Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 326585 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #555 on: June 04, 2015, 04:56:44 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Belle....you have never used derogatory language towards me or "offended" me with a low ball offer. You haven't said anything to me about AIDS. That's not the point. Some people think you're good for the league because you're very active and that's great. But you are disingenuous. This whole innocent act is stupid.  You do not send excessive low ball offers. You send excessive offers I just said no to. You are disrespectful.

Case in point and I'm not really exaggerating much.

Do you have any interest in Tyler Ennis?

No. Not at all.

How about Ennis for the 14 pick?

No.

How about the 17th pick?

What did I just say?

How about Ennis for Gerald Henderson and a first? (Didn't I just say no to the first?)

God no.

What are you looking for?

I'm looking for 2016 picks.

How about Ennis for a 2016 pick?

No. I said I'm looking for them. Not to send one.

How about Ennis for Valanciunius?

You're not paying attention.

Ok, so Ennis for the 14th pick then?

Nobody needs to be told which GM is which in that conversation and it's a conversation that happens within about 45 minutes, and it can easily happen several times a week. You aren't losing track of anything. You know exactly what you are doing and you are the only one that does that.

When you are no longer banished from my inbox on Tuesday, I think, you can send me offers again.....here...publicly...where everyone can see them.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 05:03:23 PM by eja117 »

« Reply #556 on: June 04, 2015, 05:02:05 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
TP Eja.  Sent you a private message.  I'll genuinely take this feedback to heart and acknowledge that I often accidentally lose track and send versions of the same trade request.   Everyone will be seeing a lot less trade offers from me in general and I promise you i'll tread lightly before sending you or ChampKind anything from here on out.   I thought we were just spitballing back and forth.  I didn't realize anyone would be personally angered by it.  That's on me.

I had 7 draft picks and 0 roster spots.  I had to cover all my bases.  My last 3 trades have been 5-for-2, 4-for-2 and 2-for-1 moves.  I'm basically done until the start of the season.

« Reply #557 on: June 04, 2015, 05:04:42 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
What want u say bout him but LarBrd33 has built a very nice young team and has top 2 picks this June..He is also very active and that's a major plus..has he send me crazy proposals? Sure but I also sent him some lol..but that's how he is building a winner by being very active and persisted..TP to him
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #558 on: June 04, 2015, 05:05:10 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I'm not perfect by any means but I'll believe all this when I see it

« Reply #559 on: June 04, 2015, 05:06:04 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
He has definitely built a very interesting team. You gotta give him that. I always wondered what a very young team would/could do

« Reply #560 on: June 04, 2015, 05:10:04 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I always wondered what a very young team would/could do

It goes to the Finals! Look at what Mk has done in the H2H league this past season.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #561 on: June 04, 2015, 05:12:38 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
All I know is that when I read some of those quotes on the flutter feed last night, I thought it sounded very much like LB33's writing. 

Infact, I read it and thought, oh, LB33 is making fun of himself now, he's being a good sport. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #562 on: June 04, 2015, 05:23:42 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
All I know is that when I read some of those quotes on the flutter feed last night, I thought it sounded very much like LB33's writing. 

Infact, I read it and thought, oh, LB33 is making fun of himself now, he's being a good sport.
I genuinely don't care who wrote it.  I assure you I didn't.  I'm not crying about it.  I didn't even necessarily mind that the person was calling out my personal facebook page and insulting the way I look... if I cared about that stuff, I wouldn't have shared videos of me making a total fool of myself on this forum.  I'm a goofy looking dude.  You aren't wrong, anonymous poster. 

But I was a little alarmed by the idea that someone could actually be taking my aggressive fantasy persona personally.    My fake articles and flutter feeds aren't for everyone, but I'm not forcing anyone to go there.  And it coming on the heels of ChampsKind PM'ing me to say that I had hindered his ability to actually enjoy this league, when I actually send very few (by comparison) offers to ChampsKind... Made me feel like I should address it.   I'm an aggressive fantasy player.  I warned barefacedmonk when he recruited me that I'd end up annoying some folks with the frequency of trade requests... but I never considered the possibility that it would legitimately anger someone.  Someone offered me a late 1st for Andrew Wiggins, Otto Porter Jr and Aaron Gordon today...  It was fine.  So sorry. 

