Author Topic: Blazers (14-6) at Celtics (18-2) 12/5  (Read 29468 times)

Re: Blazers (14-6) at Celtics (18-2) 12/5
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2008, 11:08:35 PM »

Offline thecaptain34

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
Is there something going on in Pauls personal life or something, cause he looked and sounded depressed in post game...and his confidence on the court has been somewhat lacking which is extremly rare for him...Maybe he's just upset about his play, but he usually doesnt let that bother him... I dont know maybe its just me

« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2008, 11:11:21 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Its so unfortunet that Glen Davis had to take center stage today on national television, it should have been a great showing against a very well playing Blazer team, it should have been a look at what could have been with Oden but it ended up being a blowout no one will remember the result of but what Glen did today will be talked about for a long time.

Its a interresting mix of different things that happend, Glen acted out of charecter tonight but he rightfully earned his nickname as the ESPN commentators pointed out live.

What should be talked about aswell is the handeling of the issue by ESPN as i believe they stepped well over the line when they started showing closeup shots of Glen crying with a towel over his head well after the sitiaution had settled, allthough Glen acted wrongly i dont think he diserved what ESPN gave him.

This also shows the delicate ballance of Garnett’s effect on a team, allready early in the 3rd qtr when the bench was playing you saw Garnett sitting on the bench allmost taunting the players on the court making gestures as if they were stupid (pointing his index finger to his head, while having eye contact with someone on the court) we saw the downside to Garnett’s intensity tonight and one of the downsides of Doc’s coaching style aswell as Garnett’ didnt have the right mindset to handle that huddle and Doc should have kept Garnett away from it.

Charecter is built though adversity and Glen Davis’ is going to be hit by a sh*tstorm of adversity in the coming weeks both from the team and most certenly by the new england media and most likely national media aswell.

I dont think anything good will come out of this sitiuation, we need Glen active and this cannot have a positive effect on his play going forward, i will pray tonight that Glen pulls though and handles him self with as much composure and class as Garnett did in the ESPN post game interview.. because he will need it and the team will need it.
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2008, 11:16:12 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Is there something going on in Pauls personal life or something, cause he looked and sounded depressed in post game...and his confidence on the court has been somewhat lacking which is extremly rare for him...Maybe he's just upset about his play, but he usually doesnt let that bother him... I dont know maybe its just me

maybe he's got plaxico burress on his fantasy football team?
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2008, 11:16:29 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
On a more game related note, i am aswell concerned about the issue with Paul Pierce, it pains me to see my captain in trouble and two games in a row he hsnt looked like him self.

Blazers actualy looked leaderless at some points tonight, i would not have thought that to be the case as Brandon Roy has gotten so many pads on his back as being a natural leader on the floor that gets his team mates respect by earning it, honnestly i didnt see that tonight when sh*t hit the fan.

And i think the game also shows the value of Tony Allen, he would have had an imidiate impact in the 3rd/4th qtr on both ends tonight (thats my belief) but it would not have changed the fact that the bench would have looked poor in contrast to the Blazer bench and thats concerning when you think about a possible Laker/Celtics matup again comming in april as the Laker bench has been off the wall so far.
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2008, 11:18:46 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Personally I think the Lakers bench is overhyped.

« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2008, 11:22:50 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
Personally I think the Lakers bench is overhyped.

i have mixed feelings on your comment...fact is, they can bring odom off the bench, and that's a HUGE benefit for them.

we still need to replace posey, it's that plain and simple...i believe that rondo's improvement makes us a much better team, but our bench is not as good this season - and the lakers' bench is.

« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2008, 11:33:30 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I should clarify, Odom is a great 6th man and Ariza is a nuce defensive wing but the media has a tendency to make it sound like its a bench of superstars. Farmer has never impressed me nor has Sasha and their back-up center is Chris Mihm. I actually think Portland has a much better bench. However I share your concern about our bench.

« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2008, 11:36:39 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

maybe he's got plaxico burress on his fantasy football team?

;D nice TP
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2008, 11:37:47 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Its so unfortunet that Glen Davis had to take center stage today on national television, it should have been a great showing against a very well playing Blazer team, it should have been a look at what could have been with Oden but it ended up being a blowout no one will remember the result of but what Glen did today will be talked about for a long time.

Its a interresting mix of different things that happend, Glen acted out of charecter tonight but he rightfully earned his nickname as the ESPN commentators pointed out live.

What should be talked about aswell is the handeling of the issue by ESPN as i believe they stepped well over the line when they started showing closeup shots of Glen crying with a towel over his head well after the sitiaution had settled, allthough Glen acted wrongly i dont think he diserved what ESPN gave him.

This also shows the delicate ballance of Garnett’s effect on a team, allready early in the 3rd qtr when the bench was playing you saw Garnett sitting on the bench allmost taunting the players on the court making gestures as if they were stupid (pointing his index finger to his head, while having eye contact with someone on the court) we saw the downside to Garnett’s intensity tonight and one of the downsides of Doc’s coaching style aswell as Garnett’ didnt have the right mindset to handle that huddle and Doc should have kept Garnett away from it.

Charecter is built though adversity and Glen Davis’ is going to be hit by a sh*tstorm of adversity in the coming weeks both from the team and most certenly by the new england media and most likely national media aswell.

