Author Topic: Will the real Ray Allen please stand up tonight?  (Read 5060 times)

Will the real Ray Allen please stand up tonight?
« on: April 10, 2012, 06:51:14 PM »

Offline rayallen1934

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Ive been waiting for a huge game from Ray Allen for months now.

He's due to have a big one in a big game. Bradley has done his job and more than enough to show he's part of this team.

Now Ray has to go out and give this team a spectacular game.

I mean hes due right?

30+ please Ray

(moderator moves this to the correct location: Celtics Talk)

Re: Will the real Ray Allen please stand up tonight?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 07:00:33 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Ive been waiting for a huge game from Ray Allen for months now.

He's due to have a big one in a big game. Bradley has done his job and more than enough to show he's part of this team.

Now Ray has to go out and give this team a spectacular game.

I mean hes due right?

30+ please Ray

(moderator moves this to the correct location: Celtics Talk)

When Ray has to prove he can get you points on a given day... he is retired sitting at home watching the game. He doesn't have to prove anything at this point (to me at least)... Ray off the bench has nothing to do with who is the better all around player... it's who has played better defense (Doc wanted Pietrus in AB's spot as starter but injuries happen). Ray has been getting better since he had the bad game his first one back. None of the opponents need him to prove anything either, that's why his defender will go all out to keep up with him!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 11:06:20 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
didnt he have 19points against the 76ers?

the Heat really made it a point to double allen and keep him from getting open off those screens...the result of that was they left Garnett alot to help out.

People are really too hung up on "starting"...it doesnt matter who starts. it matters who finishes the game.Manu ginobli, jason terry, james harden all would agree.

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 11:09:16 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
didnt he have 19points against the 76ers?

the Heat really made it a point to double allen and keep him from getting open off those screens...the result of that was they left Garnett alot to help out.

People are really too hung up on "starting"...it doesnt matter who starts. it matters who finishes the game.Manu ginobli, jason terry, james harden all would agree.

amen

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 11:49:23 PM »

Offline Senninsage

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
This is insane... Did Ray not just hit a huge shot for us tonight when we needed it the most? I don't care if Ray has huge numbers in a game. He needs to just score points for us when we need him to. Whether he has 3 points or 28 is completely meaningless to me. Do what it takes to help get us wins. Ray being on the floor forces the other team to respect us in very important ways, which opens up opportunities for some of our other great players.

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 12:11:57 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
He's been as important to us during this turn-around as any other player, IMO.

Now? Opponents are terrified in trying to figure out which bench player will guard him...or - which starter will they play extended minutes just to keep him in check?

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 01:08:37 PM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
Truth is, Ray is currently the second best point guard we have on our roster.  He's been doing a fantastic job at swinging the ball and getting guys open looks through his passing.

Like he said, I really don't expect Ray to find an offensive rhythym coming off the bench this late in the season.  He is a creature of habit and he needs to adjust to his new role, much like he did his first year in Boston.

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 07:01:24 PM »

Offline rayallen1934

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
can we finally get a 30 point game Ray!!!

Need it tonight just in case Paul is still hurt

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 07:34:33 PM »

Offline ayer

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Agreed shooting touches of Ray must come out...

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 07:49:56 PM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
Truth is, Ray is currently the second best point guard we have on our roster.  He's been doing a fantastic job at swinging the ball and getting guys open looks through his passing.

Like he said, I really don't expect Ray to find an offensive rhythym coming off the bench this late in the season.  He is a creature of habit and he needs to adjust to his new role, much like he did his first year in Boston.
I disagree. I think he's the best (and I think Bradley should be starting). He hasn't been hitting all of his shots this series but he's been playing well all things considered.

I've actually been more disappointed in Bradley than Ray so far.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 08:19:57 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Ray's not been hitting the 3's but he's been more aggressive and driving towards the basket lately. Going for the higher percentage shots. I like it.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 08:21:43 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

I disagree. I think he's the best (and I think Bradley should be starting). He hasn't been hitting all of his shots this series but he's been playing well all things considered.

I've actually been more disappointed in Bradley than Ray so far.

AB is pretty much a rookie. He's also missing an arm so i don't think you should be that disappointed in him. He's guttin it out. I respect that.

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 08:21:56 PM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 112
He cant stand up....his ankle.
[img width= height=]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afde6p.jpg[/img]

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 10:34:24 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Game 2 against My Hammy tonight would be a good time to start.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 10:37:38 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Last night on 98.5 the sports hub, Doc called in and said Pre-injury when way would jump up to shoot he would jump from one location and land in the same location.  Now because of the ankle he is landing off the the right or left depending on the shot, and thats what is throwing him off.

Pretty interesting I thought.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16