Author Topic: Latest Forum Topics not updating  (Read 3731 times)

Latest Forum Topics not updating
« on: October 31, 2008, 09:38:05 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
I didn't see this brought up anywhere, but apologize if it had been.  I've noticed over the last few days that either the Latest Forum Topics box on the main page or in the Forum page is not updating correctly.  When I go to the Home page, there is one order of recent topics/posts, but when I click on one to go into the forums, the order is now different. 

It's not a huge deal I guess, but I did like that feature on the old site so that I knew when a thread I was active in had been updated.

Thanks!

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

Re: Latest Forum Topics not updating
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 10:35:37 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
The Latest Forum Topics widget in the forums is operating correctly, as it updates as soon as a new post is made in the forums.

On the front page, the updates lag behind approximately 5 minutes.  This is because the front page and the forums aren't "bridged" (which is also why we have to log in twice.)  Therefore, the widget on the front page gets its updates on a feed from the forums, which updates every 5 minutes.

So, for now, treat the links on the front page as a rough idea of what the hot topics in the forum are, whereas the links from the forums page are exactly the same as they were before the switch.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions