Author Topic: Ben Gordon may be hurt  (Read 3639 times)

Ben Gordon may be hurt
« on: April 27, 2009, 11:51:32 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4104307

I doubt it'll have a major impact, but for those who haven't seen it yet, Gordon's having an MRI on a hamstring he sprained in the 1st half yesterday.

Re: Ben Gordon may be hurt
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 12:01:46 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Didn't seem to bother him the overtimes... :-\...however, something like that could turn awfully sore over the next couple of days.   :)

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 12:10:59 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
I am surprised that the injury doesnt have to do with that hit he took after getting fouled by BBD. That had the potential to be much worse than it eded up being. He was completely vertical from about 5 feet off the ground.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 12:12:27 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!
I am surprised that the injury doesnt have to do with that hit he took after getting fouled by BBD. That had the potential to be much worse than it eded up being. He was completely vertical from about 5 feet off the ground.
Problem is, that wasn't even a foul.  BBD moved out of the way and Gordon was expecting contact but didn't get it. 

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 12:16:55 PM »

Offline Celts1485

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 26
Not only that he expected the contact, he initiated it by sticking his legs out awkwardly into BBD which caused his fall to the ground to be as bad as it was.  BBD ran by with his hand straight up trying to just bother the shot and avoid contact.

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 12:36:33 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Didn't seem to bother him the overtimes... :-\...however, something like that could turn awfully sore over the next couple of days.   :)

I know you're probably just referring to the game tying 3, but it absolutely DID bother him yesterday.  He couldn't stay with Ray on defense.  But we bailed him out by continuously doing the iso play for Pierce and letting Gordon rest on defense.

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 12:38:11 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen

I know you're probably just referring to the game tying 3, but it absolutely DID bother him yesterday.  He couldn't stay with Ray on defense.  But we bailed him out by continuously doing the iso play for Pierce and letting Gordon rest on defense.

Yeah that was so frustrating to watch considering Ray was getting soooo wide open every play they ran for him.

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 01:27:00 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153

Why wasn't Pierce dominating Heinrick when isolated one-on-one with him?
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 01:30:44 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen

Why wasn't Pierce dominating Heinrick when isolated one-on-one with him?

Heinrich is actually a good to great defender who can match up with multiple positions. For this reason he was considered for the Olympic team and was the starter for the Bulls before Rose came on board. However, I think Pierce could have taken advantage more and shot over him instead of complicating things by driving into traffic repeatedly. He had it backwards, he was trying to shoot over the taller but slower Salmons while trying to get by the smaller quicker Heinrich.

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 01:40:34 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1676
While it would obviously benefit the Celtics if Ben Gordon couldn't go in any of the remaining games, I really hope that he's alright.  Forget looking for every advantage possible - three games this series have been decided by one possession, and it's quickly turning into one of the best Round One matchups I've seen in recent history.  I'd be perfectly happy if the Celtics crushed the Bulls in the next two games, but I'd also be happy if it continues the way it's been going.

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 02:11:43 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!

He really was dying on those picks throughout the game.  Don't for a second think that hasn't been noticed in film sessions.  Boo yeah.

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 02:38:09 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
He might also have a pulled groin from his reaction after he hit that game-tying shot.  That was a real classy one.  I hope Calhoun is more proud of the way Ray Allen carries himself than this guy.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 03:09:05 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
He might also have a pulled groin from his reaction after he hit that game-tying shot.

LOL. TP.

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 03:14:11 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
He might also have a pulled groin from his reaction after he hit that game-tying shot.  That was a real classy one.  I hope Calhoun is more proud of the way Ray Allen carries himself than this guy.
Do you think he was trying to return the favor to KG? KG grabbed his junk with 2 hands and shook it at the Chicago bench in game 2 after Ray hit the final 3. I can't fault Gordon for doing the same thing back.

Sadly, KG is very unclassy on the court. Fortunately, he is very classy off the court.

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 03:28:08 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
ESPN reports that Gordon is OK :

Bulls guard Ben Gordon is day to day with a hamstring strain he suffered in the first half of Sunday's double-overtime victory over the Boston Celtics in Chicago.

An MRI on Monday revealed nothing unexpected for Gordon, who maintained several times after the game he would be ready to play in Tuesday's Game 5 in Boston.