Author Topic: Pacers (33-40) at Celtics (50-23) Game #74 3/24/23  (Read 7032 times)

Re: Pacers (33-40) at Celtics (50-23) Game #74 3/24/23
« Reply #195 on: March 25, 2023, 09:15:30 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
ok lets give JT a little rest, get JB back in for his 30 and sit him too....
lots of games we still want to win in this regular season

You know, I was recently reading that it's actually better to up the guys' minutes in the final stretch, as it gets them better prepared for the higher minutes in the playoffs. Got to find a balance there.

Scal was actually just talking about that

That would apply more to guys who have been playing normal minutes to begin with.
Tatum and Brown have played way too many minutes this season. Did we learn nothing from last season ?
Tatum especially needs rest - he is a different player with fresh legs. Let him sit at home for a couple of the road games remaining.
Others who should reduce and not increase minutes down the stretch, Horford, Smart and maybe even White. He has played a lot.

I’m less concerned about White who seems unfazed by big minutes, than I am about Brogdon who is approaching career high in games played.  Brogdon’s body wears down - I’d look to rest him.

« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2023, 09:34:13 AM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1807
Rob looking like last season Rob....15:30min, 8reb,1assist,3steals,3blcks and 4pts.  I would hope that by the playoffs he would be playing 25-30 min. 
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #197 on: March 25, 2023, 10:13:59 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Rob looking like last season Rob....15:30min, 8reb,1assist,3steals,3blcks and 4pts.  I would hope that by the playoffs he would be playing 25-30 min.

He should. I'm fine with them managing the minutes now and letting him ramp up. I also love that he's coming off the bench. I think that's the best course of action with Timelord given his injury history. Have him as a 20-30 minute role player. That doesn't mean he can't play with the closing lineup either IF the situation calls for it late, but I think to enhance and maximize the potential with Timelord and the C's, they are better off having him come off the bench rather than starting games and playing 28-30+ MPG regularly. It just feels to me these injuries start popping up for him when he's playing heavy minutes, or playing a much bigger role as a starter
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #198 on: March 25, 2023, 10:16:03 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I think either of the next two games are the last best chance for the C's to potentially rest guys (Tatum). Should still beat SAS and WAS without him. After that though, it's showtime the rest of the way with some pivotal games as well (MIL, PHI)

« Reply #199 on: March 25, 2023, 10:20:51 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I think either of the next two games are the last best chance for the C's to potentially rest guys (Tatum). Should still beat SAS and WAS without him. After that though, it's showtime the rest of the way with some pivotal games as well (MIL, PHI)

I would be very surprised if he played April 9th vs. the Hawks.  It’s best to keep playing everyone this week if we can, since we’re looking more like the Celtics the last couple of games.  I’d rather keep up that energy vs. San Antonio than rest Tatum and take us out of any groove we might be formumkng.

« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2023, 10:21:18 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I would be very surprised if he played April 9th vs. the Hawks.  It’s best to keep playing everyone this week if we can, since we’re looking more like the Celtics the last couple of games.  I’d rather keep up that energy vs. San Antonio than rest Tatum and take us out of any groove we might be formumkng.

Yeah that's also true

« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2023, 04:17:30 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah that's also true

Actually. Looks like Tatum will miss tomorrow’s game. He’s listed as questionable on the injury report

« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2023, 04:19:44 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

He should. I'm fine with them managing the minutes now and letting him ramp up. I also love that he's coming off the bench. I think that's the best course of action with Timelord given his injury history. Have him as a 20-30 minute role player. That doesn't mean he can't play with the closing lineup either IF the situation calls for it late, but I think to enhance and maximize the potential with Timelord and the C's, they are better off having him come off the bench rather than starting games and playing 28-30+ MPG regularly. It just feels to me these injuries start popping up for him when he's playing heavy minutes, or playing a much bigger role as a starter
I actually don't care if he's starting or coming off the bench. However, I agree with your larger point that he should be a 25 mpg player. He makes a real difference even at that level of PT.

At the center spot, Rob and Horford give different looks for opponents which I think throws them off a bit.