Author Topic: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally / "optimism only" thread  (Read 607926 times)

Re: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally / "optimism only" thread
« Reply #645 on: March 10, 2016, 03:28:07 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
2016 Championship + Ben Simmons in the draft + Durant/Horford in 2016 free agency + Steph Curry in 2017 free agency.   

Could all happen.   2016 championship being the least likely.
No, that's less likely.
Not if the other 3 things happen first.   Curry is an unrestricted free agent in 2017.  I fully expect him to consider joining the back-to-back championship Celtics.   Durant, Horford, Simmons, Thomas, Crowder, etc are a formidable unit to join with.
But that would mean the 2016 championship already happened. So if Curry signing with us hangs on us winning the 2016 championship, it would mean that is less likely because there would still be a strong chance he resigns with GS.

2016 Championship Confirmed.
TP for the T&E

The universe.... What a concept
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #646 on: March 10, 2016, 03:42:12 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I really don't know what to expect from this team in the playoffs until they get there.

Same. Unfortunately I would not be shocked if it's not that different from last year, past the first round, even though I am really impressed with the team this year.  We will have to see how much the team can step up to help out IT so he isn't carrying it all.

The Bulls, Pacers, and Hawks all scare me.  More playoff experience, strong interior play.  I think they can play at another level. 

The Hornets, I think, would be an easier first round opponent for the Celts, though they might win one or two in Charlotte.

Toronto would be a really interesting second round matchup.  They have a longer track record of winning 48-50 wins, but no playoff series wins to show for it.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #647 on: March 11, 2016, 02:44:14 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text

I really don't know what to expect from this team in the playoffs until they get there.

Same. Unfortunately I would not be shocked if it's not that different from last year, past the first round, even though I am really impressed with the team this year.  We will have to see how much the team can step up to help out IT so he isn't carrying it all.

The Bulls, Pacers, and Hawks all scare me.  More playoff experience, strong interior play.  I think they can play at another level. 

The Hornets, I think, would be an easier first round opponent for the Celts, though they might win one or two in Charlotte.

Toronto would be a really interesting second round matchup.  They have a longer track record of winning 48-50 wins, but no playoff series wins to show for it.

Assuming they don't chokde their way out for the first round again :)
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #648 on: March 12, 2016, 07:59:38 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

That would be really interesting.  Could that lead to the team being blown up?  Dwayne Casey fired, Derozan goes elsewhere, Valanciunas traded?

It wouldn't shock me if they lost to Atlanta or Indiana in the first round.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #649 on: March 13, 2016, 10:17:50 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

That would be really interesting.  Could that lead to the team being blown up?  Dwayne Casey fired, Derozan goes elsewhere, Valanciunas traded?

It wouldn't shock me if they lost to Atlanta or Indiana in the first round.

They did have a glorious first round last season

« Reply #650 on: March 19, 2016, 11:45:36 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
Losing streak not so bad: 6th seed is the same as 3rd in terms of schedule and we get a higher draft pick ;D

« Reply #651 on: March 19, 2016, 12:10:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Ah ......the feel good thread

Free adult beveridges.

James Brown used to feel good ..... Not so much now .  :)

« Reply #652 on: March 19, 2016, 01:21:29 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
Ah ......the feel good thread

Free adult beveridges.

James Brown used to feel good ..... Not so much now .  :)

Someone called me?

« Reply #653 on: March 24, 2016, 09:58:39 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
The Celtics defense was the best I've seen it since the all star break last night.

The bigs got level with the screen (every time but once) defending every pick and roll. When the bigs don't come out far enough it's easy for a guard to get a head of steam and get to the bucket.

Last night was a win against a playoff team. More importantly, it was a defensive slower paced game. This season the Celtics have struggled anytime they can not turn the ball over and push the pace on offense. This was a game we pulled out despite it being the opposite of how the team normally succeeds.

If we continue playing defense like this, we will finish the season 8-2 and end up with a 3 seed in the east. I was very impressed with the Celtics last night.

Not to mention Amir is playing great, Rozier is showing signs and there is a chance we get two lottery picks.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:09:45 AM by Evantime34 »
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #654 on: March 24, 2016, 10:19:23 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
The Celtics defense was the best I've seen it since the all star break last night.

The bigs got level with the screen (every time but once) defending every pick and roll. When the bigs don't come out far enough it's easy for a guard to get a head of steam and get to the bucket.

Last night was a win against a playoff team. More importantly, it was a defensive slower paced game. This season the Celtics have struggled anytime they can not turn the ball over and push the pace on offense. This was a game we pulled out despite it being the opposite of how the team normally succeeds.

If we continue playing defense like this, we will finish the season 8-2 and end up with a 3 seed in the east. I was very impressed with the Celtics last night.

Not to mention Amir is playing great, Rozier is showing signs and there is a chance we get two lottery picks.

If we keep that up AND get get Crowder back, we'll be in great shape
I'm bitter.

« Reply #655 on: March 24, 2016, 10:53:13 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

They did look a lot better last night.

That said, the Raps were missing their MVP.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #656 on: March 24, 2016, 10:56:12 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

They did look a lot better last night.

That said, the Raps were missing their MVP.

One could make the argument that so were we, at least on the defensive end. 

« Reply #657 on: March 24, 2016, 11:16:28 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Amir Johnson has been looking good the last couple of games, with back-to-back double-doubles, and also back-to-back games playing 30+ mins, something that hasn't happened all season.  To me, it looks like he's running the floor better too.

The last 2 games, at 34 and 33 minutes played, are the most minutes Johnson has played in any of his 69 games so far this season, other than a 36 minute game back in early November.  He's averaging 11ppg, 12.5rpg, 3.5apg, 2.5bpg, while shooting 83% over this 2 game stretch.

I believe I heard Tommy and Mike say during either the Orl or Tor game, that Amir has told them that this is the first time all season he feels completely healed from his plantar fasciitis.

If that's really the case, it would be great to see a lot of 30+ minute games with similar numbers from him going forward.  He's averaging less than 23mpg for the season, maybe the plantar fasciitis was holding him back.

Only 2 games, I know, but since this is the "feel good" / pep rally  / "optimism only" thread, I feel safe posting this here  :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 11:51:13 AM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #658 on: March 24, 2016, 11:29:29 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Amir Johnson has been looking good the last couple of games, with back-to-back double-doubles, and also back-to-back games playing 30+ mins, something that hasn't happened all season.  To me, it looks like he's running the floor better too.

The last 2 games, at 34 and 33 minutes played, are the most minutes Johnson has played in any of his 69 games so far this season, other than a 36 minute game back in early November.  He's averaging 11ppg, 12.5rpg, 3.5apg, 2.5bpg, while shooting 83% over this 2 game stretch.

I believe I heard Tommy and Mike say during either the Orl or Tor game, that Amir has told them that this is the first time all season he feels completely healed from his plantar fasciitis.

If that's really the case, it would be great to see a lot of 30+ minute game with similar numbers from him going forward.  He's averaging less than 23mpg for the season, maybe the plantar fasciitis was holding him back.

Only 2 games, I know, but since this is the "feel good" / pep rally  / "optimism only" thread, I feel safe posting this here  :)
TP!

Glad that there is a group on here that doesn't constantly think the sky is falling.

If Amir can play 30 minutes a game, the rest of the season and in the playoffs it will help us a ton.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #659 on: March 27, 2016, 04:53:18 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
We've got 2 top-25 3p shooters  8)

http://tinyurl.com/gtzaocw