Author Topic: Hawks (15-36) at Celtics (37-15) Game #53 2/2/18  (Read 20567 times)

Re: Hawks (15-36) at Celtics (37-15) Game #53 2/2/18
« Reply #255 on: February 02, 2018, 11:44:42 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
We're building the confidence of our bench, it can only pay dividends come playoff time.

Nice win.
Definitely
Because that's what we want in the playoffs, scrubs with confidence? :)

If Semi, Nader, and Allen are seeing major minutes in the playoffs, no amount of confidence can save us.
True, but that doesn't mean we don't want to develop those guys, if for no other reason as future assets.
These guys are 23, 24, and 25, respectively. There's very little development you should expect to see there. Sometimes, it's ok to just admit that scrub players are scrubs.

Sometimes it’s also okay to admit that you need guys to soak up minutes and not sweat it if they make a combined $2.6 million.
I'm fine with scrubs soaking up minutes. Just don't expect them to "develop" into "assets"...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #256 on: February 02, 2018, 11:53:21 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Does anybody understand a single thing the Indian guy and the British guy are saying in the advertisement where they discuss cricket? I'm almost positive they're discussing cricket.

Well I'm Indian myself but don't know what ad you're talking about lol  :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeFQBKIQhJ4

LOL I understand every part of this. Silly mid-on, wicketkeeper, sixers, all of it  ;D

Would YOU like an explanation?  ;)  :laugh:
I've been reading and I'm nervous.  Yeah, we should probably start a cricket thread I suppose

« Reply #257 on: February 02, 2018, 11:54:01 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
We're building the confidence of our bench, it can only pay dividends come playoff time.

Nice win.
Definitely
Because that's what we want in the playoffs, scrubs with confidence? :)

If Semi, Nader, and Allen are seeing major minutes in the playoffs, no amount of confidence can save us.
True, but that doesn't mean we don't want to develop those guys, if for no other reason as future assets.
These guys are 23, 24, and 25, respectively. There's very little development you should expect to see there. Sometimes, it's ok to just admit that scrub players are scrubs.

Sometimes it’s also okay to admit that you need guys to soak up minutes and not sweat it if they make a combined $2.6 million.
I'm fine with scrubs soaking up minutes. Just don't expect them to "develop" into "assets"...
I learned my lesson with RJ Hunter and James Young.

« Reply #258 on: February 03, 2018, 08:52:55 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
The two most interesting plays of the night.  Credit goes to Daniel Theis on the 1st one for tipping it out in heavy traffic to Rozier for the 3.  Love the way Theis is playing lately!

Second one was just a brain-fart by Prince to not look that the ball was still in play.  He assumed it sailed out of bounds and was gesturing angrily at Ilyasova about the the bad pass.  The ref actually kept the ball in play and saved them from a turnover, but it became a turnover anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_D-_fZMo7E

« Reply #259 on: February 03, 2018, 09:00:07 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
The two most interesting plays of the night.  Credit goes to Daniel Theis on the 1st one for tipping it out in heavy traffic to Rozier for the 3.  Love the way Theis is playing lately!

Second one was just a brain-fart by Prince to not look that the ball was still in play.  He assumed it sailed out of bounds and was gesturing angrily at Ilyasova about the the bad pass.  The ref actually kept the ball in play and saved them from a turnover, but it became a turnover anyway.

I love the way Theis plays every play of every game he never gives up. He also had a couple nice blocks last night as well.

On the second play it's like everybody including Brown had a brain fart EXCEPT Tatum who took it for the flush.

« Reply #260 on: February 03, 2018, 10:28:22 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Thought the best play of the night was the left handed bounce pass in transition down the court from Brown to Tatum who put in the layup. That pass is a 9 out of 10 difficulty pass that was made masterfully

« Reply #261 on: February 03, 2018, 10:29:11 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Tatum and Rozier had great games last night, and unfortunately for Jaylen, they overshadowed multiple positive steps forward in his game. He is still raw and figuring out how to stay engaged the whole game, but its because of rhythm, not effort or passion.

He had a great drive where he drew both his man and Horford's man into the paint, and then kicked it out to Horford for the wide open 3.

He had multiple quick passes that set up teammates for easy scores.

His drives looked much more creative. The drive to the right, hopestep left around the helpside, and finish the left hand was awesome! The no-look finish over his shoulder looked a bit like Kobe (except Kobe would have gotten that call).

Using the pick-and-roll, he had multiple pull-up 3s.

His defense on-ball was not great, although his positioning was pretty good the whole game.

« Reply #262 on: February 03, 2018, 11:07:42 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Tatum and Rozier had great games last night, and unfortunately for Jaylen, they overshadowed multiple positive steps forward in his game. He is still raw and figuring out how to stay engaged the whole game, but its because of rhythm, not effort or passion.

He had a great drive where he drew both his man and Horford's man into the paint, and then kicked it out to Horford for the wide open 3.

He had multiple quick passes that set up teammates for easy scores.

His drives looked much more creative. The drive to the right, hopestep left around the helpside, and finish the left hand was awesome! The no-look finish over his shoulder looked a bit like Kobe (except Kobe would have gotten that call).

Using the pick-and-roll, he had multiple pull-up 3s.

His defense on-ball was not great, although his positioning was pretty good the whole game.

I've been encouraged by his increased ability to create for others of late.  Important step for a guy with his athleticism.

« Reply #263 on: February 04, 2018, 08:10:56 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
one of the youngest rosters in the league

a team built for the future

that is ready to win now

C us rise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
LET'S GO CELTICS!