Author Topic: How Paul Pierce can get back on track  (Read 4295 times)

Re: How Paul Pierce can get back on track
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 05:08:09 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
an offseason of rest...he is out of gas

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 05:28:33 PM »

Offline chicagogreen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 30
I am starting to think Hienrich is one of the best wing defenders I have ever seen.  He is taking PP out of the high/post, foul line game that the whole C's offense revolves around. And he has no business pulling that off.  Living in Chicago, I have watched this guy gaurd all the big wings, McGrady, Tmac, etc.  No reason he should be able to do this and he does.  Also, this same guy that manages the size issue, stays tough and gaurds pp and can also gaurd Ray Allen and Rojon Rondo. The guy that can gaurd pp should not be able to gaurd RR. Who else can do that, Kobe, maybe?  Wade, maybe.  This guy is killing us.  He is on every stipped ball in the lane, he helps all over the place.  Heinrich is the reason this series is not over yet.

My suggestion, and I know they don't want to do this because PP has so many options and is so hard to double from the foul line, my suggestion is put PP in the low post.  The doubling will be easier for them and the passing out harder but at least pp can maybe punish heinrich down there or create from double teams.  Treat pp like your big with a mismatch.  It is giving something up, but heinrich is already taking that away so I don't see much choice.

Also, this will, I think, allow us to use both Rondo's speeed game and pp post game at the same time.  When pp iso's at the top rondo is out of the picture (except as an offensive rebounder, love you rondo).  We shouldn't have to choose between these two weapons.  We have changed and grown, it is time to put pp in the post both to utilize him as a scorer and to keep the rondo threat alive at all times.

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 05:39:22 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
To get back on track Pierce should spend the first half of game 5 imagining himself as a pass first point guard.  No holding the ball, no backing into players and getting stripped.  The Celtics miss the ball movement Garnett enabled.  Pierce should take it upon himself to keep the Celtics character as a ball moving team.

I can't stand when Donny Marshall starts talking about "okay, you know what, no more deferring to others, no more dumping the ball off to Perkins, it's time for Pierce to step up and be the main man" etc etc etc...all that macho stuff.

Pierce has transformed his game via playing team ball.  If he moves the ball he'll score just as much as if he doesn't imo.

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 05:56:20 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
paul is actin like kobe did in the finals when we won it in la..

kobe did not put up a fight in that game and paul seems to not care.

i wanna be wrong but when u toss things around in ya mind 2 and 2 comes 2gether

*sippin 40oz*

i love scal..*no broke back*

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 06:46:18 PM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
GO TO THE RIM!!!

I've never seen Paul so hesitant to take the ball to the basket. His confidence looks shaken. Pierce is strong enough to score on anyone if he can get even with them. He is settling for way too many jumpers. Someone needs to get in his head and bring the aggression out of the man. He has looked soft so far this series.

Have you been watching the same series I have?  Pierce HAS taken to the rim and he can't buy a foul call.  This isn't just me saying this. Maxwell has mentioned it, Mark Jackson talked about it, of course Tommy. Even Bulls fans have mentioned it.  Charles Barkley joked about a shot he made that should have been an and 1 but wasn't.
  And it's not just going to the basket.  Three different times in three different games he pulled out his patteneted up fake, his defender jumped into him and no call. One was played over and over again the next day on sportscenter and each time it was asked....how was that not a foul?  Another one the guy clobbered him even harder and instead of getting the call they called him for traveling.

It's pretty much a given by now that the officials in this series just aren't going to give him anything.
His best game was game three where he finally just started making space and taking mid range jumpers and said the hell with putting it in the officials hands.

i agree with you on that one either he gets hacked going to the line or he doesn't get a call or noah or tyrus thomas swats it.

If I was pp i would have definitely got a technical arguing with the officials he was getting destroyed going to the rim

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 06:54:39 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
GO TO THE RIM!!!

i feel ya

but i would feel you more if he wouldnt lose the ball while drivin and if fouled he hit his free's

im not bashin paul..i know he got game and can really do better.

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 07:55:20 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Stop pouting at the referees and get back on defense.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 07:58:56 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
he is out of gas...that is why he doesn't go to the rim much...i also think paul is and has been playing hurt for some time

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 12:26:14 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Every thread about Pierce, there has to be a post that says Pierce doesn't care, blah blah blah. Just plain ridiculous.