Author Topic: I'm watching this right now. You should watch too  (Read 66802 times)

Re: I'm watching this right now. You should watch too
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2020, 08:47:15 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Peaky Blinders anyone?

Fantastic show.   A bit of shame they take so long in production, though.

Final season of Clone Wars has been fantastic so far.

I've really enjoyed the Ashoka story line.  She deserves her own spin-off movie as far as I am concerned.

Ok, as a huge SW nerd, I am wondering if I should renew disney just to check out these new clone wars episodes?  I canceled after the Mando final (which was great).

« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2020, 09:01:35 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Peaky Blinders anyone?

I've really enjoyed the Ashoka story line.  She deserves her own spin-off movie as far as I am concerned.

Ok, as a huge SW nerd, I am wondering if I should renew disney just to check out these new clone wars episodes?  I canceled after the Mando final (which was great).

I guess it depends on how much money you want to spend to see it now vs waiting until season 2 of the Mandalorian comes out.

I did just read Rosario Dawson is supposed to be playing Ashoka in season 2, which is awesome.  Which probably means I'll have to start paying for Disney+ at some point since by the time season 2 comes out my year free (via Verizon) will have expired by then.

« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2020, 06:24:45 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Peaky Blinders anyone?

The most recent episode was really good. It and the final episodes will probably be put together and made into a Clone Wars Darth Maul/Ashoka movie. Having said that, the first 7-8 episodes were just ok, IMO.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2020, 01:13:32 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Just finished Picard.

Have you ever wanted to watch Patrick Stewart act in a Mass Effect film, except with a less likable crew?

That’s this series.  Seeing Stewart in the role again is great in a nostalgic sort of a way, but to me this wasn’t particularly compelling. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2020, 02:03:22 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Just finished Picard.

Have you ever wanted to watch Patrick Stewart act in a Mass Effect film, except with a less likable crew?

That’s this series.  Seeing Stewart in the role again is great in a nostalgic sort of a way, but to me this wasn’t particularly compelling.
Well [dang], now I wanna play ME1 & 2 again, lol
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2020, 02:04:51 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Just finished Picard.

I don't see a Mass Effect 3 in there. I've found another man of culture  ;D
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2020, 02:13:10 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Just finished Picard.

I don't see a Mass Effect 3 in there. I've found another man of culture  ;D

I think every gamer out there agrees with you two.  Two absolute classics followed by complete crud.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2020, 03:02:46 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
The "McMillion$" documentary on HBO Go is pretty awesome.  It's free right now without a sub.  The McDonalds monopoly game scam.   

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2020, 03:09:44 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
The "McMillion$" documentary on HBO Go is pretty awesome.  It's free right now without a sub.  The McDonalds monopoly game scam.

Have you finished the whole thing?

I thought the 1st episode was good.  After that everything felt really drawn out and boring.  I wrote a couple of pages back that to me it felt like it would have been a great 90  min documentary, but instead decided to stretch it to 6 hours.  Did you think the whole thing was good?

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2020, 03:30:58 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

I thought the 1st episode was good.  After that everything felt really drawn out and boring.  I wrote a couple of pages back that to me it felt like it would have been a great 90  min documentary, but instead decided to stretch it to 6 hours.  Did you think the whole thing was good?

I'm on episode 4.  I'm sure it could've been compressed but I'm just really digging the story & the intrigue.   It's drawn me in. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2020, 03:55:23 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

I'm on episode 4.  I'm sure it could've been compressed but I'm just really digging the story & the intrigue.   It's drawn me in.

I think it's a great story, but the series doesn't do it justice. I think the filmmakers fell in love with some of the personalities and revealed things backwards in some cases by having those personalities explain things instead of making them big reveals or plot twists. I feel like it's telling the story vs. showing the story.

« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2020, 03:59:40 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Peaky Blinders anyone?

I guess it depends on how much money you want to spend to see it now vs waiting until season 2 of the Mandalorian comes out.

I did just read Rosario Dawson is supposed to be playing Ashoka in season 2, which is awesome.  Which probably means I'll have to start paying for Disney+ at some point since by the time season 2 comes out my year free (via Verizon) will have expired by then.

I've found the Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu bundle to be a good deal for me. I think it's like $13ish/month.

« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2020, 09:42:27 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
So it turns out when Jim Croce wrote that song about Leroy Brown it was actually about Uthred Ragnarsson of Bebbanbure.

Just my two cents, but I'm hard pressed to think of a better program on Netflix right now than The Last Kingdom.  Every  season has delivered.  Honestly, I think it actually might be better than Game of Thrones.

« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2020, 12:04:31 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
So it turns out when Jim Croce wrote that song about Leroy Brown it was actually about Uthred Ragnarsson of Bebbanbure.

Just my two cents, but I'm hard pressed to think of a better program on Netflix right now than The Last Kingdom.  Every  season has delivered.  Honestly, I think it actually might be better than Game of Thrones.
Hmm, sounds interesting. Game of Thrones is dead to me after season 8, so getting something similar and good may help me wash the bad taste out of my mouth.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2020, 05:58:36 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Hmm, sounds interesting. Game of Thrones is dead to me after season 8, so getting something similar and good may help me wash the bad taste out of my mouth.
You’ll probably love The Last Kingdom! I like it more than Vikings. Less fantasy elements than GoT but similar gritty medieval storytelling
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)