5 (7.4%)
Celtics in 5
30 (44.1%)
Celtics in 6
26 (38.2%)
Celtics in 7
4 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Poll: Pacers vs. Celtics Series Predictions  (Read 4890 times)

Re: Poll: Pacers vs. Celtics Series Predictions
« Reply #60 on: Today at 08:22:47 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1642
  • What a Pub Should Be
I just hope they don’t get too overconfident heading into Game 3 if news breaks that Hailburton isn’t playing. 

This thing should end in a sweep but complacency has been one of the Celtics’ Achilles heels.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #61 on: Today at 08:36:51 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
I still feel good about my C’s in 5 prediction. I think we lose one of the games in Indy, out of pure complacency (something that happens to this team). Maybe we go up 3-0 but lose game 4 in a weird game (or maybe Tatum gets 2 technicals early and gets tossed lol idk)
- LilRip

« Reply #62 on: Today at 08:54:43 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2981
Pacers just need to sit star players , this paralyzes the Celtics will, they seem to wilt when gifted advantages over their opponents and try and coast like LeBron to the win .

They should be able close out Indy fast . I don’t trust em to bust em and finish the job.

« Last Edit: Today at 09:02:13 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #63 on: Today at 09:12:24 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1407
I still feel good about my C’s in 5 prediction. I think we lose one of the games in Indy, out of pure complacency (something that happens to this team). Maybe we go up 3-0 but lose game 4 in a weird game (or maybe Tatum gets 2 technicals early and gets tossed lol idk)

I'm thinking exactly the same. I had expected us to win Game 1 by 10+ but lose Game 2 as the "take a night off" game, but now I think we will split the games in Indiana and close it out at home in Game 5. I expect both games in Indy to be close, even without Haliburton playing for them, because it could give this team a false sense of confidence, which will probably create a lot of stress and angst in the game threads  :police:

I must say we are one of the more unhappy, dissatisfied fanbases around given the position we're in - most other fans would probably look at us and think we're in a great position, our opposition have been crippled by injuries, we've won our first 2 series 4-1 and are 2-0 up, and our biggest foe (Denver) has fallen by the wayside and their conquerors just lost their opening game. I guess people don't want to believe because we've been let down too many times by this team, breaking our hearts again would be unbearable. Easier to keep expectations low till it actually happens  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #64 on: Today at 10:37:17 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
I think Indy wins game 3, even if Halliburton is gone.  In the game he got injured vs Boston last January, they rallied to beat the Celtics, actually played better without him.  That was before Siakam trade.

« Reply #65 on: Today at 11:30:34 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 724
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Indy was very fortunate to beat a depleted Knicks team at home in game 3.

Boston seems to play very well when game 3s are on the road.

« Reply #66 on: Today at 11:46:19 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3042
  • On To Banner 18!
I simply cannot see Indiana winning 4 of the next 5. They can absolutely take 1 with Siakam + the role players going off maybe in a home game, but without Haliburton they definitely lose some juice. I'll stick with Celtics in 6 but if they split at Indiana, I think BOS can get it done in 5.

Indiana is really gonna kick themselves for not stealing Game 1. That was the one they needed, and everything went right for them that night + they shot really well.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #67 on: Today at 12:15:40 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 631
Celtics wake up, collectively not just Brown and Holiday, to the energized Pacer crowd. They often play better in enemy territory, more focus. I think it’s a wire to wire win on Saturday.

« Reply #68 on: Today at 05:04:05 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
Haliburton status uncertain so means he’s not going be 100% either way but if does play, I go right at him
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #69 on: Today at 05:07:03 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 631
Haliburton status uncertain so means he’s not going be 100% either way but if does play, I go right at him

Good! They won’t have to change strategies, hahaha