Author Topic: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally / "optimism only" thread  (Read 608168 times)

Re: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally thread
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2010, 09:29:38 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I merged this "feel good" thread with the other one.  The first one never took off, but this thread can serve as a "pep rally" type of thread.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally / "optimism only" thread
« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2010, 09:35:22 AM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
I think the Celtics are resting and snookering the rest of the league into thinking they are bad on purpose

This way they get low in the standing, still get the 4th seed no matter what and then flip the switch and win it all

Look at it this way

They go 6-13 for the rest of the season

Secure the 18th pick in the draft

Then go nuts in the playoffs winning it all

A perfect season!!!!

A banner AND a pick at number 18!!!

Anything in the top 20 will nab the Celtics a future rotational player and possible future starter in this years very very deep draft
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2010, 09:41:31 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I think the Celtics are resting and snookering the rest of the league into thinking they are bad on purpose

This way they get low in the standing, still get the 4th seed no matter what and then flip the switch and win it all

Look at it this way

They go 6-13 for the rest of the season

Secure the 18th pick in the draft

Then go nuts in the playoffs winning it all

A perfect season!!!!

A banner AND a pick at number 18!!!

Anything in the top 20 will nab the Celtics a future rotational player and possible future starter in this years very very deep draft

Tommy Point.

PLamb You are thinking like Red would with this post...this does not seem that far-fetched at all, lol..this is certainly in the realm of Possibility.

« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2010, 04:13:51 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I merged this "feel good" thread with the other one.  The first one never took off, but this thread can serve as a "pep rally" type of thread.

So we can't have more than one "optimism" thread? There are certainly more than one "gloom and doom" threads, (and I thought this other was confined to the Celts/Atlanta game) ... ah, well ... I tried. As my Grandfather used to tell me: "Sunlight can peep through a wee hole", (though I always wondered about the "wee hole" part). ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2010, 04:32:26 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
All is well

Yup

« Reply #155 on: March 12, 2010, 03:31:06 AM »

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

So we can't have more than one "optimism" thread? There are certainly more than one "gloom and doom" threads, (and I thought this other was confined to the Celts/Atlanta game) ... ah, well ... I tried. As my Grandfather used to tell me: "Sunlight can peep through a wee hole", (though I always wondered about the "wee hole" part). ;)

I am an optimist. But to be equal and democratic, a Haterzzz thread must be stickied too, otherwise CelticsBlog is saying the pessimistic fans are not worth the same as optimists  ;)

« Reply #156 on: March 12, 2010, 04:40:39 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I am an optimist. But to be equal and democratic, a Haterzzz thread must be stickied too, otherwise CelticsBlog is saying the pessimistic fans are not worth the same as optimists  ;)

Well, that's entirely up to the pessimists. The reason I started this thread is that the majority of the threads that I see, (trade threads, what's wrong with this guy or that guy, this team is terrible, Doc has got to go, next year will be ugly, etc.), are already pessimistic. I could go through the boards and list them all, but I don't think that's necessary ... just skim them yourself and you'll get the idea.

If the pessimists aren't satisfied with the flood of negative threads that already exist, and they want another thread specifically dedicated to complaining about the team, voicing their unhappiness and just plain being as grumpy as is humanly possible for the sake of venting, (which, I'll admit, we all need to do on some level from time-to-time), then they are certainly entitled to do so.

But I also don't think it's our responsibility to do it for them. If the existance of such a "purely pessimistic" thread would make you feel better about this one and the whole "balance" of equality here, please feel free too start one for them ... the only problem with that would be that they might thank you or even give you a TP or two, and that in itself would be forcing them to travel out of the realm of the negative, and we don't want to be responsible for such injustices. ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2010, 05:25:29 AM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1

Well, that's entirely up to the pessimists. The reason I started this thread is that the majority of the threads that I see, (trade threads, what's wrong with this guy or that guy, this team is terrible, Doc has got to go, next year will be ugly, etc.), are already pessimistic. I could go through the boards and list them all, but I don't think that's necessary ... just skim them yourself and you'll get the idea.

If the pessimists aren't satisfied with the flood of negative threads that already exist, and they want another thread specifically dedicated to complaining about the team, voicing their unhappiness and just plain being as grumpy as is humanly possible for the sake of venting, (which, I'll admit, we all need to do on some level from time-to-time), then they are certainly entitled to do so.

But I also don't think it's our responsibility to do it for them. If the existance of such a "purely pessimistic" thread would make you feel better about this one and the whole "balance" of equality here, please feel free too start one for them ... the only problem with that would be that they might thank you or even give you a TP or two, and that in itself would be forcing them to travel out of the realm of the negative, and we don't want to be responsible for such injustices. ;)
Here here, well said TP

And it was this type of frustration with the awful negativity in the game threads by some very vocal people that lead me to want to start a second game thread

All to often it is the voice that is less positive that is the loudest, not just here but in general

A place for positivity and optimism to be heard is a positive optimistic thing
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2010, 07:57:12 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Not enough time to read all so I hope this hasn't been used already.
Anyone remember the Islanders , probably early 80's.  Aging championship team, mike bossy, bryan trottier etc.  They coasted through the regular season getting into the playoffs but looking like they were done.  The team turned it up come playoffs and won another stanley cup.
sound familiar?  8)

« Reply #159 on: March 12, 2010, 11:40:21 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Here here, well said TP

And it was this type of frustration with the awful negativity in the game threads by some very vocal people that lead me to want to start a second game thread

All to often it is the voice that is less positive that is the loudest, not just here but in general

A place for positivity and optimism to be heard is a positive optimistic thing

And a TP back atcha ... I think I'll TP (and quote) this at least once a day for the sake of not letting your original intent get lost in the deluge of negativity that abounds of late. What's being said here can not possibly be said too much, though I'll do my best to attempt it. ;)

Oh ... and a TP to 2Short as well ... a perfect example of ultimate optimism on a team scale. Well done!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #160 on: March 12, 2010, 11:43:22 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Every loss builds character.

We are now reaching maximum density in character so we will no longer be in the business of losing.

« Reply #161 on: March 12, 2010, 12:09:34 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Every loss builds character.

We are now reaching maximum density in character so we will no longer be in the business of losing.

Eloquently stated by one of my absolute favorite new additions to the CB family ... GreenBean! (TP - and more to come!)

But sadly, we'll never reach the character level of the New Jersey Nets. ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #162 on: March 12, 2010, 07:40:18 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

"It's game time!"

* BAHKU MUSIC *