Author Topic: Should Perk fans "let it go", or is there still stuff to talk about?  (Read 39413 times)

Re: Should Perk fans "let it go", or is there still stuff to talk about?
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2011, 06:22:05 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
I wish we could 'let it go'. 

Unfortunately, the bottom line on the trade is a championship.  If the C's win, then I don't think there will be anyone arguing against the trade. If the C's do not win (even though we weren't assured a win with Perk), then it will forever be blamed on the trade by some.  I don't believe that the championship really provides anything definitive about the quality of the trade as we can never know what would have happened if the trade didn't happen.

A Perk injury, of course, would make the issue moot.  Sustained injuries to Shaq/JO will also hurt the pro-trade argument.

Most unfortunate will  be (I expect) the daily declarations that will surely come based on Perk's performance and Krstic's performance game by game.  This is most unfair, but is the way it goes here sometimes.   

those go both ways NG. There have been plenty of posts about how Krstic's play has been sealing the deal on who won the trade...

« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2011, 06:23:31 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
All this talk about it just makes me uneasy, why cant we just wait and see.

You were the first to set the ball rolling on this subject. :P

Stick a fork in this team, they are done.

:D Good find!

I was vastly overrating Perkins at that point.

He is by far the most celebrated one dementional role player the NBA has ever seen. For a guy that cant jump, has no athleticism or offensive talent while putting up stats worse then a D-leaguer, we sure did treat him like Bill Russell.

« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2011, 06:31:49 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
He is by far the most celebrated one dementional role player the NBA has ever seen. For a guy that cant jump, has no athleticism or offensive talent while putting up stats worse then a D-leaguer, we sure did treat him like Bill Russell.

LOL...hyperbole at its best.

"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2011, 06:52:47 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

What do you mean we? I was in favor of the trade the moment I heard about it.

« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2011, 06:57:10 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136

The majority of this board didnt like the trade, including me when we all first heard about it. Now that I actually sit back and judge Perkins as a player, he isnt good at anything other then defense. I was sickened everytime he touched the ball on offense, everytime he airballed a 5 foot hook shot, everytime he gathered himself for 5 seconds only to miss an easy dunk, everytime he bricked freethows. He was a huge liability on this team offensively.

Im done talking about the trade though, we got better, and once everyone gets healhty we will see why. Fact of the matter is, Perkins is a product of his team, Celtics and OKC are great teams, they both will make Perkins look good. If Perkins was on a bad team with his limited skills, he proably wouldnt be in the league.

« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2011, 11:34:32 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Perk fouled out in 18 minutes tonight, scoring 4 pts and grabbing 5 rebs.  Had a -5 for the game (the only OKC player with negative +/-).

Krstic had 11 pts, 7 rebs and a block in 26 minutes.  Had a +7 for the game.

Is this how this comparison game is played? (j/k)  :)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2011, 12:23:54 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Perk fouled out in 18 minutes tonight, scoring 4 pts and grabbing 5 rebs.  Had a -5 for the game (the only OKC player with negative +/-).

yikes.  did someone kick your puppy this week??

i understand the comments about butt kissing around here, but just ignore it dude.  All the sarcastic cheap shots just make you seem like the unreasonable one.  There's a lot of crap on here that annoys me too, when I get to a boiling point sometimes I just take a break from the message boards for a few days. 

I'm not trying to preach, take a shot, or call you out in anyway.  Just a suggestion.
Greg

« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2011, 12:47:02 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

LOL...hyperbole at its best.

Megatron does tend to be a bit heavy-handed with the hyperbole but it helps keep things entertaining and he never hides when his bold predictions turn out wrong.

« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2011, 12:50:25 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Megatron does tend to be a bit heavy-handed with the hyperbole but it helps keep things entertaining and he never hides when his bold predictions turn out wrong.

He brushes them off later by claiming it was a "joke". More like baiting...
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2011, 03:28:48 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I think people should "let it go", for a very simple reason, which is bigger than the whole Perkins debate.

There´s a new CBA on the horizon. Not only that, but there´s even a lockout looming. Who knows what will happen, this might be our last chance to see this team in it´s current form together. Perkins is gone, and no debate over the trade will bring him back. Once we´re out of the playoffs because of a lack of interior defense, people have every right to point to the trade and blame Danny. The thing is, we still have a very good chance to win it all this year, no matter how you judge the trade.

So, I think there´s absolutely no benefit in bemoaning Perkins loss at this moment in time. I understand that there are people who might not like the trade, or how it happened, or when, but I´m telling you, you have to "let it go" for now and support the team with everything you´ve got, because they´ll need it. And not just to act like a "good fan", but for your own benefit. You will enjoy this ride, maybe our last ride together, way more if you can lift yourself up and gather behind this team.

Right, wrong, it´s all white noise and grey matter, right now. We won´t be able to judge this trade correctly until the playoffs are over, at the very least. What we do know is that Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic are now part of the Boston Celtics, and these Celtics still have a very good chance to win the whole thing this year. Life will be easier for all of us, pro or contra trade, if we just focus on the team we´ve got, right now, and keep Perkins out of the discussion, at least until our last chance to win it all is irretrievably gone.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2011, 04:07:27 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen

yikes.  did someone kick your puppy this week??

i understand the comments about butt kissing around here, but just ignore it dude.  All the sarcastic cheap shots just make you seem like the unreasonable one.  There's a lot of crap on here that annoys me too, when I get to a boiling point sometimes I just take a break from the message boards for a few days. 

I'm not trying to preach, take a shot, or call you out in anyway.  Just a suggestion.

It was a joke...  Understand something: I did NOT start this thread, nor was it my idea.  Roy H. did so...somehow my name was given authorship, but I did not have anything to do with this.  It spawned off another discussion and I did not give consent to have my name on this.

I find it kinda humorous that when the numbers give Perk the edge the Perkins-ites come out of the woodwork to prove his superiority.  I was just playing around... 

My apologies if you were offended, but the post you quoted was just something done in jest.  :P

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2011, 04:36:07 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

The majority of this board didnt like the trade, including me when we all first heard about it. Now that I actually sit back and judge Perkins as a player, he isnt good at anything other then defense. I was sickened everytime he touched the ball on offense, everytime he airballed a 5 foot hook shot, everytime he gathered himself for 5 seconds only to miss an easy dunk, everytime he bricked freethows. He was a huge liability on this team offensively.

Im done talking about the trade though, we got better, and once everyone gets healhty we will see why. Fact of the matter is, Perkins is a product of his team, Celtics and OKC are great teams, they both will make Perkins look good. If Perkins was on a bad team with his limited skills, he proably wouldnt be in the league.

Nice analysis, but you forgot about the illegal screens...

« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2011, 06:11:59 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Perk fouled out in 18 minutes tonight, scoring 4 pts and grabbing 5 rebs.  Had a -5 for the game (the only OKC player with negative +/-).

Krstic had 11 pts, 7 rebs and a block in 26 minutes.  Had a +7 for the game.

Is this how this comparison game is played? (j/k)  :)

yikes.  did someone kick your puppy this week??

i understand the comments about butt kissing around here, but just ignore it dude.  All the sarcastic cheap shots just make you seem like the unreasonable one.  There's a lot of crap on here that annoys me too, when I get to a boiling point sometimes I just take a break from the message boards for a few days.  

I'm not trying to preach, take a shot, or call you out in anyway.  Just a suggestion.

It was a joke...  Understand something: I did NOT start this thread, nor was it my idea.  Roy H. did so...somehow my name was given authorship, but I did not have anything to do with this.  It spawned off another discussion and I did not give consent to have my name on this.

I find it kinda humorous that when the numbers give Perk the edge the Perkins-ites come out of the woodwork to prove his superiority.  I was just playing around...  

My apologies if you were offended, but the post you quoted was just something done in jest.  :P

No, you didn't start this thread. Rather, you took another thread off topic by publicly criticizing me. Rather than edit you out for calling another member out, I split this thread off to give you a voice (but in the proper forum). Yet, you complain about that, too. You have a very clear agenda, Andy, and it is getting old.  (Also, to be very clear: nobody "gave" you authorship of the first post in this thread. Those words are 100% yours, and were simply split off).

Also, weren't you the one asking people not to compare results game by game? Now you're upset because they're not doing so? There's no winning with you, I guess.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2011, 07:53:53 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I've said it before: Get back to me in a year on this trade.

As for last night, watched portions of the game - had two TVs going simultaneously, which is enough to make you nuts.

Perkins is clearly not healthy, and he's also beginning a transition into the OKC system. He was ineffective last night, but it means relatively little at this point.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2011, 10:28:49 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
Perk fouled out in 18 minutes tonight, scoring 4 pts and grabbing 5 rebs.  Had a -5 for the game (the only OKC player with negative +/-).

Krstic had 11 pts, 7 rebs and a block in 26 minutes.  Had a +7 for the game.

Is this how this comparison game is played? (j/k)  :)

yikes.  did someone kick your puppy this week??

i understand the comments about butt kissing around here, but just ignore it dude.  All the sarcastic cheap shots just make you seem like the unreasonable one.  There's a lot of crap on here that annoys me too, when I get to a boiling point sometimes I just take a break from the message boards for a few days.  

I'm not trying to preach, take a shot, or call you out in anyway.  Just a suggestion.

It was a joke...  Understand something: I did NOT start this thread, nor was it my idea.  Roy H. did so...somehow my name was given authorship, but I did not have anything to do with this.  It spawned off another discussion and I did not give consent to have my name on this.

I find it kinda humorous that when the numbers give Perk the edge the Perkins-ites come out of the woodwork to prove his superiority.  I was just playing around...  

My apologies if you were offended, but the post you quoted was just something done in jest.  :P

No, you didn't start this thread. Rather, you took another thread off topic by publicly criticizing me. Rather than edit you out for calling another member out, I split this thread off to give you a voice (but in the proper forum). Yet, you complain about that, too. You have a very clear agenda, Andy, and it is getting old.  (Also, to be very clear: nobody "gave" you authorship of the first post in this thread. Those words are 100% yours, and were simply split off).

Also, weren't you the one asking people not to compare results game by game? Now you're upset because they're not doing so? There's no winning with you, I guess.

Ouch...  Sorry to hurt your feelings, Roy.  I guess you're off-limits, huh?  You started the other thread, and when I made a comment you then stated that your thread was done (basically) in jest.  You never stated that in your thread but called me out for apparently not understanding the humor in your post.  Well, I've tried doing the same: just putting a little humor into this. 

I know you're an important person here, Roy, but do us a favor and get over yourself...   ::)