Author Topic: Wrong MindSet  (Read 3275 times)

Wrong MindSet
« on: May 23, 2008, 01:02:45 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Three Future Hall of Famers in their prime and the Celtics are still struggling. I was astonished to hear Paul, KG, and Doc saying that now "we have to win A game on the road" after game 2 loss to Detroit. Why stop at one? get two or even three road games. Why set your standards so slow? You are NOT the Memphis Grizzlies. Do you guys think that is the wrong mindset? We all know what happens when a team gets into the other teams head "Dallas Mavericks Vs Golden State"

« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 01:26:46 PM by Change »

Re: Wrong MindSet
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 01:05:03 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Good job taking things out of context.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 01:11:07 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
yea...not sure why you registared to post such an out of context comment...

he was asked what the need to do to win the series, and responded they needed to win one on the road.

i don't really get the point of this post...this reminds me of when someone posted a comment paul made after game 7 of the atlanta series to prove he had a bad attuited about the cavs series when it went to 2-2, out of context and not really supporting the post...
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 01:23:03 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I think you have the wrong mindset.  How are you going to talk about them winning 2 or 3 road games?  If Paul, KG and Doc came out and said man we got too win both games in Detroit and then if there is a game 6 we got to win that game too.  If they was to say that I would agree that would be the wrong mindset. Yes the goal is to win every game.  But the the goal right now is to win 1 road game and that is tomorrows game.

I took those comments to mean this way:  All we need is one road win. Once we get one road win the monkey is off our back and we can just play basketball and win more road games, but we have to get one before we even start talking about two or three.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 01:57:02 PM by CT34 »

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 01:26:37 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I think you have the wrong mindset.  How are you going to talk about them winning 2 or 3 road games?  If Paul, KG and Doc came out and said man we got two win both games in Detroit and then if there is a game 6 we got to win that too.  If they was to say that I would agree that would be the wron mindset. Yes the goal is to win every game.  But the the goal right not is to win 1 road game and that is tomorrows game.

I took those comments to mean this way:  All we need is one road win. Once we get one road win the monkey is off our back and we can just play basketball and win more road games, but we have to get one before we even start talking about two or three.

TP, i only saw paul saying this, but thats exactly the context it was in, he was asked what the needed to do to win the series, and he said "we need to win this road game"

the OP took it out of context, its not confident to go "yea, no big deal, were going to sweep them on the road" its aragoant and shows a lack of focus.

One game matters right now, and its saterday night.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 03:35:23 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
To win two or three, you need to win one first, right?  I mean, isn't that how it works?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 10:37:53 PM »

Offline Norcalceltic

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
I hate to say this, but it seems the Celtics value Home Court too much. To me there is no such thing as Home Court advantage. Teams that have no fear look forward to playing on the road and shutting up the crowd. I don't know if the Celtics look forward to playing on the road. Champions have the mentality of not caring where the game is played. Home, on the Road, on Mars, in your Momma's back yard, it does not matter.

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 10:44:07 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I disagree. A great crowd can change a game. But great players can quite a crowd.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 10:44:56 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I think their mindset all season long was to take it one game at a time.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 11:01:06 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
give mea t
give me a r
give me an  o
ok ok i will try to be civil... ::)
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!