Author Topic: Celtics (1-2) at Heat (2-1) ECF Game #4 9/23/20  (Read 49666 times)

Re: Celtics (1-2) at Heat (2-1) ECF Game #4 9/23/20
« Reply #1005 on: September 24, 2020, 12:02:39 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
1.1 seconds is enough time to not do a hail mary pass.  Give it someone in the back court...three dribble for a half court heave...even closer if you can get it to someone around half court...

« Reply #1006 on: September 24, 2020, 12:03:27 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Meanwhile, Heat are the best team with record in the postseason- 11-2

I'm sure they'll start struggling once they face the Lakers.

and mysteriously, they’ll start committing more fouls.

LOL, yup
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1007 on: September 24, 2020, 12:08:12 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
1.1 seconds is enough time to not do a hail mary pass.  Give it someone in the back court...three dribble for a half court heave...even closer if you can get it to someone around half court...

The game was already lost...would it be cool to win on a half court heave? Sure. But pretty trivial thing to pick at...they’ve gotten some good looks on some Hail Mary passes and just simply missed a shot...no problem with it

« Reply #1008 on: September 24, 2020, 12:13:34 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I think Brad should have called Nick Nurse at halftime for some advice.

« Reply #1009 on: September 24, 2020, 12:13:37 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
So Tyler Herro, who had 37 points, shot 14-21 (66%) overall and 5-10 (50%) from 3 is apparently a -4 for the game

Meanwhile Duncan Robinson who was 0-5 and his only 3 points came from the foul line, was a +3

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1010 on: September 24, 2020, 12:16:37 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
CElts in the bonus with what 5 mins to go??  don't take advantage of this.

This is the 3rd time Brad has failed to take advantage of this situation in the playoffs

Fine you can't drive against the zone

You could have brought in Kanter for a few possessions and fed him the ball down low.  Try to generate FTs ... get the Heat 2nd guessing

Brad instead just paralyzed by Heat zone D..... probably thinking,  "wow such a good zone D by the Heat. And that Herro what a stud. Tip my cap to him.  Let me figure out how to beat this zone for game 5.  Can't wait to watch tape!"

« Reply #1011 on: September 24, 2020, 12:18:42 AM »

Offline BackDoorCut

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48

This is the 3rd time Brad has failed to take advantage of this situation in the playoffs

You could have brought in Kanter for a few possessions and fed him the ball down low.  Try to generate FTs ... get the Heat 2nd guessing

Brad instead just paralyzed by Heat zone D..... probably thinking,  "wow such a good zone D by the Heat. And that Herro what a stud. Tip my cap to him.  Let me figure out how to beat this zone for game 5.  Can't wait to watch tape!"

Quite frankly I thought they did a great job in the third getting into the middle of the zone and then as they always do, went away from what worked. I don't think that's on Brad, bench someone? who's he going to put in, sharpshooter Semi?

« Reply #1012 on: September 24, 2020, 12:22:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Quite frankly I thought they did a great job in the third getting into the middle of the zone and then as they always do, went away from what worked. I don't think that's on Brad, bench someone? who's he going to put in, sharpshooter Semi?

Again Celts were in the bonus with 5 mins to go in the 4th.  And instead of focusing on taking advantage of this .... he just lets the team pass the ball around the perimeter to try to execute tough jump shots.   

The idea of bringing in Kanter, feeding the ball down low..... really good chance he either gets you the sure 2s or goes to the line. Bam has had a tough time guarding time down low

You could have gone to this execution 2 to 3 times ....  just to get Heat D scrambling.

« Reply #1013 on: September 24, 2020, 12:23:40 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
So Tyler Herro, who had 37 points, shot 14-21 (66%) overall and 5-10 (50%) from 3 is apparently a -4 for the game

Meanwhile Duncan Robinson who was 0-5 and his only 3 points came from the foul line, was a +3

you know what they say about three types of lies..... lies, white lies, and statistics.

« Reply #1014 on: September 24, 2020, 12:30:58 AM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273

Again Celts were in the bonus with 5 mins to go in the 4th.  And instead of focusing on taking advantage of this .... he just lets the team pass the ball around the perimeter to try to execute tough jump shots.   

The idea of bringing in Kanter, feeding the ball down low..... really good chance he either gets you the sure 2s or goes to the line. Bam has had a tough time guarding time down low

You could have gone to this execution 2 to 3 times ....  just to get Heat D scrambling.

completely agree with this. kanter is the only center on the team with a post-up game. feed the ball to him in the post and after he makes a couple of shots or gets to the FT line, the zone is forced to collapse to prevent easy buckets in the paint. suddenly, we have open shooters for kanter to kick the ball out to. it’s so simple, a college coach can draw it up.  ;)

« Reply #1015 on: September 24, 2020, 12:31:20 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

you know what they say about three types of lies..... lies, white lies, and statistics.

All I can say is his teammates must've played REALLY bad while Herro was on and if not for him they would have been in deep doodoo  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1016 on: September 24, 2020, 01:06:40 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
All I can think of is the Heat drafted a stud in Herro and one pick later we got a guy who's made of glass and can't shoot.

« Reply #1017 on: September 24, 2020, 01:08:18 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
All I can think of is the Heat drafted a stud in Herro and one pick later we got a guy who's made of glass and can't shoot.

It's always like this...first Giannis and now Herro. Frustrating

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1018 on: September 24, 2020, 01:14:31 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
I would totally trade records with the Nuggets right now.

Let the Nuggets be down 3-1, while the Celtics down 2-1 and have a rerun and do things right lol. Sigh who am I kidding though.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1019 on: September 24, 2020, 01:37:40 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

All I can say is his teammates must've played REALLY bad while Herro was on and if not for him they would have been in deep doodoo  :angel:
He was also on the court a lot when we made our runs via offensive outbursts (that stretch at the end where we tried to make a comeback really hurt his raw +/-). There's nothing wrong with statistics when people apply context to the numbers instead of taking them at face value.

The real three types of lies are lies, white lies and narratives :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA