Author Topic: Fire Joe! ... or critique Joe ... or defend Joe... or worry about Joe's coaching  (Read 250669 times)

tenn_smoothie, Wretch, Atzar, bdm860 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1480
I know it’s been said, but pretty much everyone was saying Kornet was a bad matchup against this team. Only due to him getting injured did he put in Bassett, and we saw how that went.
I have to wonder why he doesn’t see these things, if I can.
Also, why aren’t any of these new and brilliant assistants helping him?

Maybe they are, and maybe they're not as brilliant as we thought they were, if this is the result - a team that is leaderless and has no clue what it is doing and is somehow just bumbling through the playoffs despite an inept coaching staff which could quite possibly rank amongst the worst in the league   :-\

It's time to just admit he's not a bright coach. Anyone, you, me, the guy above me can see that Brissett is a much more impactful player on the floor than Kornet and Joe still uses him. He one of those who stand on the sideline with hands in the pocket watching, but without any clue on how to coach. If Kornet getting abused or Horford is wearing down, I'm throwing in Tillman or Brissett right away to stop the bleeding

Yet there is a reason he still has a job and is on the cusp of an NBA Finals appearance while you're still posting crappy takes on an internet message board.

Funny how that works.

TP.

What a world view that Mazzula is a bad coach and Celtics ownership with millions of dollars on the line isn't smart enough to see it, Brad Stevens with his career as a basketball GM on the line isn't smart enough to see it, but SparzWizard, ozgod, and celts55 on the CS Forum are the people smart enough who have all the answers here and truly understand the big picture of NBA coaching and all of its intricacies.

Nailed it!  :laugh:
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1787
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I know it’s been said, but pretty much everyone was saying Kornet was a bad matchup against this team. Only due to him getting injured did he put in Bassett, and we saw how that went.
I have to wonder why he doesn’t see these things, if I can.
Also, why aren’t any of these new and brilliant assistants helping him?

Maybe they are, and maybe they're not as brilliant as we thought they were, if this is the result - a team that is leaderless and has no clue what it is doing and is somehow just bumbling through the playoffs despite an inept coaching staff which could quite possibly rank amongst the worst in the league   :-\

It's time to just admit he's not a bright coach. Anyone, you, me, the guy above me can see that Brissett is a much more impactful player on the floor than Kornet and Joe still uses him. He one of those who stand on the sideline with hands in the pocket watching, but without any clue on how to coach. If Kornet getting abused or Horford is wearing down, I'm throwing in Tillman or Brissett right away to stop the bleeding

Yet there is a reason he still has a job and is on the cusp of an NBA Finals appearance while you're still posting crappy takes on an internet message board.

Funny how that works.

TP.

What a world view that Mazzula is a bad coach and Celtics ownership with millions of dollars on the line isn't smart enough to see it, Brad Stevens with his career as a basketball GM on the line isn't smart enough to see it, but SparzWizard, ozgod, and celts55 on the CS Forum are the people smart enough who have all the answers here and truly understand the big picture of NBA coaching and all of its intricacies.

Joe is fine, but he has made plenty of mistakes. Not playing some of your bench guys a few minutes here and there while your team was running away with the league's best record was just dumb. Knowing what these guys could do with real game experience probably would have helped him go to somebody like Brissett a few games earlier.

I'm not going to go into his use of timeouts or ATOs, but he does seem a little stubborn. I mean, the team won 64 games and he wasn't even a finalist for COTY. We don't all think he is horrible, but he isn't exactly the reason this team is storming through the playoffs. Our opponents have been quite injured. Including opponents we never had to face like MIL and NYK.

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1561
Brissett played 11.5 mpg over 55 games this year.  And 14 of the games he missed were in the first 23 games of the year.  I'm not sure how much more you expected him to play.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip