Poll

How far will the C's go in the playoffs?

First Round (loss to IND)
1 (1%)
Conference Semis (loss to MIL or #8)
35 (36.5%)
Conference Finals (loss to one of TOR/PHI/#6/#7)
17 (17.7%)
NBA Finals (loss)
13 (13.5%)
Banner #18
30 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Author Topic: Poll: How far will the C's go in the playoffs?  (Read 6911 times)

Poll: How far will the C's go in the playoffs?
« on: April 09, 2019, 02:37:34 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
How confident are you in the C's?

Re: Poll: How far will the C's go in the playoffs?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 02:39:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I expect them to make the Finals. 50-50 from there.

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 02:45:58 PM »

Offline wreckoner

• NCE
  • Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 11
Long time lurker, first time poster, and for my first post I’m going total homer after this shaky season: By the end of the Finals, the Celtics will emerge battle-hardened bearers of Banner 18. Hayward will be the key piece we all thought he was during those euphoric first five minutes of Game 1 of the 2017 season when we were dominating the Cavs in Cleveland.

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 02:54:07 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I expect the Celts to lose to the Bucks in round 2 in 5 games.

Milwaukee holds home court and wins a tough one in Boston, drops the other Boston game, closes at home in Game 5.

The Bucks have the MVP, they have home court, and they've been the best overall team throughout the regular season this year.

The Celts have a decent roster to slow down Giannis; unfortunately they are likely to struggle to contain Middleton.  I expect Eric Bledsoe will have some revenge, as well.  If Mirotic is back that will be a problem for the Celts as well. 

I think the Bucks can beat the Celts without Brogdon, but if they have Brogdon healthy, that just makes the matchup even more in their favor.

Bottom line, the Bucks have a SRS of 8.23 whereas the Celts have a SRS of 3.91.  There is a huge gap between the two teams.  The Bucks should win comfortably.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 03:01:28 PM by PhoSita »
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 02:54:38 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Banner 18

Warriors: overrated. Almost got beat last year by the rockets. They aren't invincible. Cousins is terrible at defense and their shooters can get cold against good defenders

Rockets: 1 trick pony. Not overly concerned about them either

Sixers: they fear the Celtics and scary Terry

Raptors: this may the toughest opponent.

Pacers: without oladipo they aren't too concerning.

Bucks:  if the refs are fair at all, we win

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 02:57:27 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
if they had played better down the stretch, I'd be confident in a Finals appearance and possibly #18.  that said, they were too inconsistent and a little banged up.   With that in mind and Toronto seemingly this team's Kryptonite this season, I think they're out in round three after putting up a good fight. 

I think the AD fiasco hurt this team more than anyone realizes.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 03:02:30 PM by slamtheking »

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 02:58:17 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Long time lurker, first time poster, and for my first post I’m going total homer after this shaky season: By the end of the Finals, the Celtics will emerge battle-hardened bearers of Banner 18. Hayward will be the key piece we all thought he was during those euphoric first five minutes of Game 1 of the 2017 season when we were dominating the Cavs in Cleveland.

Here's your 2nd TP and welcome!

I'm expecting us to make the ECF at least. 2 weeks ago I would have also said that losing in the first round wouldn't surprise me, but on the strength of their last 2 weeks of games, I would be very surprised if we didn't at least beat Indiana. I think we beat the Bucks in the 2nd round. Toronto I'm not sure about. But if we got past them I think we match up much better against GS than most other teams. But I think Houston has a decent chance against the Dubs this year.

On another note, I'm pleasantly surprised to see the optimism on this thread after so many were slitting wrists 2 weeks ago.  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 03:03:59 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think we will beat IND handily, take out MIL in a tough series, and then bow out gracefully to TOR. I would love to be wrong my 3rd prediction, though, and go for banner 18. I reserve the right to make changes along the way  ;)

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 03:10:12 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
Banner 18

Warriors: overrated. Almost got beat last year by the rockets. They aren't invincible. Cousins is terrible at defense and their shooters can get cold against good defenders

Rockets: 1 trick pony. Not overly concerned about them either

Sixers: they fear the Celtics and scary Terry

Raptors: this may the toughest opponent.

Pacers: without oladipo they aren't too concerning.

Bucks:  if the refs are fair at all, we win

lol, not possible

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 03:14:12 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Milwaukee holds home court and wins a tough one in Boston, drops the other Boston game, closes at home in Game 5.

The Bucks have the MVP, they have home court, and they've been the best overall team throughout the regular season this year.

The Celts have a decent roster to slow down Giannis; unfortunately they are likely to struggle to contain Middleton.  I expect Eric Bledsoe will have some revenge, as well.  If Mirotic is back that will be a problem for the Celts as well. 

I think the Bucks can beat the Celts without Brogdon, but if they have Brogdon healthy, that just makes the matchup even more in their favor.

Bottom line, the Bucks have a SRS of 8.23 whereas the Celts have a SRS of 3.91.  There is a huge gap between the two teams.  The Bucks should win comfortably.
as depressing as it sounds, this sums up my thoughts on the series.

but, being a diehard fan, i still hope that semi can control/stymie antetokounmpo, the J's go wild, and smart shoots 50% from 3 point land. after that, the waltz to #18. ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 03:27:37 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

TP for the optimism, dude. Me too.

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 03:45:02 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

The bucks are dealing with some legit injuries to their rotation players. Not sure when Brodgon, Gasol and Mirotic will be back or how they will look. Brodgon in particular would be a painful loss against us. 5 games woudl be pretty surprising.

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 03:58:27 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I chose won banner 18.  I think the C's depth will win the day, coupled with some GS fatigue/injury from rough Western Conference, ditto if it's Houston.

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2019, 04:01:54 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
With the emergence of Hayward as of late I honestly do not know. This season has been a rollercoaster. The Indy series will give us some clues. If they’re gonna make a run they’re gonna have to dispatch them quickly.

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2019, 04:06:09 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
My mind says second-round exit, lose to the Milwaukee Bucks in 5 games.
My heart says NBA Finals appearance, but lose to Houston in 7 games AKA 2010.

But if I was a betting man, second-round exit. Too inconsistent this whole season. Questionable rotations. Questionable coaching. Lack of home-court advantage. Lack of big men to neutralize Giannis, Siakam Pascal, Serge Ibaka and the likes of them in the postseason.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)