Author Topic: Kevin Garnett. Will be back. (rumor)  (Read 12917 times)

Re: Kevin Garnett. Will be back.
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2009, 12:00:36 PM »

Offline DivingCowens

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Pride, Baby. Pride!
Well, I have no problem believing this as I have been saying to anyone who would listen that I think the whole extended injury is a big rope-a-dope.  If he were injured, even close to as serious as it has been reported, why would they not send him to surgery?  The playoffs are months long and that is essential rehab time to get 100% for next season.  Would anyone really put it past Danny and Doc to pull something like that?  I wouldn't at all.  In fact, I think if we had won yesterday, we may have seen him at least in uniform on Tuesday and the house would have come DOWN!  Even without him, we are clearly the 2nd best team in the East.  With him, I still think we give Cleveland a big run.  

Let's see, but nobody should be surprised if he comes back and comes back big.

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2009, 12:01:27 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
My father is Bill Walker and he says KG likes to eat fish sticks.

So he's a gay fish?

Well that won't help us win any basketball games, anyway.

Just the latest example of celebs coming out after Kanye's brave proclamation to the world. KG would certainly be the most surprising. The least surprising..Tony Allen with his love affair with Salmon.

Re: Kevin Garnett. Will be back. (rumor)
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2009, 12:11:35 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
You have to be careful what you read in a girl's facial expressions.  For all we know, the OP could be as bad as Kobe at knowing what sign is being given.   ;)

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
You have to be careful what you read in a girl's facial expressions.  For all we know, the OP could be as bad as Kobe at knowing what sign is being given.   ;)

" No meas NO! No means NO!" My favorite chant at the Garden of all time.

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2009, 12:18:34 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I thought KG was suppose to tentatively be looking at a mid-2nd round return already? Is this new news?

The only thing that has come out is that he has put off surgery, and therefore the potential of a return this year is still there.  There has been no timeframe set, as it supposedly depends completely on improvement to the injury.

Reporters have speculated about a return for the ECF, but so far it has all been speculation, and nothing more.

Yeah, that's what I'd thought, too.  I don't remember anybody from the team ever mentioning "mid-second round", or any time frame other than "out for the playoffs".

As for whether this is "news"...  Well, what's the news?  That a girl who has a famous father smiled at one of our members, but refused to answer his question about KG?  It's a believable story, but assuming it's 100% accurate, what does it tell us in terms of news?  Really, not all that much.

In fact, maybe it tells us much more about the member, who may have been completely oblivious to the fact that this girl was trying to flirt with him, because he was so interested in interpreting her smile with respect to the Celtics.

Sometimes it is very difficult to tell the difference between a "KG is coming back in a couple weeks" smile, and a "will you please just ask me out" smile.

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2009, 12:26:07 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I saw her from across the room and she gave me that, "KG's going to be alright" stare.  I knew right then and there that she was the one...and that the ticket would be back in 2 weeks.  It was love at first sight.

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2009, 12:54:43 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
In fact, maybe it tells us much more about the member, who may have been completely oblivious to the fact that this girl was trying to flirt with him, because he was so interested in interpreting her smile with respect to the Celtics.

Sometimes it is very difficult to tell the difference between a "KG is coming back in a couple weeks" smile, and a "will you please just ask me out" smile.

I agree with this theory. It is well known that once you become a member of celticsblog the opposite sex simply can not resist you. Beach + Celtics game + alcohol consumption + winking, smiling chick =  ;D celticblog member.

it's simple math.

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2009, 01:04:40 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
There is an Andi Thibodeau who goes to Endicott...

Also a Taylor Lacerte who goes to Endicott...

Andi Thibodeau graduated in 2008, so that means it looks like the Head Trainer, Ed Lacerte's daughter, Taylor Lacerte? Possibly?  She will graduate in 2010.

And the OP did say:
haha I was wondering what sarcastic response I was going to get first...deli guy would be pretty cool - but he actually has a VERY important role with the Celtics; a role that puts him as the number 1 guy when accessing injuries...does that help?

Sooo there you have it We have all the clues :). I ACCUSE TAYLOR LACERTE IN THE DORM WINDOW WITH A SMILE!  :P

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2009, 01:19:39 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
We are all very creepy right now.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2009, 01:31:55 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
If KG is coming back, he'll come back. I really can't be bothered with rumors at this point. The games themselves are compelling and keep my mind occupied.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2009, 01:32:59 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
How has the source gone this long without being identified?

Greg Dickerson's daughter?
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2009, 01:33:56 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
If KG is coming back, he'll come back. I really can't be bothered with rumors at this point. The games themselves are compelling and keep my mind occupied.

Youre stronger than most. I cant resist.

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2009, 02:37:15 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I'd rather hear a rumor saying he's coming back tomorrow night.  We might not be around two weeks from now.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2009, 02:45:07 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
How has the source gone this long without being identified?

Greg Dickerson's daughter?

I think we've come to the conclusion that it is Ed Lacerte's daughter.

« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2009, 03:00:38 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
We are all very creepy right now.

You think that's creepy, I just Facebooked her - from her pic she's a cheerleader, which probably means she's used to smiling to deal with all sorts of situations.  THE PLOT THICKENS!!!1!