Author Topic: McDyess may leave Detroit  (Read 3870 times)

McDyess may leave Detroit
« on: April 27, 2009, 04:42:40 PM »

Offline rondo987

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
heres the link...

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/58803/20090427/mcdyess_may_leave_detroit_because_of_rebuilding/

I know Danny was thinking about signing him a few years back. I would love to have him in green, and he would make a GREAT backup option off the bench, like the role PJ Brown played last season (which is also a role that is horribly portrayed by our man Mr. Moore this season).

I think the chances are pretty good.
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, and some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."

-Paul Pierce-

Re: McDyess may leave Detroit
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 04:48:43 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
heres the link...

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/58803/20090427/mcdyess_may_leave_detroit_because_of_rebuilding/

I know Danny was thinking about signing him a few years back. I would love to have him in green, and he would make a GREAT backup option off the bench, like the role PJ Brown played last season (which is also a role that is horribly portrayed by our man Mr. Moore this season).

I think the chances are pretty good.

yep, would like him in green as well...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 04:53:30 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
He must feel like a real idiot accepting the buyout to lose money and end up swept in the playoffs. He should have stayed in Denver.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 04:58:49 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Yes, the Celtics should sign McDyess, he would be a huge asset to the bench. Plus, this season he didn't want to come to Boston because he was still faithful to Detroit but with the way the things ended there, and considering that Detroit won't contend for a championship next year (contrary to Boston) I think he'll really consider signing with the Celtics.

McDyess is a great player, hard worker, and he brings his passion for the game every night, I'd really like to see him in green!

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 05:09:33 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Bigs:  Perkins, Garnett, McDyess, Baby, Hansborough (via Danny magic), Powe (1 year of rehab)

Mediums:  Pierce, Walker, Giddens, Scal

Smalls:  Ray Allen, Rondo, House, Pruitt

With Bigs like that, we might not need a Bo Outlaw type after all.  Though I'd still love a Bo Outlaw type to come walking through that door....

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 05:13:54 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
My ideal off season would be Hill and McDyess for the minimum.

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 05:25:04 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
McDyess would be amazing on our bench! ...and more realistic than Sheed.
I really think this summer will have a lot of nice options... MUCH better than the crappy crop of 2008.

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 05:29:39 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
My ideal off season would be Hill and McDyess for the minimum.

+1

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 05:49:08 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Next year may be the last year free agents look at us as a viable destination to try and win a championship.  Whatever we do, we need to go after reliable guys to fill our needs.  Not like this year when we went and signed crap. 

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 05:51:29 PM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
We have been short on bigs all season.  A team needs at least 6, as Wiley's post reflects.  We have never had more than 5 on our roster.

If McDyess is too pricey (we'll be paying a dollar-for-dollar luxury tax, too), maybe we could get Rasho Nesterovic.  He's a UFA who has enough beef to play C, who can defend the post, and who can knock down a face-up shot.
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 05:58:41 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
We have been short on bigs all season.  A team needs at least 6, as Wiley's post reflects.  We have never had more than 5 on our roster.
Garnett -- Perkins -- Powe -- Davis -- Scalabrine -- Moore/O'Bryant

That sixth big man was very weak for the first 2/3rds of the season ... but there's enough depth there.

The team is just carrying too many injuries -- team's cant protect themselves from the injuries Boston are suffering from.

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 06:00:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
He must feel like a real idiot accepting the buyout to lose money and end up swept in the playoffs. He should have stayed in Denver.
I'm still amazed by how McDyess and Denver treated that situation. Denver should have refused, waited, and tried to convince him to stay. After another month of success, I think they would have stood a great chance of hanging onto him. As for McDyess, I don't know what the heck he was thinking.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 06:06:47 PM by Who »

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 06:02:52 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I'd rather pay Antonio McDyess than Glen Davis. Dice would be a great sixth man and complement to both Garnett + Perkins.

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 06:05:41 PM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
No brainer! Love to have him in green.

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 06:07:21 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Dice is a solid 6th man...many many Motown fans didnt like him.."no post play"..."to many fade away shots"...yada yada

in Boston he would be a "part" of the puzzle thats missin

he has 2 good years left..

dont bite~