Author Topic: This is crazy. Celtics don't want Jackson. Another trade coming?  (Read 12577 times)

Online KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 What the heck is going on. Jackson is by far the most talented player at three. He's probably the second best, factor in defense and he's probably the best two way player.

Seems like things are too quiet right now. We have heard the Sun's love him the Bulls love him the Kings love him the Knicks love him I'm sure just about everybody loves him on the court.

Anybody have any other wild predictions? Something just doesn't sit right with me about this. The road seems to steer towards Chicago and Jimmy Butler that's just what makes sense but who knows.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 05:31:25 AM by Roy H. »

Re: This is crazy. Celtics don't want Jackson. Another trade coming.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 02:04:04 AM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
The C's said no to Buttler for the #3 strait up.
Maybe a move for porzingis with the pick.
The offer LA is rumored to have out for PG13 is beatable with out giving up any lottery picks.
There has been a lot of talk about moving back to 5 & 10.
The smart money is on Tatum at 3.
I'm in the Isaac camp.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 02:06:34 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Asking prices for PG, Butler, KP have been too high.  If Ainge chose not to flip #3 for Butler, though, that'd be a big surprise.  That's arguably really stupid.  These kids are going to take years to make meaningful contributions -- especially Jackson -- and we have a core that can conceivably contend with 1 FA signing and 1 trade, both of which seem attainable. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 02:21:39 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Asking prices for PG, Butler, KP have been too high.  If Ainge chose not to flip #3 for Butler, though, that'd be a big surprise.  That's arguably really stupid.  These kids are going to take years to make meaningful contributions -- especially Jackson -- and we have a core that can conceivably contend with 1 FA signing and 1 trade, both of which seem attainable.

If we sign a max level free agent, making a trade for another star would be nearly impossible, since we wouldn't be able to take any extra salary back.

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 02:34:22 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

If we sign a max level free agent, making a trade for another star would be nearly impossible, since we wouldn't be able to take any extra salary back.

How is matching ~18 million impossible?  We've got rookie contracts, mid-level contracts, and a boatload of picks to make the trade happen.  Likely ensures a future luxury tax, but it's absolutely possible. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 02:39:23 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Bleacher report says butler only wants cavs. eWe're  not trading for him.

Where did you see the Celtics aren't interested in Jackson

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 03:13:02 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
What the heck is going on. Jackson is by far the most talented player at three. He's probably the second best, factor in defense and he's probably the best two way player.

Umm....no.

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 03:14:37 AM »

Online KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Umm....no.

Who is a better two way player?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 03:52:22 AM by KG Living Legend »

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 03:51:45 AM »

Online KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Josh Jackson has a top two promise. If that is true. Things make more sense.

We could get another asset from The Sun's so they can select Lonzo Ball at three, or we could take Ball.

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 04:21:50 AM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47

Josh Jackson has a top two promise. If that is true. Things make more sense.

We could get another asset from The Sun's so they can select Lonzo Ball at three, or we could take Ball.

If Lonzo Ball drops to #3 Danny is going to go deaf from ringing phones with the teams trying to trade with him. It would be beautiful. I don't want Lonzo. I want Dennis Smith Jr, but I just want a laugh on draft night to see how much Danny can get carried away making trades. It's like a kid in a candy store  ;D

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 04:43:48 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo

Umm....no.

You said hes by far the most talented player at three.

I very strongly disagree.

Tatum is physically superior in every way except for run / jump athleticism and he's vastly more skilled, despite being younger. 

There's also every chance ball coukd drop to 3 id the Lakers aren't convinced by him,  and I believe he's also more talented then Jackson.

Jackson is WAY too raw.  Nobody seems to acknowledge this.   The guy can't shoot, he has a mediocre handle,  doesnt have a standout midrange game,  isn't a good scorer / shot creator in ISO situations, is a decent but not great rebounder, lacks length, lacks strength, lacks a sufficient frame to be able to add strength...

Ultimately his only core strengths are his perimeter defense and his athleticism - and for some reason people are looking at that as a good thing (like more raw means more things to improve on and hence more upside).   No. More raw just means you NEED to grow more just to reach the point where you can actually earn a roster spot in the nba.

Also I don't consider Jackson a two way player at all,  because I don't see him as a guy who's likely to have any success at all on the offensive end at the nba level to to his sheer lack of offensive skill.  Simply meeting able to run and jump does not make you an automatic future star scorer,  we should all know that by now.

And being able to score in college against smaller weaker kids doesn't mean you'll be able to score in the nba against stronger, more skilled men.

I look at Jackson and I see an absolute BEST CASE of Josh Smith.  Worst case of Michael Kidd Gilchrist.

I look at Tatum and I see a best case of Paul Pierce and worst case of Jabari Parker.

Id take Pierce over Josh Smith, and I'd take Jabari over MKG.

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 04:44:39 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Umm....no.

Isaac for one. Jackson isn't the best two way player because he is mediocre offensively.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 04:49:27 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo

Umm....no.

Isaac for one. Jackson isn't the best two way player because he is mediocre offensively.

If argue Fox may be a better two way player too.

Also tbh be honest,  I dint get this "better two way player" argument.  How do you answer that?   What matters is who is the better player.

For example,  who's the better two-way player out of Avery Bradley and James Harden?  Bradley is technically,  because Harden isn't a two way player at all.   But if you coukd pick either guy to build a team around,  nobody's picking Bradley over Harden.

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 04:56:38 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Umm....no.

If argue Fox may be a better two way player too.

Also tbh be honest,  I dint get this "better two way player" argument.  How do you answer that?   What matters is who is the better player.

For example,  who's the better two-way player out of Avery Bradley and James Harden?  Bradley is technically,  because Harden isn't a two way player at all.   But if you coukd pick either guy to build a team around,  nobody's picking Bradley over Harden.
Yeah, I'd probably agree about Fox too.

But yeah, especially on a team where two of our starters are quite great two way players (Crowder and Bradley), what we should be going for is dynamic offensive players.

Considering we lost out on Fultz, and barring a trade of the pick, Tatum should be our guy, unless DA gets weird with it and picks Isaac.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 05:22:46 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
The C's said no to Buttler for the #3 strait up.
Maybe a move for porzingis with the pick.
The offer LA is rumored to have out for PG13 is beatable with out giving up any lottery picks.
There has been a lot of talk about moving back to 5 & 10.
The smart money is on Tatum at 3.
I'm in the Isaac camp.

I watched Duke vs FSU clips and isaac used his length to take the ball away from Tatum and then draw a offensive foul, again off Tatum- They made a big deal out of Bender this kid is better and a ex guard
The way teams are throwing away players right now to set up for a rebuild with flawed centers getting peanuts
Isn't hayward just a very good player with a gorbet backstop