Author Topic: Chucked the TV, now how do I watch the Celtics?  (Read 9474 times)

Chucked the TV, now how do I watch the Celtics?
« on: January 04, 2012, 10:51:12 AM »

Offline Employee8

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
I'm making an effort to phase television out of my life, but I don't want the Celtics to go with it.  Is there a way to watch them online with a streaming video?  I looked at League Pass but it's 109 bucks per season and you can follow up to 5 teams.  I have time just for one, and that price is a bit of an overkill.  And I'm not sure if you need a TV for the League Pass package?

Does CSN or any other website offer the game online for a reasonable cost?

Re: Chucked the TV, now how do I watch the Celtics?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 10:54:12 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I'm making an effort to phase television out of my life, but I don't want the Celtics to go with it.  Is there a way to watch them online with a streaming video?  I looked at League Pass but it's 109 bucks per season and you can follow up to 5 teams.  I have time just for one, and that price is a bit of an overkill.  And I'm not sure if you need a TV for the League Pass package?

I've never heard of it, and I believe that league pass is the only way.

If individual teams offered their own streaming services, why would League Pass Online even exist?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 10:59:19 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

check your messages. I sent you something

What made you finally throw out your TV? I am thinking of doing the same.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 11:38:21 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Oooh that's gutsy throwing the TV out!

I am counting down the days that I wont need a tv service provider (cable, satalite etc), but I cant see myself giving up sports coverage and TV programming altogether!

Bravo!

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 11:45:22 AM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Are you in college by chance or you just can't afford a TV? <_< You can reply in a PM too, if you wish.

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 12:07:16 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
I too, would like to know how to watch the C's without my television!

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 12:14:21 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Got league pass for the first time.  It rocks !!

Too cold for me to live in Boston , so league pass it is. I Can be warm and still watch my favorite team. ;D

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 12:26:00 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I too, would like to know how to watch the C's without my television!

you've got mail

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 12:31:59 PM »

Offline Employee8

• Derrick White
Are you in college by chance or you just can't afford a TV? <_< You can reply in a PM too, if you wish.

Ah I can afford the TV and cable but I'm tired of how much it takes up my time.  The breaking point was yesterday when I realized that the television never, ever shuts up unless you turn it off.  Alas it is enjoying a new home at the local pawn shop.

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 12:33:44 PM »

Offline Employee8

• Derrick White

Too cold for me to live in Boston , so league pass it is. I Can be warm and still watch my favorite team. ;D

Do you need a TV for the League Pass or can you get it for the internet only, and is the minimum package really 109 bucks? (And what are your 5 teams you're following?  :D )

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 12:37:41 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584

My husband got me league pass for Christmas this year after I refused to renew it.  The early bird price $168 turned into $194 after taxes and charges were added in.  Now I am even angrier at the NBA....(I am perpetually angry with the neverending tax  situation anyway...  ;) .  However, having said that, I do like League Pass...I remember listening to the games on the radio with Johnny Most because they weren't televised.  ::)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 12:40:50 PM »

Offline sugar in my bowl

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 7
One of my only post ever but a LONG TIME CBlog reader:

The problem I've had is that you can't get League Pass unless you have a cable provider...even if you just want to watch games streamed online.

I've been stuck unable to watch my beloved Celtics because I can't figure out where to find the games streaming and I can't buy League Pass without cable (which is too much of an expense for my family right now). I live locally, so I can't watch Celts games unless I have cable. Is this correct?

I often read the game threads here on CelticsBlog to supplement radio but it just isn't close actually watching.

Help???

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 12:43:11 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I have some  ;) alternative ways but can't post them on this forum rule violation. Give me your email, and ill email them to anyone.

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 12:46:22 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
One of my only post ever but a LONG TIME CBlog reader:

The problem I've had is that you can't get League Pass unless you have a cable provider...even if you just want to watch games streamed online.

I've been stuck unable to watch my beloved Celtics because I can't figure out where to find the games streaming and I can't buy League Pass without cable (which is too much of an expense for my family right now). I live locally, so I can't watch Celts games unless I have cable. Is this correct?

I often read the game threads here on CelticsBlog to supplement radio but it just isn't close actually watching.

Help???

check your messages, I feel like santa today ;)

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 12:51:37 PM »

Offline jsingh1699

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
can you help me out as well? im a celtics fan living in ny who would love to watch all the games. thanks :)