Author Topic: Kevin Garnett. Will be back. (rumor)  (Read 12915 times)

Re: Kevin Garnett. Will be back.
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 11:43:15 PM »

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
  • It's hammer time
well your email address says your from endicott, so does anybody know any relatives of celtics owners or trainers that attend endicott college?

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 11:43:25 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
still a lot better than the "really!? you could only last one minute?" look

That's the joke I was trying for. Not sure if people got it :-\ I'm not even married.

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 11:45:28 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
still a lot better than the "really!? you could only last one minute?" look

All of those are a LOT better than the "two weeks late" look.

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 12:21:21 AM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
I'm not going to give any names, I know I have zero recognition on this board. I understand you have no reason to believe me or have any reason to take what I'm about to say into consideration.

I attend a small liberal arts college in Massachusetts...One of the girls in my dorm happens to be the daughter of somebody VERY important that has been with the Celtics for a VERY long time. I never talked to this girl, and I was never aware of who her father was, but while outside with a crowed of kids watching the Celtics game today, she yelled from her window - "thats my dad!"...

I talked to her for the next half hour. Believe me when I say she has the inside of all the Celtics players, children - you name it!

After talking to her, I asked the question I knew she was waiting for...

"sooo, when should we plan on seeing KG back on the court..."

she gave me a big smile with the look on her face like everything is going to be just fine and KG will be here in the next two weeks. OF COURSE, this is all speculation, I was trying me best to read her facial expressions, and that is what myself and my friend got from it.

"ugghhh, I wish I could tell you! My dad would kill me. I'm not allowed to say ANYTHING. You'll find out soon enough."

I see KG coming back in two weeks if the Celtics are still around. He got injured, sat out, came back, and played a couple games. He has the best of the best working for him and to say they aren't sure what will happen if he comes back, blah blah blah = baloney. They know 100% what is going on, and they have a set time table for him to return. As much of a leader KG is, as much as he wants to win, it must be killing him sitting on the bench. The way I see it, KG is doing all he possibly can to help the team win now, knowing - he will be back. Take what you want from this, I know it means very little. I'm just a believer.

Come back KG!

Doc Blob needs to know... was she cute at least???  ;)
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 01:31:54 AM »

Offline TheGreenThumb

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 25
Does this girl's name happen to be Arianna or Thea Lacerte?

Or is it Molly or Nell McKeon?

<Got the names of Ed Lacerte's and Brian McKeon's daughters from the Internet.>
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 01:22:09 PM by TheGreenThumb »

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 02:43:29 AM »

Offline HYPE.

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • There can only be one.
Since the daughter is in college, one would assume she is around her 20's. Taking that fact, I'm guessing that her dad is someone old. Why is this fact significant? If, and only if, the OP is telling the truth, then I conclude that her father is someone that either owns the Celtics or is on the coaching staff. The players are way too young to have a daughter in her 20's.

Now, around the 40-60 age range, that narrow it down to Doc Rivers, Danny Ainge, Tom Thibodeau, and Armond Hill. Since Ainge was still in the hospital tonday (at least I think so), that narrow it down to the coaching staff. I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say her father is either Doc or Tom Thibodeau. I assume it's the latter.

All of this, of course, is assuming this story holds any legitimacy.

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 05:37:33 AM »

Kiorrik

well your email address says your from endicott, so does anybody know any relatives of celtics owners or trainers that attend endicott college?
Since the daughter is in college, one would assume she is around her 20's. Taking that fact, I'm guessing that her dad is someone old. Why is this fact significant? If, and only if, the OP is telling the truth, then I conclude that her father is someone that either owns the Celtics or is on the coaching staff. The players are way too young to have a daughter in her 20's.

Now, around the 40-60 age range, that narrow it down to Doc Rivers, Danny Ainge, Tom Thibodeau, and Armond Hill. Since Ainge was still in the hospital tonday (at least I think so), that narrow it down to the coaching staff. I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say her father is either Doc or Tom Thibodeau. I assume it's the latter.

TP for Holmes and Watson.

To the Mystery Machine van!

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 07:50:19 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Don't ask me why, but this thread is oddly believable.

i agree. i don't like the fact that i beleive this.

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 08:34:10 AM »

Offline pengaloo

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 76

if this story does hold any legitimacy - I don't think she's the daughter of any of those people you've listed. They are on tv all the time - she wouldn't yell out "that's my dad!" unless this person isn't regularly seen on tv...

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 08:37:41 AM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
Why am I falling victim to this...
I wish you were allowed to prove your story D:
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2009, 08:48:00 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
We have officially (as in unofficially) found this statement to be a complete fabrication, for the following reason:

while outside with a crowed of kids watching the game

Verified by two on scene sources....nobody watches television outside anymore.

We are still investigating what a "crowed" is. It is the past tense of a verb, meaning "to crow", or make a shrill noise.

Possibly however in this context, it means something like "I totally crowed that guy"...as in "I made him a crow".

We are still looking into every possible explanation.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2009, 08:49:23 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
You guys are awfully gullible.

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2009, 09:16:56 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
My father is Bill Walker and he says KG likes to eat fish sticks.

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2009, 09:37:25 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I am Tiger Woods.

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2009, 09:44:45 AM »

Offline wilymogilman

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
So far I'm getting the responses I expected. Some in favor, some not - as long as KG does return, I guess my original statement will be verified.

In regards to watching television outside, its funny...I live in senior "apartment" like conditions on campus. With 75 degree weather and the ocean breeze, mind you, the beach is right outside my window - we thought it would be a cool idea to run a 30ft cable wire from my room to a TV we brought outside...It was either go to the beach and miss the Celtics, or sit outside, watch the game, and still enjoy the weather.

Story holds true.

I even brought up Celticsblog saying how many "TOMMY POINTS" I could get if I had that inside source...of course nobody knew what I was talking about. I did tell her that I would obviously blog on the subject if she gave me the info and she said something along the lines of "thats exactly why I'm not allowed to say anything!"

All in all, I really have no reason to make up this story...It doesn't even give much insight, just something I came across and tried to dig up as much as possible. I tried my best to read facial expressions (yes we are desperate) and my friend and I got the impression that KG has the potential to return...

Lets hope KG does return...I now have some hope that he will.