Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 339498 times)

Re: Idea: AD-Porzingis-Kyrie 3-way
« Reply #405 on: January 20, 2019, 03:04:19 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Ugh, enough.

The goal is to KEEP the elite player we have and add another elite player.
Right!

Plus I dunno if NYK does this
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #406 on: January 20, 2019, 06:22:58 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
If Irving request for it np. If he doesn't, wait for off season.

« Reply #407 on: January 20, 2019, 06:41:42 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Ugh, enough.

Exactly. Which is why I don't think Ainge does anything at the trade deadline. I think he rides this team out to see how they do in the playoffs with a healthy Kyrie and Hayward (knock on wood) and then he goes all in on AD this summer.

If he can't get Davis, I think he'll try to go after another big fish. But the whole point is to team up Kyrie with Davis here in Boston.

« Reply #408 on: January 20, 2019, 08:01:05 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Ugh, enough.

Exactly. Which is why I don't think Ainge does anything at the trade deadline. I think he rides this team out to see how they do in the playoffs with a healthy Kyrie and Hayward (knock on wood) and then he goes all in on AD this summer.

If he can't get Davis, I think he'll try to go after another big fish. But the whole point is to team up Kyrie with Davis here in Boston.

I'm 100% confident that this is the plan. Ainge has made some surprising moves, like the trade for Irving came out of nowhere. But this time it will be predictable and I don't think that's much of an issue, since we have the best assets to offer.

« Reply #409 on: January 20, 2019, 09:10:24 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Nice. Another ship Kyrie out of time trade idea. You got to love this board sometimes.

« Reply #410 on: January 20, 2019, 09:24:41 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Keep Kyrie at all cost..he is a top 10 player..cant win without him
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #411 on: January 20, 2019, 10:24:31 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Yawn. Another Kyrie trade thread here we go... don't you guys get tired of doing the same thing over and over again?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #412 on: January 20, 2019, 10:52:50 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Keep Kyrie at all cost..he is a top 10 player..cant win without him

Isn't Anthony Davis a top 10 player also?  I would not in general look to trade Kyrie but Anthony Davis is one case where I would make an exception.  I doubt that NOP is looking to trade him but if they are, we should try to get in on it, even if it means trading Kyrie.  I would even consider trading directly with NYK for a package with Porzingis.

In terms of trading Kyrie in general, there are two elephants in the room with him (OK, maybe hippopotamuses); injury and contract.  Kyrie had to have his knee cap screwed back together and that is just the most recent.  At Duke, he had toe surgery that cost him most of the year and has also had shoulder issues, broken hands, broken jaw, and on and on.  Fear of injury could lead a GM to consider trading him.

Then of course there is the contract.  He will be a UFA and can sign anywhere.  You could sign him to a big deal and then he could blow out something (major injury) or he could sign elsewhere and you lose him for nothing.  I don't think it is likely he will be traded but I can understand why people are posting about it. 

« Reply #413 on: January 20, 2019, 11:16:14 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Let's just cut out New Orleans and do Brown, Rozier, Semi, Bird and a stash of picks for Zinger and the last 2 years of Thomas.

« Reply #414 on: January 20, 2019, 11:21:58 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Ugh, enough.

As above said , the main idea is to pair kyrie (an elite pick and roll guard) with davis (elite pick  and roll forward) And watch the magic happen

Sending out kyrie puts us in treadmilling status

What if the Lakers go all in for AD prior to the deadline though? Cause if I were the Lakers, that's exactly what I would do. I bet that's what LeBron expects them to do as well. Would you like the C's to sit back and hope for the best?

I'm not worried about it.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #415 on: January 20, 2019, 11:51:40 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Basically it's an idea from Chris Sheridan that got me intrigued.

https://nesn.com/2019/01/nba-reporter-floats-possible-kyrie-irving-anthony-davis-trade-scenario/

We all know that the C's cannot trade for AD till next summer because of the Rose rule, unless we trade Kyrie as well. The initial idea is a 3-way with the Pels and the Knicks where the C's get AD, the Knicks get Kyrie and the Pels get Zinger + additional assets (prospects/picks). From then on, feel free to play with the trade machine to come up with an idea that would seem at least semi realistic from the Pels point of view.

I'm kind of confident that a package of Zinger + Brown + filler(s) + pick(s) would get the job done (assuming the Pels are willing to sell). Not sure whether I'd part ways with both Kyrie and Brown though. To be honest, it feels like an overpay.
Williams would be a perfect fit next to Porzingis, hence let's throw him in. Anyway, here's the proposed trade:

(click on image to enlarge)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7dp72fs

Boston in: AD*
Boston out: Kyrie + Williams + as many picks as it takes to get it done

*(Perhaps we take back a couple of small contracts from the Pels as well to help them come down to 15 players after the trade. In this case, we 'd have to cut Bird or send him to the Knicks.)

NY in: Kyrie
NY out: Porzingis + Ntilikina + Lance Thomas (salary filler) + probably a pick(?)

New Orleans in: Porzingis + Williams + Ntilikina + Lance Thomas + as many picks as it takes to get it done
New Orleans out: AD

At the end of the day, I'm not sure whether that's enough value for the Pels, but it's all about their alternatives on the open market. I mean, if you were the Pels GM and you were looking to get max possible value for AD which package would you rather have? Porzingis + more young prospects/picks or Ingram + Kuz + whatever else the Lakers may offer? Imo, Porzingis is hands down the best player from that group. 

As for the Knicks, Kyrie is just 3 years older than Porzingis and he ain't coming off of a major injury. The plan would be to pair Kyrie with a second star via free agency next summer.

Do you even watch the games? 

« Reply #416 on: January 20, 2019, 12:19:35 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Basically it's an idea from Chris Sheridan that got me intrigued.

https://nesn.com/2019/01/nba-reporter-floats-possible-kyrie-irving-anthony-davis-trade-scenario/

We all know that the C's cannot trade for AD till next summer because of the Rose rule, unless we trade Kyrie as well. The initial idea is a 3-way with the Pels and the Knicks where the C's get AD, the Knicks get Kyrie and the Pels get Zinger + additional assets (prospects/picks). From then on, feel free to play with the trade machine to come up with an idea that would seem at least semi realistic from the Pels point of view.

I'm kind of confident that a package of Zinger + Brown + filler(s) + pick(s) would get the job done (assuming the Pels are willing to sell). Not sure whether I'd part ways with both Kyrie and Brown though. To be honest, it feels like an overpay.
Williams would be a perfect fit next to Porzingis, hence let's throw him in. Anyway, here's the proposed trade:

(click on image to enlarge)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7dp72fs

Boston in: AD*
Boston out: Kyrie + Williams + as many picks as it takes to get it done

*(Perhaps we take back a couple of small contracts from the Pels as well to help them come down to 15 players after the trade. In this case, we 'd have to cut Bird or send him to the Knicks.)

NY in: Kyrie
NY out: Porzingis + Ntilikina + Lance Thomas (salary filler) + probably a pick(?)

New Orleans in: Porzingis + Williams + Ntilikina + Lance Thomas + as many picks as it takes to get it done
New Orleans out: AD

At the end of the day, I'm not sure whether that's enough value for the Pels, but it's all about their alternatives on the open market. I mean, if you were the Pels GM and you were looking to get max possible value for AD which package would you rather have? Porzingis + more young prospects/picks or Ingram + Kuz + whatever else the Lakers may offer? Imo, Porzingis is hands down the best player from that group. 

As for the Knicks, Kyrie is just 3 years older than Porzingis and he ain't coming off of a major injury. The plan would be to pair Kyrie with a second star via free agency next summer.

Do you even watch the games?
What a fantastic post.  You should be proud.

« Reply #417 on: January 20, 2019, 12:45:35 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Ugh, enough.

As above said , the main idea is to pair kyrie (an elite pick and roll guard) with davis (elite pick  and roll forward) And watch the magic happen

What if the Lakers go all in for AD prior to the deadline though? Cause if I were the Lakers, that's exactly what I would do. I bet that's what LeBron expects them to do as well. Would you like the C's to sit back and hope for the best?

I am fairly certain the Pelicans aren't trading Davis before the trade deadline. Not to mention if I am the Pels, I'd rather trade AD to the East where I don't have to face him four times a season. Also, the Lakers aren't going to beat a Celtics potential trade package of Tatum, Smart, Robert Wiliams, and two lottery picks (which is where the Memphis and Kings pick currently sit.)

« Reply #418 on: January 20, 2019, 01:05:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Ugh, enough.

Bron will try.   Its exactly what Lebron wants and he ll have Johnson trading any and all of the young players to aquire AD .

Basically , we have to hope NO turns down all the Lakers offers and would rather send him East and wait fot a better offer from eastern conf teams .

Re: Anthony Davis Trade Thread (Merged Threads)
« Reply #419 on: January 23, 2019, 02:48:55 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277