I'm pretty much done for the offseason anyways.  I like my young team.  Excited to see what happens with them. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 05:30:13 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #563 on: June 04, 2015, 05:27:36 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
No one asked... but here's my 2 cents, or wooden nickel, or whatevs....

----------------
Goes without saying but IMO, getting 20 diff. internet users to mesh in a league means each are gonna have different temperments, style, etc. It's incumbent on all to be cool to one another.

--------------
I'm on record that the flutter stuff written about LB33 is uncool.

And I've had other dealings with GMs that started low or as off-base as with LB33 (and have probably been guilty of it as well). And have been able to complete deals with each. We're all sadly imperfect and trying to win.

that said....

-------------
TP Eja.  Sent you a private message. I'll genuinely take this feedback to heart and acknowledge that I often accidentally lose track and send versions of the same trade request. 

Here's to hoping you do LB33.

It sounds like both Eja and I have both given you the same feedback about ? i don't know what to call it ? crossing that line between (A) being an aggressive, active GM who might not take "no" for an answer on first pass and tries to get creative (good) and (B) being an aggressive, active GM who repeatedly ignores what their trade partner says they are looking for and/or keeps bringing up players/picks who have been explained as "not interested in" (not good).

Being active is awesome (as others have said) but respecting what others have said is as important IMO.

(not trying to pile on, just sharing constructive criticism i've shared privately first with LB33 and naively hoping to advance the discussion).

3B.
---------------
addendum: don't think it's the volume of trade requests per se LB33... as the volume combined with the real-or-perceived lack of attention paid to what the other team might want/need.

It wouldn't bother me if a friend asked me for $100.... but if he did it every day and sometimes upped it to $500 after i told him/her "sorry i can't..." that would bug me.

---------------
Lastly, after our last dust-up in the h2h league we adopted this below as the preamble to our constitution. Seems marginally relevant, so i'm just sharing in the interest of UBUNTU.

Substitute "rules" for "decorum" or "respect" or whatever word you like, since no "rules" have been broken... in this otherwise scintillating  thread ;D

This is a long-term league made up of 20 dedicated GMs. Most of us have invested 4, 5 6, up to 8 years of our time playing and building our teams. No one is forcing anyone to be a part of this league. But if you are going to be in it there is a reasonable expectation that you will (a) follow the rules that we?ve collectively decided on and (b) communicate with the commissioner if you have a question, issue or problem with the league, rules, another GM, etc.

Every GM has a different level of involvement in this league. The rules we?ve put together aren?t to make it more difficult, but rather to allow 20 different meatheads with differing levels of commitment, from all over the country/world, of different ages, different temprements, differing access to a computer during the day, etc. to coexist and have a kick-butt league.

------------
The Utah Flash are still a bunch o' ninnies.

(sorry to pick on you Mk... I'd pick on THE walker wiggle, but he's nowhere to be found....)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 05:36:02 PM by Gainesville Celtic »
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #564 on: June 04, 2015, 05:30:45 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

It goes to the Finals! Look at what Mk has done in the H2H league this past season.

Yeah..... just look:

COME IN SECOND TO ANTHONY MORROW'S TEAM!!!!!!

(sorry Mk... couldn't resist... We all know BFM shoulda been the return champ... but flags fly forever and all that...)

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #565 on: June 04, 2015, 05:32:38 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

I genuinely don't care who wrote it.  I assure you I didn't.  I'm not crying about it.  I didn't even necessarily mind that the person was calling out my personal facebook page and insulting the way I look... if I cared about that stuff, I wouldn't have shared videos of me making a total fool of myself on this forum.  I'm a goofy looking dude.  You aren't wrong, anonymous poster. 

But I was a little alarmed by the idea that someone could actually be taking my aggressive fantasy persona personally.    My fake articles and flutter feeds aren't for everyone, but I'm not forcing anyone to go there.  And it coming on the heels of ChampsKind PM'ing me to say that I had hindered his ability to actually enjoy this league, when I actually send very few (by comparison) offers to ChampsKind... Made me feel like I should address it.   I'm an aggressive fantasy player.  I warned barefacedmonk when he recruited me that I'd end up annoying some folks with the frequency of trade requests... but I never considered the possibility that it would legitimately anger someone.  Someone offered me a late 1st for Andrew Wiggins, Otto Porter Jr and Aaron Gordon today...  It was fine.  So sorry. 

I'm pretty much done for the offseason anyways.  I like my young team.  Excited to see what happens with them.

ChampKind is a class act and a veteran GM. You must have really annoyed him to get that kind of response. Either way, lets all move on and get back to trade discussions.

« Reply #566 on: June 04, 2015, 05:35:13 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

Yeah..... just look:

(sorry Mk... couldn't resist... We all know BFM shoulda been the return champ... but flags fly forever and all that...)

Rub it in, GC. Rub it in. But I'm being very honest when I say this - the best team won. Enjoy the throne for one year. We are all gunning for you. :P

« Reply #567 on: June 04, 2015, 05:35:36 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Gainsville and everyone,

Biggest lessons I'll learn from this:

#1 - Tread lightly with certain folks who have made it abundantly clear they don't like my style of negotiation.  I can't promise to stop sending (perceived) weak intro offers.  That's how every single fantasy league I've ever been part of works.  It's how every single negotiation I've ever seen starts.   My friend is suing someone.  The demand letter asks for 500 grand.  Privately they have admitted they'll take 200 grand.   The other party countered with 10 grand.  Inevitably they'll find a middle ground.

#2 -  I acknowledge that I have a problem with losing track of previous trade discussions and sending versions of the same trades.  Maybe it's an early sign of alzheimers or something.  I might have some undiagnosed form of ADD and sleep deprivation.  I'm usually doing 5 other things while offering trades (playing video games, reading news articles, posting about the celtics, watching tv, hanging out with friends, etc).  I'll send eja a trade offer, he'll respond with something that makes me roll my eyes, I'll totally forget about it, exchange 30 e-mails with MMSB and Pitts about different trades... and then think, "Hmm.. I wonder if eja will take this offer... let me fire this off real quick".   I'm aware of it now.  I'm a little embarrassed by it.   I'll try to be careful.

Would be happy to move on.

« Reply #568 on: June 04, 2015, 05:49:50 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

Yeah..... just look:

Rub it in, GC. Rub it in. But I'm being very honest when I say this - the best team won. Enjoy the throne for one year. We are all gunning for you. :P

« Reply #569 on: June 04, 2015, 05:59:40 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

ChampKind is a class act and a veteran GM. You must have really annoyed him to get that kind of response. Either way, lets all move on and get back to trade discussions.
I have no problem with Christian/ChampKind.  I reached out to him personally to try to clear the air, but he wasn't too receptive.  Back in January he had some pretty aggressively hostile comments towards me on the yahoo board when I defended the concept of "fluctuating trade value"...  Lots of aggressive insults from him that surprised me at the time.  Part of it was a misunderstanding.  He let me know he feels my trades are insulting.  He's made it clear that he believes I'm a "dips---- f---ing weirdo" (he's not wrong) who has ruined his fantasy league experience (with kind of bums me out).  I'm sorry he feels that way.  But he also made it clear that he wasn't the only one who felt that way and claimed most of the senior members of the league agreed.  Optimistically, I'd like to think that ChampKind (who isn't always present) jumps in mid-conversation and sees threads like this with people complaining about my lowball offers (even if they are intended as jokey) and takes them at face value.  Like mkogav told me last year, I have an image problem in this league.  Even if my trade offers are overpays, people are going to convince themselves they are lowballs.   A little of this is me being an obnoxious trade fiend... a little of it is perception becoming reality.  I've made close to 100 trades in this league.  Math suggests that if I won all those trades, I wouldn't be in the bottom 4 this year... and how could every offer I make be a "lowball offer" if every trade I make results in me getting value?  Makes no sense.  The two ideas contradict each other.  Either I'm winning trades and have a team full of trade value... or my team is full of worthless garbage, which negates the idea that I've ever won a trade.

Anyways,  I like to think that that I'm on good standing with most of you guys.  ChampKind seemed to suggest the entire league wanted me gone.   Regardless, I did reach out to him and apologize for my lowball offer of Townes/Okafor, #32 and #36 for Giannis... and let him know that out of respect for him, I'll avoid sending him offers.    I'll back off guys.  No hard feelings.    Looking forward to the season.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 06:18:09 PM by LarBrd33 »