Author Topic: Kevin Garnett. Will be back. (rumor)  (Read 12916 times)

Re: Kevin Garnett. Will be back.
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2009, 09:46:29 AM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
Since the daughter is in college, one would assume she is around her 20's. Taking that fact, I'm guessing that her dad is someone old. Why is this fact significant? If, and only if, the OP is telling the truth, then I conclude that her father is someone that either owns the Celtics or is on the coaching staff. The players are way too young to have a daughter in her 20's.

Now, around the 40-60 age range, that narrow it down to Doc Rivers, Danny Ainge, Tom Thibodeau, and Armond Hill. Since Ainge was still in the hospital tonday (at least I think so), that narrow it down to the coaching staff. I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say her father is either Doc or Tom Thibodeau. I assume it's the latter.

All of this, of course, is assuming this story holds any legitimacy.

40-60 age range is old?  Ouch
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2009, 09:46:45 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I promise you 10 TP's IF it's true.
Right now, I'm skeptic.

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2009, 10:15:26 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Since the daughter is in college, one would assume she is around her 20's. Taking that fact, I'm guessing that her dad is someone old. Why is this fact significant? If, and only if, the OP is telling the truth, then I conclude that her father is someone that either owns the Celtics or is on the coaching staff. The players are way too young to have a daughter in her 20's.

Now, around the 40-60 age range, that narrow it down to Doc Rivers, Danny Ainge, Tom Thibodeau, and Armond Hill. Since Ainge was still in the hospital tonday (at least I think so), that narrow it down to the coaching staff. I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say her father is either Doc or Tom Thibodeau. I assume it's the latter.

All of this, of course, is assuming this story holds any legitimacy.

40-60 age range is old?  Ouch

I'm going on a limb and thinking Jo Jo White - I know he has a college aged or near college aged daughter in the area...
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2009, 10:30:13 AM »

Offline BillfromBoston

• Author
  • Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
Who cares? He ain't coming back for this series and Boston doesn't look like a lock to get out of the first round, so....let's just hope Boston can find it in them to actually play defense for a whole game more than 1 out of 7 games...I doubt they win back-to-back in this series, so we're going to be seeing another game 7...

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2009, 10:34:22 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Where is Celticsthug when you need him?  I'm sure his source knows the real story.

As for this whole thing, if it is true, I think it is much more likely that they are going to be announcing his surgery in a couple weeks, rather than his return.  I don't believe anyone knows whether he will return at this point, otherwise, he would already be back.

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2009, 10:38:16 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
the tooth fairy told me that id get more money under my pillow if i was a good boy

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2009, 11:00:07 AM »

Offline BillfromBoston

• Author
  • Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
I thought KG was suppose to tentatively be looking at a mid-2nd round return already? Is this new news?

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2009, 11:08:17 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
I thought KG was suppose to tentatively be looking at a mid-2nd round return already? Is this new news?

The only thing that has come out is that he has put off surgery, and therefore the potential of a return this year is still there.  There has been no timeframe set, as it supposedly depends completely on improvement to the injury.

Reporters have speculated about a return for the ECF, but so far it has all been speculation, and nothing more.

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2009, 11:13:43 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
There is an Andi Thibodeau who goes to Endicott...

Also a Taylor Lacerte who goes to Endicott...

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2009, 11:17:01 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
There is an Andi Thibodeau who goes to Endicott...

Also a Taylor Lacerte who goes to Endicott...

Andi Thibodeau graduated in 2008, so that means it looks like the Head Trainer, Ed Lacerte's daughter, Taylor Lacerte? Possibly?  She will graduate in 2010.

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2009, 11:20:51 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I have no problem beleiving the story.  That may well have happened just as the poster said it happened.  What I don't believe is that the daughter of someone in the organization would have any real insight into the KG situation.  I am guessing that right now, everyone is simply wishing that he comes back.  I highly doubt that there is a plan in place to unveil KG in the second round.  Just don't see it.

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2009, 11:32:21 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Do we really want him back if doing so could risk him permanent injury? Would he be effective if he came back? Could he still catch the alley oops, or blitz on screens? I think fans shouldn't be waiting for him to come back because they will be sadly disappointed.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2009, 11:33:26 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
My father is Bill Walker and he says KG likes to eat fish sticks.

So he's a gay fish?

Well that won't help us win any basketball games, anyway.

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2009, 11:36:24 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
Do we really want him back if doing so could risk him permanent injury? Would he be effective if he came back? Could he still catch the alley oops, or blitz on screens? I think fans shouldn't be waiting for him to come back because they will be sadly disappointed.

I am pretty sure they have said that coming back would not put him at any more risk of injury (although there is always the risk of him overcompensating, and hurting something else). 

But I agree, no one should be expecting him to come back.

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2009, 11:59:02 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

The only thing that has come out is that he has put off surgery, and therefore the potential of a return this year is still there.  There has been no timeframe set, as it supposedly depends completely on improvement to the injury.

Reporters have speculated about a return for the ECF, but so far it has all been speculation, and nothing more.

Yeah, that's what I'd thought, too.  I don't remember anybody from the team ever mentioning "mid-second round", or any time frame other than "out for the playoffs".

As for whether this is "news"...  Well, what's the news?  That a girl who has a famous father smiled at one of our members, but refused to answer his question about KG?  It's a believable story, but assuming it's 100% accurate, what does it tell us in terms of news?  Really, not all that much.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions