Author Topic: Celtics (34-14) at Warriors (39-10) Game #50 1/27/18  (Read 31311 times)

Re: Celtics (34-14) at Warriors (39-10) Game #50 1/27/18
« Reply #465 on: January 28, 2018, 03:31:26 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I just watched the last quarter of the Warriors game replay on NBA TV.

One thing I noticed was Tatum had zero shots the last 8 minutes, and DNP the last 5 minutes (except for a few seconds at the end). Irving kept them in the game with some miracle layups.

How can your best shooter not take any shots in such a close game? The answer is he was not set up to take any shots. When he got the ball, he was moving and passed it off to others. He was never in a position to shoot--from a screen, for example.

If you want to look for problems with the Celtics offense, one place is Tatum. He has the best shooting % stats on the team, and isn't getting set up for enough shots. Especially those corner 3 pointers.

The game last night ended in a shootout between Irving and Curry. That's not the traditional Celtics way.

Did you actually watch the game? He had several shot opportunities and he passed them up, indecisive and timid and after given the opportunity and he passed it up he tried to make up for it and tried to drive into traffic and ultimately losing the ball.  He should have sat much earlier in this game because he didn't have it. You could tell he was actually afraid to shoot.

« Reply #466 on: January 28, 2018, 03:31:31 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Tatum has hit a wall.....hope he can climb that wall.

« Reply #467 on: January 28, 2018, 04:50:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I just watched the last quarter of the Warriors game replay on NBA TV.

One thing I noticed was Tatum had zero shots the last 8 minutes, and DNP the last 5 minutes (except for a few seconds at the end). Irving kept them in the game with some miracle layups.

How can your best shooter not take any shots in such a close game? The answer is he was not set up to take any shots. When he got the ball, he was moving and passed it off to others. He was never in a position to shoot--from a screen, for example.

If you want to look for problems with the Celtics offense, one place is Tatum. He has the best shooting % stats on the team, and isn't getting set up for enough shots. Especially those corner 3 pointers.

The game last night ended in a shootout between Irving and Curry. That's not the traditional Celtics way.

Did you actually watch the game? He had several shot opportunities and he passed them up, indecisive and timid and after given the opportunity and he passed it up he tried to make up for it and tried to drive into traffic and ultimately losing the ball.  He should have sat much earlier in this game because he didn't have it. You could tell he was actually afraid to shoot.
Not to mention the 3 three pointers he took in the 2nd half weren't even close to going down. He was playing lousy on the offensive end.

« Reply #468 on: January 28, 2018, 05:06:29 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Impressed with the team's performance last night.

Tatum didnt have it. Marcus wasnt there. Team still fought really hard and were right there to the end. Steph went Nuclear down the stretch. Didnt miss in the last 2 and a half minutes scoring 13 of GS's 14 points (I think).

It would have been nice to have Marcus and I think the D on Steph left a lot to be desired, but at some point you just have to tip your cap to the greatest shooter ever.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.