Author Topic: ECF Game 6 Celtics at Pistons 5/30 8:30 PM ESPN  (Read 100831 times)

Re: ECF Game 6 Celtics at Pistons 5/30 8:30 PM ESPN
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2008, 09:53:49 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Fouls at the half
Pistons 5
Celts 12

really?

Yeah, officiating has been very poor thus far, we can only hope the try to even it up in the second half, but I doubt it. It's amazing how much these guys can be influenced by a crowd, it seems like they get excited and just want to placate the fans.

I had a thought and the end of the first quarter, when the refs told Mason the shot didn't count. I wonder if refs have a hard time taking him seriously, they are basically talking to a hype man dressed like a clown in all Pistons gear, speaking like an idiot. However, these are NBA refs, they should never stop being ashamed of themselves long enough to look down on anyone.

I still say, KG must set his feet and square up for a shot, he started doing it at the end of the half, it must continue, he will find his stroke. Paul needs the ball too, he has attacked every time he's gotten the ball. Ray needs to keep shooting, and everyone else must ATTACK THE BASKET RELENTLESSLY!!. Play D, attack the basket, the simplest recipe for winning on the road.

Detroit is doing it and getting to the line, C's need to follow suit.

« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2008, 09:56:43 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
They need to start calling the Pistons for some of those fouls.

KG needs to settle down and post up. Pierce needs more shots and drive relentlessly. Ray needs to keep shooting.

On D, we need to stop Billups dribble penetration.

« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2008, 09:57:30 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I don't see why Powe shouldn't start the 2nd half. Am i nuts? I don't think so. It's not my fault he's outplaying KG.

Derr..Ok let's sit KG
Yup

« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2008, 09:58:46 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I don't see why Powe shouldn't start the 2nd half. Am i nuts? I don't think so. It's not my fault he's outplaying KG.

Derr..Ok let's sit KG

Sounds good to me. Play the guy who hustles and is hot as the sun right now and sit the dude who's like 2 for a million and frigid as Hillary

« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2008, 10:00:35 PM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21
i would like it in the second half when house or sam come in if pierce or ray would take the ball up the court to elliminate the pressure of hunter.
they would be much more effective as shooters, and would give us more time to set a play

« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2008, 10:00:47 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Derr..Ok let's sit KG

Sounds good to me. Play the guy who hustles and is hot as the sun right now and sit the dude who's like 2 for a million and frigid as Hillary
Ray Allen will never come out of slump...we should sit him too. 
Yup

« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2008, 10:01:07 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Doc starts Powe for KG and I'm out the door for the Palace.

To replace him on the bench.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2008, 10:02:06 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Derr..Ok let's sit KG

And let's start Scalabrine in the 2nd half over Perk because Scalabrine is a great outlet passer. Let's get that fast break going.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2008, 10:03:03 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Doc starts Powe for KG and I'm out the door for the Palace.

To replace him on the bench.

I think KG would over rule Doc.
Yup

« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2008, 10:05:11 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Remember how quiet that place was after Game 5 of the 2002 playoffs?  I want that tonight. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #160 on: May 30, 2008, 10:05:21 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
i would like it in the second half when house or sam come in if pierce or ray would take the ball up the court to elliminate the pressure of hunter.
they would be much more effective as shooters, and would give us more time to set a play

The thing I still don't like about the way they're treating Hunter is that they let Detroit use him as a weapon.  The guy is a nice on the ball defender.  That's it.  In practically every other way he's a liability.  When he's on the court, especially if Rondo's playing, the C's should be attacking him off the dribble while on offense (he can't keep up with Rondo) and pressuring him like he pressures them.  He's not that great of a ball handler. 

« Reply #161 on: May 30, 2008, 10:05:37 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #162 on: May 30, 2008, 10:05:53 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
One point I didn't care for in the half was when the Celts were up seven and failed to extend the lead on a couple of chances.  Hamilton throws up a brick from the corner that finds its way through the rim for 3, then Billups hits another.  1 point game.

The had a shot at getting a decent lead.

Oh well.

GO GET EM

ONE HALF OF GOOD BALL and WE'RE IN!
Yup

« Reply #163 on: May 30, 2008, 10:06:11 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Powe should get some time in the third quarter. I'd rather see him get time in the third instead of throwing him out there in the fourth quarter. If he's playing well stay with him instead of going with PJ for the fourth.

« Reply #164 on: May 30, 2008, 10:06:54 PM »

Offline CelticsPrideKG

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24

Derr..Ok let's sit KG

Glad you're not the coach.