Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2015-2016  (Read 172903 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2015-2016
« Reply #1110 on: May 28, 2016, 10:07:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Someone mentioned earlier ......LeBron nearly won the whole deal WITHOUT Irving and Love .

LeBron and Co. Are gonna beat the mud out either of these teams .......treat em like little red headed step chill n s

I really couldn't disagree with you more.

What about the Thunder beating the Spurs and Warriors makes you think the inferior Cavs will not just beat them but win handily?

LeBron is playing his best ball all year by far.  He is consistent , helping his teammates .......got their confidence level sky high.

I m not a Cavs fan at all.  I d rather anybody but maybe Miami win.

But ......I don't see LeBron loosing more than two games at most to either of these teams .

Spurs ......were his BIG problem ......lucky for LeBron .....Warriors did him a favor

It's LeBrons year.

« Reply #1111 on: May 28, 2016, 10:09:58 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I just don't think the Cavs are very good except when they get hot from outside. They aren't good enough defensively.

LeBron is very good but he isn't a very good shooter anymore and can't do it all himself. I really don't see how the Cavs can play Kyrie and love many minutes together against Russ and KD.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1112 on: May 28, 2016, 10:10:37 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Someone mentioned earlier ......LeBron nearly won the whole deal WITHOUT Irving and Love .

LeBron and Co. Are gonna beat the mud out either of these teams .......treat em like little red headed step chill n s

What about the Thunder beating the Spurs and Warriors makes you think the inferior Cavs will not just beat them but win handily?

LeBron is on a mission. All he needs is some help from Love and Irving and there is no stopping him.

What has LeBron done this postseason that's more impressive than what russ and kd have done?

Sometimes it seems like people have deified LeBron.

LeBron has another gear we have not seen yet....

Basically, "They will win because LeBron."
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1113 on: May 28, 2016, 10:12:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

LeBron is on a mission. All he needs is some help from Love and Irving and there is no stopping him.

What has LeBron done this postseason that's more impressive than what russ and kd have done?

7 finals appearances.  6 in a row.  Two different teams.  We haven't seen a player make the finals 6 years in a row since the 60s.  Dude is def on of the 5 greatest ever.  Maybe top 3.

But yeah I agree okc has a lot of size and scoring and will be tough to beat.

LeBron is an all time great, no doubt. I'd rather have Curry or KD at this point in their careers.

Brons many Finals appearances are a testament to his consistent and long lasting greatness. There hasn't been a true contender in the East to challenge him for at least three seasons now though.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1114 on: May 28, 2016, 10:12:36 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

LeBron has another gear we have not seen yet....

Basically, "They will win because LeBron."

Basically, and they will make America great again.

« Reply #1115 on: May 28, 2016, 10:13:03 PM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
Would anyone be surprised if any of these 3 teams won the Finals? They all have at least one superstar and one all-star on their team.

« Reply #1116 on: May 28, 2016, 10:13:31 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Pho, I make no claims about whether the result last year would be different. This is another (and very complicated) conversation as it involves counterfactuals.

I take your point about D. But I still think you underestimate Kyrie and esp. Love. He gives you 16 pts per game on good FG% + 10 rbs; Moreover, (altho this claim is subjective) IMO his D improves in the playoffs.

Also, even if you think Kelly and KLove are average players, having depth has some value of its own. I mean, even if we were to agree that Kyrie and Delly had the same value, it is better to have two Dellys than one.

Anyway, I see your point is more about last year`s Finals than the players per se, and tbh I do not necessarily disagree. GSW was the better team anyway.

« Reply #1117 on: May 28, 2016, 10:15:32 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
True any of them could prevail.

Just feels like LeBron is in the drivers seat right now .....and he

Is about to,put the pedal to the metal

« Reply #1118 on: May 28, 2016, 10:17:50 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
That's my bottom line, Greece. The Warriors were the best team in the league last year. I don't think there is any reasonable argument to the contrary.

They were also the best team in the regular season this year, by far.

The Thunder have hit a new level though and deserve to become the story of the playoffs.

I expect the Thunder to beat the Cavs in 5 the way they're playing right now. I just don't see how the Cavs can defend with their best guys on the floor. Just put Kyrie and Love in the pick and roll and it's lights out.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1119 on: May 28, 2016, 10:19:23 PM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
True any of them could prevail.

Just feels like LeBron is in the drivers seat right now .....and he

Is about to,put the pedal to the metal

I haven't seen anything out of Cleveland that makes me think they are in the driver's seat. If anything what I've seen is they've become reliant too much on the 3 ball.

« Reply #1120 on: May 28, 2016, 10:20:10 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Would anyone be surprised if any of these 3 teams won the Finals? They all have at least one superstar and one all-star on their team.

Any team with Lebron Curry or Durant has a chance in any game or series. I agree with you there.

I just think the Thunder and Warriors are both much better teams than the Cavs and I would expect that to work itself out over a seven game series.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1121 on: May 28, 2016, 10:20:53 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

tbh I did not expect OKC to be that good before the playoffs started. I had been used to them wasting their talent. Donovan has done a really good job.

« Reply #1122 on: May 28, 2016, 10:28:35 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Champs are not done yet

« Reply #1123 on: May 28, 2016, 10:29:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

tbh I did not expect OKC to be that good before the playoffs started. I had been used to them wasting their talent. Donovan has done a really good job.

Yup......teams with new Coaches in the finals .   

LeBron will play , coach 48 minutes every playoff game .   Someone should keep track of how much LeBron has the ball in his hands .   He will put every play in motion .......it's like a one man team with four assistant players ....LOL

« Reply #1124 on: May 28, 2016, 10:30:04 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
This is going to be one great finish.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers