #18 and #32, which I would do.  Maybe someone Houston wants drops.  But I think the last thing we need is more draft picks.

Mike

« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2015, 07:21:24 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Saw some interesting interviews with Oubre and Stanley Johnson on DraftExpress. I figured these guys are potnential trade up targets and I cant think of a more appropriate thread so here you go.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Kelly-Oubre-Interview-4953
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Stanley-Johnson-Interview-4954

The only thing that you really take note of was that Stanley Johnson said that the trainers as P3 or wherever they are noticed the way he jumps could be hurting his vertical and he believes he could add 6 inches to it by the draft!!!

Johnson also mentioned that the trainers had pinpointed his weaknesses and he was already improving his agility, decision making, and pushing his range out to 3 pt range. He talked about how he felt he was the hardest worker in the class, and that he believes he can play and gaurd 4 positions. The best line from my perspective was that he said he doesnt care where in the draft he goes so long as its to a team that is all about competing and winning. He said its fine if its young guys, so long as everyone is all about winning. Overall he sounded like hed fit in great here.

He seemed to have a really nice handle on his weaknesses and what he needed to improve. I think thats very valuable.

Oubre had some nice lines too. he talked about how he believed he can defend 5 positions if need be and how he plays with a chip on his shoulder. He also talked about getting from being a great athlete to a really elite athlete. He also harped a lot on defense he talked about how he really wanted to become a great defender. He said the guys he really looks at as models in the playoffs were Leonard and Butler in that they play a defense first game. This was good to hear this commitment to defense.

He also had a good handle on his weaknesses, talking about a need to improve shot consistency and his one-on-one game.

The only thing that either said that gave me a bit of pause was that when asked about his struggles finishing at the rim, Johnson basically said that they dont call the charge as much in the NBA so Ill be OK.

They both came off very professionally, acknowledging their weaknesses and how the plan to erase them. Both were very mature, especially Oubre, making sure to complement Kansas's strength coach and talking about how there were a lot of great players in this draft and tremendous athletes in the NBA. He didnt blame anyone for what he acknowledged was a tough season at Kansas.

Now after all that you have to remember these guys are coached on what to say in these situations so you cant take all that much from it.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2015, 09:12:35 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
i could see this happening fo sho
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2015, 11:04:34 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
i could see this happening fo sho
just curious, but why? i dont see the logic or reasoning for doing this, so please let me know your thoughts on why ainge would do this.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva