Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2023  (Read 125285 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2023
« Reply #2580 on: June 07, 2023, 11:11:01 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Jokic with a 30/20/10 tonight
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #2581 on: June 07, 2023, 11:20:21 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
And I thought the Heat would take a 2-1 lead coming back home. Guess they came back down to earth.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2582 on: June 08, 2023, 02:41:01 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
And I thought the Heat would take a 2-1 lead coming back home. Guess they came back down to earth.

Apparently they came out with "low energy". Heavens forbid! I thought only the Celtics were afflicted with this "low energy" malady  :angel:

MIAMI -- Heat star Jimmy Butler vowed to set a better tone for his team in the wake of Wednesday's 109-94 loss to the Denver Nuggets in Game 3 of the NBA Finals, acknowledging that Miami -- playing in its first Finals game in front of a home crowd in nine years -- needed to come out with more energy and effort, especially after getting outrebounded 58-33.

The Heat now trail the series 2-1.

"I don't know," Butler said, when asked why the energy is lacking. "I can't answer that. Maybe we're at home; we think we did something. I don't know. It just can't happen. It won't happen again. It starts with myself. I have to lock in on the defensive end. I have to go up and get loose balls. I think if I start playing and doing that, then everybody else has to follow suit."

"I just think sometimes, for us, when we lose a lot of those physical battles, the effort plays, the loose balls, the rebounding battles, that's our identity," Spoelstra said. "And sometimes, that can affect the flow of the rest of your game. That's not an excuse. I think the thing that we've proven over and over and over is we can win and find different ways to win regardless of whether we have confidence, regardless of whether the ball is going in.

"We have a determination to impact the game and find a different solution or different way to win a game regardless of whether the ball is going in. It felt like, at times, some of those missed shots at the rim or in the paint, the makeable shots that we've made the last several months or weeks, that affected a little bit of our, whatever, going down the other end. And that hasn't happened a lot."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37816521/jimmy-butler-critical-heat-low-energy-game-3-loss-just-happen
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #2583 on: June 08, 2023, 03:08:20 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Denver solved Miami last night. Series is over.

You don’t what Jokic to be a play maker? Fine. He’ll just take over the game offensively until you adjust to make him a playmaker again.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #2584 on: June 08, 2023, 04:18:09 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Jokic and Murray have a great 2-man game

Does Tatum and Brown have any? I need to see them both looking for each other next season.

« Reply #2585 on: June 08, 2023, 05:14:10 AM »

Online Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 262
  • International Superstar

I realise I'm just piling on with the victory lap because I've been a Jokic appreciator for a long time, but I am so happy the "you can't give him a third MVP he hasn't done anything in the playoffs" from certain spheres leading up to the end of the season is swiftly being dismantled.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #2586 on: June 08, 2023, 05:26:18 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Jokic best player in NBA, period!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2587 on: June 08, 2023, 05:30:49 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Is it just me or is it frustrating to watch Caleb martin look like an undrafted player again against Denver ..

« Reply #2588 on: June 08, 2023, 06:23:46 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

You don’t what Jokic to be a play maker? Fine. He’ll just take over the game offensively until you adjust to make him a playmaker again.

How many times in the past 4 playoffs did we "solve" Miami, only to have them extend or win the series? Spo is too good at adjustments for the team to get "solved"
I'm bitter.

« Reply #2589 on: June 08, 2023, 06:40:46 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

How many times in the past 4 playoffs did we "solve" Miami, only to have them extend or win the series? Spo is too good at adjustments for the team to get "solved"

I’m not bitter at all  ;)
I agree with you , this is one  scrappy bunch of players the Heat have .  I look for them to make next game very close or win.

« Reply #2590 on: June 08, 2023, 06:41:42 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Jokic and Murray have a great 2-man game

Does Tatum and Brown have any? I need to see them both looking for each other next season.

Won’t happen .

« Reply #2591 on: June 08, 2023, 07:24:05 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Jokic goes 32pts 20reb 10ast
J Murray goes 34pts 10ast 10reb

Both guys going with the 30+pts triple double.

« Reply #2592 on: June 08, 2023, 08:46:27 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I was thinking last night that Philly might have been the worst matchup out of the East for Denver.  The Celtics would have won some games and maybe been able to win because they are capable of doing that against anyone, but Embiid and Philly’s size would have been an interesting match up.
Yup

« Reply #2593 on: June 08, 2023, 08:48:29 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I realise I'm just piling on with the victory lap because I've been a Jokic appreciator for a long time, but I am so happy the "you can't give him a third MVP he hasn't done anything in the playoffs" from certain spheres leading up to the end of the season is swiftly being dismantled.

You can give him a Finals MVP.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2594 on: June 08, 2023, 08:52:18 AM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610

You can give him a Finals MVP.

Kernwek gives out the MVP awards?!?

I gotta post more and get on his good side!
MOBILIJA FOR CB MVP!!!