Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948546 times)

Re: What's the Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #3045 on: February 22, 2020, 11:50:14 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
.Without spoilers, has anybody seen Parasite?  What sets it apart?  It seems to be getting almost universal acclaim.

It's an extended allegory for class conflict that doesn't demonize either class (they're all kinda dumbasses). Some characters are worse than others but there are no real villains, everyone is humanized (with maybe one exception). It's also very funny with a lot of striking moments and a couple of decent twists.

I wouldn't gush over it as much as some fans do but it's very enjoyable and well made. A deserving Best Picture.

Agree with the above - I did love it, would watch again, and recommend it.

my wife and I just watched it last week.  I concur with the above.  Great film.

« Reply #3046 on: February 25, 2020, 03:02:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
anybody seen the movie Parasite?

is it all that?  (rich vs poor, global warming etc.)

« Reply #3047 on: February 25, 2020, 03:22:51 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104

Thought-provoking, heart-warming and well-done movie about a strong woman's search for truth and a better life for her son.

Seems like - all too often - the better movies are not shown enough on television.

21 bridges. It was really bad. Just had dialogue, bad acting. It was like actors didn’t even know when the scene was ending. MYbe it was the director but don’t waste your time.

« Reply #3048 on: February 25, 2020, 03:36:19 PM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

Thought-provoking, heart-warming and well-done movie about a strong woman's search for truth and a better life for her son.

Seems like - all too often - the better movies are not shown enough on television.

Something random. While working at a YMCA, I was part of the team that provided First Aid to a person in need of medical care. We even used the AED. We found out later on that was

21 bridges. It was really bad. Just had dialogue, bad acting. It was like actors didn’t even know when the scene was ending. MYbe it was the director but don’t waste your time.

Something random. While working at a YMCA, I was part of the team that provided First Aid to a person in need of medical care. We even used the AED. We found out later on that was Uzo Aduba's father. We would have never guessed that he had a famous daughter. Always a very chill nice guy.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #3049 on: February 25, 2020, 04:33:09 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I just watched Midway last night, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The film is based of a true story of a battle during World War II. I liked seeing the strategic sides from the American and Japanese perspectives. Unlike many war films, where the focus is on one side, Midway made you feel sympathy for everyone involved. The aerial battles were unbelievable and there were many. And since it was based on a true story, at the end of the movie they showed the actor portrayal followed by an image of the real person and their respective historical impact after the war.

« Reply #3050 on: February 26, 2020, 08:03:15 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Thought this sleeper was WAY better than its Rotten Tomato scores.

Rather original and I loved the characters.

Hope there's a part II...

« Reply #3051 on: February 26, 2020, 08:35:09 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Thought this sleeper was WAY better than its Rotten Tomato scores.

Rather original and I loved the characters.

Hope there's a part II...
saw that recently as well.  decent little movie.  definitely set up for a sequel

« Reply #3052 on: February 26, 2020, 08:44:54 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I just watched Midway last night, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The film is based of a true story of a battle during World War II. I liked seeing the strategic sides from the American and Japanese perspectives. Unlike many war films, where the focus is on one side, Midway made you feel sympathy for everyone involved. The aerial battles were unbelievable and there were many. And since it was based on a true story, at the end of the movie they showed the actor portrayal followed by an image of the real person and their respective historical impact after the war.
Not sure which version you are referring to.  I haven't seen the 2019 version but I've always enjoyed the 1976 version. 

« Reply #3053 on: February 27, 2020, 01:22:37 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Not sure which version you are referring to.  I haven't seen the 2019 version but I've always enjoyed the 1976 version.

I saw the 2019 version.

« Reply #3054 on: February 27, 2020, 12:55:45 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Not a movie but a series on Netflix..Umbrella Academy..started slow but pick up pretty good..Really like the ending and can’t wait for season 2..I recommend it if u like fantasy shows
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3055 on: February 27, 2020, 05:40:49 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Not a movie but a series on Netflix..Umbrella Academy..started slow but pick up pretty good..Really like the ending and can’t wait for season 2..I recommend it if u like fantasy shows

I really liked that one.

Have you seen The Boys?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3056 on: February 27, 2020, 06:26:44 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

I really liked that one.

Have you seen The Boys?
Really liked The Boys, did not like the umbrella academy - I also think it is cancelled .

« Reply #3057 on: February 27, 2020, 06:36:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I really liked that one.

Have you seen The Boys?
Really liked The Boys, did not like the umbrella academy - I also think it is cancelled .

Both have been renewed for a second season.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3058 on: February 27, 2020, 07:00:07 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Just finished Anna on prime video.

A surprisingly good spy thriller from Luc Besson last year.

Had all the elements of twists in its plot...lots of action as well.

« Reply #3059 on: February 27, 2020, 07:28:26 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I really liked that one.

Have you seen The Boys?

Both have been renewed for a second season.

That’s good news.  I really liked umbrella academy as well.