Author Topic: 5 workouts?  (Read 4024 times)

5 workouts?
« on: June 19, 2008, 10:30:17 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
Mike Gorman mentioned on the pre-parade show that Danny has 5 workouts scheduled and that he really thinks that we can get somebody that can help in this draft...

does anybody have a info on who we are bringing in for these workouts?

Re: 5 workouts?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 11:58:38 AM »

Offline yupitsme

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • "My team about green RONDO roger that" - Fabolous
I know one player that worked out for us

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Alexis-Ajinca-534/

"He is going to be big-time," Turiaf said. "He has a body for a force and a defensive presence. Has a nose for blocking shots and is at the right place for his teammates as far as blocks, playing good defense, and help-side defense. And even when he's not blocking shots, he's going to bother stuff. He had a real good workout out in Boston. All I'm going to say is people are going to be very surprised. Nobody's talking about him right now.

Don't know when but he might be one of em

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 12:04:41 PM »

Offline yupitsme

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • "My team about green RONDO roger that" - Fabolous
to answer your question the 5 workouts I know about are

Jeremy Pargo - Gonzaga (Went back to school)
James Mays - Clemson
Richard Hendrix - Alabama
George Hill - IUPUI
Gary Forbes - UMass

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 12:17:12 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
As far as I know, Ajinca didn't workout for the Celtics. Turiaf was confused, he meant Charlotte.

I knew about Pargo, Hill and Forbes.

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 12:23:17 PM »

Offline Rizzo

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
As a UMass graduate, I really hope the Celtics don't draft Gary Forbes at #30.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 12:33:02 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I know one player that worked out for us

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Alexis-Ajinca-534/

"He is going to be big-time," Turiaf said. "He has a body for a force and a defensive presence. Has a nose for blocking shots and is at the right place for his teammates as far as blocks, playing good defense, and help-side defense. And even when he's not blocking shots, he's going to bother stuff. He had a real good workout out in Boston. All I'm going to say is people are going to be very surprised. Nobody's talking about him right now.

Don't know when but he might be one of em

Saw this on DraftExpress a while ago
One of those is Alexis Ajinca, who may be working himself into that 12-14 range, based off the workouts he’s having.

One executive who recently watched him expressed shock at his combination of physical tools (7-1 in shoes, 240 pounds, with a near 7-7 wingspan), coordination and agility. “If he were in college, let’s say at Nevada instead of JaVale McGee, he would be a sure-fire top 10 pick,” the executive noted. “He’s bigger than McGee, and he’s also more skilled…with that length, he is going to be able to bother some people for sure” Ajinca is answering question marks about his toughness by not backing down from anyone he’s faced so far, particularly in an outstanding workout in Charlotte where he matched up with Jordan, McGee and Roy Hibbert. His experience playing against grown men all season long in the French league is certainly showing in workouts so far it seems.

If he's having superb workouts against guys who are definitely going first round in conjuction to his physical talents and resume .... he's going to moving up that draft by quite a lot. I don't see Ajinca falling as far down as Boston.

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 09:00:17 PM »

Offline carlherrera

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
If Ajinca is not available I hope Marreese Speights or Richard Hendrix (the real Leon Powe, just check his numbers) are there.
They will be better pros than some of the highly touted early picks like OJ Mayo and Eric Gordon.

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 09:31:32 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
If Ajinca isn't there I'm certainly not going to whine if we're able to take Jason Thompson. He can score, shoot, pass, rebound, and block shots. He's pretty skinny and isn't a great defender, but Ray and Paul weren't supposed to be good defenders either.

Him or JJ Hickson.