Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 344351 times)

Re: Anthony Davis Trade Thread (Merged Threads)
« Reply #345 on: December 16, 2018, 11:52:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Brown and Horford.

Although is there a way Horford takes a Duncan like deal in the near future? I like Roy’s idea of Tatum + 4 picks + filler. Except instead of Tatum, I’d trade Brown+ Rozier.

Me too. We can afford to lose Rozier, Brown, Horford and a couple of picks. But if New Orleans insists on Tatum, then we shouldn't just automatically include all those picks and Williams. We have to be careful to not bid against ourselves.

Which team can offer a player like Tatum + a bunch of picks and still leave a squad behind that's good enough to convince Davis to resign with them?
Horford could threaten to simply opt out of his contract if Danny tries to trade him. Horford won't be traded because of this.
A trade for AD that doesn't involve Kyrie can't happen before free agency.  Horford will have to decide on picking up his player option before free agency.
Exactly. If there is to be a trade, it needs to be agreed upon before the draft and Horford has until the end of June to opt in for next year. Therefore he will know about the trade before he opts out and if he doesn't want to go to New Orleans, he simply states if a trade will be agreed upon he opts out and there is no trade.

And if Ainge tries to pull one over on Horford and tries to trick Horford into opting in then trading him, Ainge will lose all credibility as a GM and not one player or agent will ever want to play for him again. Horford has all the power here.

« Reply #346 on: December 17, 2018, 05:46:46 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552
Brown and Horford.

Although is there a way Horford takes a Duncan like deal in the near future? I like Roy’s idea of Tatum + 4 picks + filler. Except instead of Tatum, I’d trade Brown+ Rozier.

Me too. We can afford to lose Rozier, Brown, Horford and a couple of picks. But if New Orleans insists on Tatum, then we shouldn't just automatically include all those picks and Williams. We have to be careful to not bid against ourselves.

Which team can offer a player like Tatum + a bunch of picks and still leave a squad behind that's good enough to convince Davis to resign with them?
Horford could threaten to simply opt out of his contract if Danny tries to trade him. Horford won't be traded because of this.
A trade for AD that doesn't involve Kyrie can't happen before free agency.  Horford will have to decide on picking up his player option before free agency.
Exactly. If there is to be a trade, it needs to be agreed upon before the draft and Horford has until the end of June to opt in for next year. Therefore he will know about the trade before he opts out and if he doesn't want to go to New Orleans, he simply states if a trade will be agreed upon he opts out and there is no trade.

And if Ainge tries to pull one over on Horford and tries to trick Horford into opting in then trading him, Ainge will lose all credibility as a GM and not one player or agent will ever want to play for him again. Horford has all the power here.
That depends on when Horford's opt out date is which I haven't been able to find on-line.  I did see where both AD and Horford have 15% trade kickers.  It also depends on the Pels being realistic if AD demands a trade.  The TWolves should have traded Butler at the draft but they foolishly waited until the regular season.   

« Reply #347 on: December 17, 2018, 06:39:24 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Brown and Horford.

That depends on when Horford's opt out date is which I haven't been able to find on-line.  I did see where both AD and Horford have 15% trade kickers.  It also depends on the Pels being realistic if AD demands a trade.  The TWolves should have traded Butler at the draft but they foolishly waited until the regular season.   
Most opt out dates are the last business day of June, I believe, and always after the draft but before free agency

« Reply #348 on: December 17, 2018, 07:02:51 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
WOW  you are so stingy.

I like our guys.

« Reply #349 on: December 17, 2018, 07:03:49 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
everything!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #350 on: December 21, 2018, 05:40:52 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Does it matter what you are willing to give up for Davis if the Pels are dead set against moving him?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25589134/pelicans-trade-anthony-davis-circumstance-alvin-gentry-says

Would the Pels even think of trading Davis to the Lakers when the Pels think LeBron and the Lakers are tampering?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25587459/small-market-gms-upset-lebron-james-pitch-anthony-davis

« Reply #351 on: December 21, 2018, 06:03:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Does it matter what you are willing to give up for Davis if the Pels are dead set against moving him?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25589134/pelicans-trade-anthony-davis-circumstance-alvin-gentry-says

Would the Pels even think of trading Davis to the Lakers when the Pels think LeBron and the Lakers are tampering?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25587459/small-market-gms-upset-lebron-james-pitch-anthony-davis

lol....kinda the Boogie thing all over ....Kings waited and waited and waited ....till it wasn't so important anymore .  Even less now .   NO won't trade him till HE tells them or announces he is moving the another city.

« Reply #352 on: December 26, 2018, 05:48:33 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 In Davis, Mirotic, Etwaun Moore, Solomon Hill

Out Horford, Hayward, Brown, Rozier

Please give your thoughts if we need to give any pics here. I think 1.

If we can roll with

Davis
 Morris
 Tatum
 Smart
 Irving

That's a title 5 and we can figure out the bench next year hopefully with draft picks.

This makes The Pelicans good right now. You wanna sell tickets and make money. Win Games.

Your adding 4 high level players to play with Jrue and Randle among others. That's a good

« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 06:17:42 PM by KG Living Legend »

« Reply #353 on: December 26, 2018, 05:54:50 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
We can't trade for Davis until next summer unless Kyrie is headed elsewhere in the deal (in which case, why bother?).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #354 on: December 26, 2018, 06:29:37 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
We can't trade for Davis until next summer unless Kyrie is headed elsewhere in the deal (in which case, why bother?).

Which is a ridiculously lame rule. Can you fix that Silver. Like now. If we lose Davis to this rule. Not a happy Celtic fan.

« Reply #355 on: December 26, 2018, 06:41:11 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Which is a ridiculously lame rule. Can you fix that Silver. Like now. If we lose Davis to this rule. Not a happy Celtic fan.

why would they change this and hurt the Lakers?

« Reply #356 on: December 26, 2018, 06:54:49 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

It’s unlikely they’re going to trade Davis during the season anyway. Calm down.

« Reply #357 on: December 26, 2018, 06:59:10 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Well you were correct that this was a 'wild,' proposal.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #358 on: December 26, 2018, 07:17:31 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I can't believe folks do not know this by now.

« Reply #359 on: December 26, 2018, 07:32:36 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I can't believe folks do not know this by now.

Dont worry we will see another one tomorrow.  :angel:
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different