Author Topic: Did Garnett do the Panther last night?  (Read 20405 times)

Re: Did Garnett do the Panther last night?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 04:04:45 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
That's funny Jay jay, and I agree with him!
... its a true story Scooby,i was in stitches laughing after.

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 04:36:56 PM »

Offline john191919

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
we should call it the cobra

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 04:51:34 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I already have a theory that I would be pooping my pants if Garnett was just a regular guy and I was playing a pick-up game against him, now imagine him doing that during a pick up game.  That would be so intimading, I might run away.  Can you imagine KG in a regular work setting with that intensity.  Say something like him working as a cook, and it's busy and he's all focused and stuff.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 05:00:49 PM »

Offline bf17290

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 2
KG's been doing that all season long.

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 06:55:43 PM »

Offline vwoodruff

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 45
I'm playin' ball in an hour. I should try it out. I already have 3+" on everyone; maybe this is another extra edge.

He's a panther. man. Imagine getting run down by one of those two? [dang].....

ANd on top of it... if KG's been sportin' the Che shirt overseas, he better be down with the Panthers on this side of the pond.

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2008, 07:29:28 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'm sticking with my fisher cat theory.  Come on, give some respect to the fisher cat!~

Yup

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2008, 09:06:28 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I'm sticking with my fisher cat theory.  Come on, give some respect to the fisher cat!~

Redz, when I was around 8 or 9, my best friend and I were planning to camp out, and were walking our bikes and tent/sleeping bags/equipment to where we were planning to use as a site, and a fisher came out of the thicket by a stream. I don't know if we were threatening it's babies or what, but the thing started to chase us, and if you've never heard one scream, it's like something straight out of Hades, and NOT of this world!

Well, they're not very big, but they're entirely fearless, and as it was dark and we couldn't see it well, but could only hear it coming at us with that horrendous "wail-from-satan" screech, we just threw our bikes, sleeping bags, and equipment and ran to my house, vowing to never go outside again! My Dad was ripped when he got home from work, as he couldn't get in the driveway with all our equipment and bikes strewn for yards down the driveway and out onto the road.

He eventually made us go out and collect everything, though as I recall it took some major threatening on his part, and as many flashlights and "weapons" as we could carry, as getting anywhere near that creature again was a fate worse than any beating! We didn't know until later investigation that it was a fisher, and having heard it many times since then, it always brings a chill to the bone.

If anyone has ever had a run-in with one of these fearless little creatures, they'll know that your choice as representing KG's intimidation factor is the perfect one! I can't imagine ten panthers, in their worst of moods, taking on a single one of these little fuzzy beasts, and one single screech from these little terrors, would be enough to send any animal or human, running for their lives!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2008, 10:08:17 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Bahku,

A couple of years of years ago I was driving home and saw a fisher running across a yard.  I had no clue what it was, but a couple of days later I described it to the animal control officer who I'd bumped into at the coffee shop.  She told me it was a fisher.  So I got home and read up a bit on them, and, MAN, they are formidable little critters.  And, as you said, they will not back down to animals much larger than them.

Don't let the cute looking photos fool you.  They're mean predators!

from Wiki: Fishers are also known for one of their calls, which is often said to sound like a child screaming, and can be mistaken for someone in dire need of help.

In terms of ungodly noises, I'd give the coyotes in the woods behind our house plenty of credit in that category.  They make some truly freaky noises.

Anyhow, to stay somewhat on topic.  KG would probably prefer the more popular "panther" name (actually he could probably give a poop about it!)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 10:22:33 PM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2008, 10:46:39 PM »

Offline Ian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 61
i've always refered to it as the 'crouching tiger'

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2008, 11:03:46 PM »

Offline heatnum119

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • Stan Van Gundy after losing in the semis.
I just have to clarify to everyone that is called the cobra by K.G. and he wants us all to call him the cobra now because of it. I heard this a couple of days in a row on PTI and Jim Rome a few weeks back, i think after we played the hornets at home when KG was going 1 on 1 with CP3. Heres a link for everyone http://news.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1087397&srvc=home&position=also

-heat
"I can out learn you, I can out read you, I can out think you, and I can out philosophise you, and Im gonna out last you!...'I am like God, and God like me. I am large as God, he is as small as I. He cannot above me, nor I beneath him be.' Silesius ,17th century" -Max Cady

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2008, 11:09:36 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I just have to clarify to everyone that is called the cobra by K.G. and he wants us all to call him the cobra now because of it. I heard this a couple of days in a row on PTI and Jim Rome a few weeks back, i think after we played the hornets at home when KG was going 1 on 1 with CP3. Heres a link for everyone http://news.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1087397&srvc=home&position=also

-heat

Cobra?  Heh?  Come on KG, really?  You gotta get down lower if you wanna go for being a snake! 

Just don't see it, big fella.  Now, maybe I wasn't right on with the fisher, but hell, at least it has LEGS!

Yup

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2008, 11:21:34 PM »

Offline heatnum119

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • Stan Van Gundy after losing in the semis.

-heat

Cobra?  Heh?  Come on KG, really?  You gotta get down lower if you wanna go for being a snake! 

Just don't see it, big fella.  Now, maybe I wasn't right on with the fisher, but hell, at least it has LEGS!

Actually the only reason why those shows brought it up was to bust on KG for making up his own nickname, it is kind of lame, but im not going to be the one to be like "Hey KG! That Cobra nickname you made up for self is wack!!!" Mostly because i dont need KG ending my life.

-heat
"I can out learn you, I can out read you, I can out think you, and I can out philosophise you, and Im gonna out last you!...'I am like God, and God like me. I am large as God, he is as small as I. He cannot above me, nor I beneath him be.' Silesius ,17th century" -Max Cady

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2008, 12:38:24 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Bahku,

A couple of years of years ago I was driving home and saw a fisher running across a yard.  I had no clue what it was, but a couple of days later I described it to the animal control officer who I'd bumped into at the coffee shop.  She told me it was a fisher.  So I got home and read up a bit on them, and, MAN, they are formidable little critters.  And, as you said, they will not back down to animals much larger than them.

Don't let the cute looking photos fool you.  They're mean predators!

from Wiki: Fishers are also known for one of their calls, which is often said to sound like a child screaming, and can be mistaken for someone in dire need of help.

In terms of ungodly noises, I'd give the coyotes in the woods behind our house plenty of credit in that category.  They make some truly freaky noises.

Anyhow, to stay somewhat on topic.  KG would probably prefer the more popular "panther" name (actually he could probably give a poop about it!)

Good description from Wiki, although it still comes up a bit short ... the sound of a fisher is truly like no other sound on earth, and as it's usually heard at night and very loud, it makes for one majorly unsettling experience. It's a bit like a child's scream, mixed with a Tazmanian Devil's attack howl, mixed with say a cat in extreme pain, mixed with a police siren, joined with screeching tires, mixed with ... well, you get the idea. There's a field right behind my house which is part of a nature reserve, and while it's right in the town, we see deer, turkeys, moose, fox, and much more on a regular basis, though the deer are here almost every night year-round. The fisher "scream" we hear probably a dozen times through the warm months, and is something that you never, EVER get used to.

Back to topic, though it's obviously not the first animal people think of when conjuring images of KG in his defensive posture, and there are certainly many creatures that are larger and more imposing, with what I've learned of the fisher over the years, and the stories I've been told of them standing up to black bears, wolves, and cougars, you'd be hard-pressed to find an animal more worthy of the references to tenacity, determination, and bravery. Amazing and powerful little creatures, and for whatever reasons, very rarely spoken of or mentioned in any context.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 01:20:04 AM »

Offline vwoodruff

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 45
This is easily the best thread on Celticsblog in a while. I was in tears hearing about the camping trip gone awry. Bakhu, I want to see fat little Jerry O'Connell and Corey Feldman reunited to remake the scene of you and your buddy booking it back home. Sincerely.

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2008, 01:35:14 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
This is easily the best thread on Celticsblog in a while. I was in tears hearing about the camping trip gone awry. Bakhu, I want to see fat little Jerry O'Connell and Corey Feldman reunited to remake the scene of you and your buddy booking it back home. Sincerely.

Yeah ... I still see that guy from time-to-time, at class reunions, and that's always one of the stories that we laugh our hineys off about, though we got into a heck-of-a-lot more trouble than that in later years. Needless to say that when we first discovered it was this fuzzy little cat-sized creature that had instilled such terror in us, we weren't in a hurry to accept it. To us, at that age, it was some kind of 9-foot-tall beast from the woods, or some mutant alien, as ready to eat us as look at us, and my Dad was an unwitting fool to even suggest we go back outside for the sake of some worthless equipment, or being able to get the car into the yard! I mean, c'mon ... this was life or death!! Ah ... if youth and imagination is nothing else, it sure is exciting!

(From now on I'll be thinking of that whenever I see KG do the "stance", and that fuzzy little beast that Redz posted such a good photo of! LOL! Somehow loses some of it's "beastliness" that way!)

* BAHKU MUSIC *