I dont think anything good will come out of this sitiuation, we need Glen active and this cannot have a positive effect on his play going forward, i will pray tonight that Glen pulls though and handles him self with as much composure and class as Garnett did in the ESPN post game interview.. because he will need it and the team will need it.

On a more game related note, i am aswell concerned about the issue with Paul Pierce, it pains me to see my captain in trouble and two games in a row he hsnt looked like him self.

Blazers actualy looked leaderless at some points tonight, i would not have thought that to be the case as Brandon Roy has gotten so many pads on his back as being a natural leader on the floor that gets his team mates respect by earning it, honnestly i didnt see that tonight when sh*t hit the fan.

And i think the game also shows the value of Tony Allen, he would have had an imidiate impact in the 3rd/4th qtr on both ends tonight (thats my belief) but it would not have changed the fact that the bench would have looked poor in contrast to the Blazer bench and thats concerning when you think about a possible Laker/Celtics matup again comming in april as the Laker bench has been off the wall so far.

Tonight, we faced one of the hottest teams in the west, and we blew them out. We're 19-2.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2008, 11:39:07 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
i DVR'd the game and it's like breaking up and being all choppy, i'm about to lose control...  >:( >:( >:(

« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2008, 11:49:27 PM »

Offline blueygreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49
Wow wow wow.

That's the first C's game I've seen in a while and I must say I'm impressed.

I thought when the C's were on late in the second and early in the third they were unstoppable. The sheer power of our D and O was literally sucking the life out of Portland. They looked like they just wanted to go home. Rondo almost managed another triple double and played amazingly. It was good to see Perk do so well too (though he missed a few easy passes, but I was very happy with him).

That said, was anybody else a bit disgusted with the way the commentators spoke of the best 2 guards in the game and yet they didn't even put Ray Allen in the conversation? I'm not saying he's the best at this stage or anything; but if you can have Joe Johnson, I think Ray Allen still deserves to be in contention.

Speaking of SG's, I was very impressed with Brandon Roy. Though he had an off night he still looked absolutely lethal; and both Paul and Ray really seemed to have trouble staying in front of him.

Bayless played very courageously in his limited minutes and I like the look of him. Didn't back down to the C's at all and hit a few nice shots. Przybilla is really one of those really annoying players that you'd just kill to have on your team, I think he will be a very good influence on Oden. Outlaw is terrible. He is the closest thing Portland has to a black hole on offense and he just jacks up all manner of terrible shots; the kind your teammates don't want to fall as it will only encourage him to shoot it again.

« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2008, 11:54:45 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
Tonight, we faced one of the hottest teams in the west, and we blew them out. We're 19-2.

I am well aware of that fact and thank you for pointing it out to me, still dosnt have lickity split to do with anything i wrote.
If you want to take the W for what it was then thats on you but i think this game showed signs of things the team has to work on both on and off the court to secure another championship and the fact this became a blowout was as much the Blazers fault as it was our team defense, the Blazers needet Brandon Roy' to step up during the 3rd and lead his team but he didnt, instead it ended up being allmost pure ISO's for 8-9 minutes

- Larry Bird

« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2008, 11:56:02 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Why do you have a problem with what KG was doing? The starters had worked hard all game building up a big lead, and they were absolutely dominating the game. Because of the poor play of the bench, a dejected Blazers squad managed to climb back in the game with all of their scrubs on the floor. This was unacceptable, and KG let the bench know it. It may have been ill-advised for Doc to insert POB into the game when he did, but even so the onus was on POB to prove that he belonged in the game. The rest of the bench had a responsibility to play hard and play intelligently, as well, and they didn't do either tonight. What makes KG great is that he's always turned on. So it's understandable that when he sees Portland let back into the game because of a bunch of unnecessary mental mistakes, he's going to be upset.

KG was not taunting anyone. He pointed his pinger to his head not to say "you're stupid," but to say "that was a stupid mistake, you're better than that."

As the leader of the team, it's KG's job to rally the troops in the huddle. Doc has no reason to prevent KG from talking to his teammates. They showed KG's demeanor in the huddle over and over again on ESPN. He was not verbally lashing anyone, and seemed to be just speaking in his normal intense manner.
Everyone else on the team was listening intently to KG. Big Baby sulked on the end of the bench. I like Davis, and I hope he bounces back from this, but I'm not going to blame this on Kevin Garnett, the team's emotional leader.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2008, 12:03:06 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
tonight's game showed why the celtics are light years ahead of the trailblazers...I take nothing away from portland's great start.

but when that game got out of hand they NEEDED a KG to get in their face...brandon roy's just not there yet to be able to do that.

there was a time late in the game when it was only 13 points with about 2 and a half minutes left...one of the trailblazer's threw an ill-advised alley-oop pass - i said to my son, "what a stupid, stupid play...terrible time to throw that pass because there's still time left for portland."

that's the moment you need a KG or Ray or Pierce on your team and portland doesn't have that player. 

« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2008, 12:08:00 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie

I'm with Dybdal on this. (TP, by the way.) There's meaningful difference between holding teammates accountable and showing them up. It's a line that Bryant and James frequently cross, and I'm not going to defend Garnett when he falls into that.