Author Topic: C's Will Feature More Traditional Play from Centers  (Read 6258 times)

Re: C's Will Feature More Traditional Play from Centers
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2019, 06:32:41 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I just don't know that there are any numbers that actually indicate the %'s you're posting

I do, they are made up and a guesstimate.

Re: C's Will Feature More Traditional Play from Centers
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2019, 06:33:45 PM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 123
It would be a welcome change to see Stevens stressing interior offense instead of his obsession with Small-Ball most of the time.
Also would be a big plus to see a Celtic team that crashes the offensive boards.

Hell yes. 

I've been begging for it for years.  With the shooting of Kemba, Brown, Hayward and Tatum on the court most of the game, a dangerous interior threat like Kanter seems like the perfect piece.  Teams really cannot afford to double him and leave any of those guys open, and not a lot of bigs in the NBA can likely defend Kanter in the paint with single coverage.  Especially in today's small ball league. 

Shooters should create space for Kanter, and he should create space for the shooters - match made in heaven.  I've been begging for Boston to bring in a paint scorer for years for exactly this reason, but it's never really happened until now.  As nice a player as Horford is, his tendancy to settle for jumpers and inaility to finish inside against length was always dissapointing to me.