Author Topic: Tom Thibodeau  (Read 7532 times)

Re: Tom Thibodeau
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 02:28:09 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
Obviously this is going to happen. Tom moves on, Riles comes to town as his replacement but more so as Doc's predecessor, we don't get there this year or next, get there with Riles year three against the Lakers and win it all. Pat Riley's name hangs from the rafters.

That was a joke...but also my biggest fear.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 02:34:05 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
  Hasn't the knock on Thibodeau been that he is a poor communicator?

Has there been ANY knocks on TT this year?  I haven't heard any...
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 12:34:30 PM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
looks like no matter what happens now if we win it or not, thibadeau is a goner. Steve kerr wanted him as an assistant this past year, chicago will take him if they can't get dantoni, mike woodson's contract is up and who knows they might pursue thibadeau(great fit for a team like atlanta)

I think also is a no brainer every assistant nba coach wants to be a head coach, is like a vice pres who is waiting patiently to become a president.

Wish we let doc go instead and hire thibadeau

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 01:12:28 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Some guys are just meant to be assistants...i get the feeling that Tibs fits this role.  I might be wrong, but I believe he would never make as a head coach, and I'd hate to see him get axed. 

I would prefer that Doc look for a coach to redesign the offense because hearing Ray Allen make comments about our offensive sets at this time of the season is a bit concerning to me (ie. he has to figure out a way to get his own shots as plays aren't necessarily designed for him).
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 01:26:54 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Some guys are just meant to be assistants...i get the feeling that Tibs fits this role.  I might be wrong, but I believe he would never make as a head coach, and I'd hate to see him get axed. 

I would prefer that Doc look for a coach to redesign the offense because hearing Ray Allen make comments about our offensive sets at this time of the season is a bit concerning to me (ie. he has to figure out a way to get his own shots as plays aren't necessarily designed for him).

Something about this makes me laugh (not at you, but the NBA)

Assistant coaches that have helped teams, have experience on the bench are overlooked so often to hire the guy with no coaching experience, ex player, and team/national broadcaster. 

Maybe one of the problems the NBA has with quality is the lack of experienced coaches. 

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 01:50:01 PM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
Here's my dream scenario.

The C's win it all this year.

Doc calls a press conference to announce that he has accomplished everything he set out to do, and now its time to go home to Orlando to be with the family.

TT takes over as head coach.

Some number of years from now, when Tommy Heinsohn retires and Doc's kids a re grown, Doc teams up with Mike Gorman as color man.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 02:01:43 PM »

Offline I am... a brain doctor

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
  • ...For me to poop on!!!

I have not heard any either; and from what I have read, his ability to exquisitely communicate defensive principles is what makes him so great. 

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 02:14:29 PM »

Offline Potapenko Boxout

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40

I have not heard any either; and from what I have read, his ability to exquisitely communicate defensive principles is what makes him so great. 

....especially against the Hawks on the road

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 02:56:07 PM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200
Any post about Thibodeau scares me ---

I very much would like him to stay and the longer the team goes in the playoffs the better chance we'll have of that (I hope)
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.