Author Topic: NBA Season 2014-2015  (Read 347406 times)

Re: NBA Season 2014-2015
« Reply #1455 on: March 08, 2015, 06:08:22 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Evil hypothetical question of the day: If we wind up in the 8th spot, which Hawk would you most prefer to suffer an injury and be watching the first round in a suit on the bench? I'm torn between Horford and Teague. I think Horford.

« Reply #1456 on: March 08, 2015, 06:11:01 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Was watching parts of the GSW-Clips game.

Draymond Green was a 5th pick in the 2nd round??

Wow.

If his regular season play can translate into the post-season, he will get paid well next season.

I guess the "analysts" missed this one.

« Reply #1457 on: March 08, 2015, 06:16:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Evil hypothetical question of the day: If we wind up in the 8th spot, which Hawk would you most prefer to suffer an injury and be watching the first round in a suit on the bench? I'm torn between Horford and Teague. I think Horford.

Bad karma!!!

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1458 on: March 08, 2015, 06:20:52 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Bad karma!!!

For the Celtics? For me?.....or is that Korver's nickname or something? :P

« Reply #1459 on: March 08, 2015, 07:19:31 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I don't want anyone to get injured but I agree that Horford is their most valuable guy.  I could accept Millsap too, but it's definitely a big guy, you don't want to be giving Pero Antic and Elton Brand a combined 45-50 minutes a game for a 7 game series.

« Reply #1460 on: March 08, 2015, 08:29:10 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Bad karma!!!

Indeed.

I'd rather beat an opponent at full strength anyway.

No asterisks.

« Reply #1461 on: March 09, 2015, 11:25:18 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Golden State is playing very lackadaisically against the Suns right now.  Disappointing effort.  But with Brandon Knight down they'll probably win anyway.

« Reply #1462 on: March 10, 2015, 01:14:15 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Man the Atlanta Hawks...50-13.

I think they're gonna win it all this season lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1463 on: March 10, 2015, 01:20:44 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

I don't know about that, but when that team is on they're unstoppable.  I would love to see a Finals game where Golden State and ATL are both hitting all their shots, it would be the highest scoring game ever

« Reply #1464 on: March 10, 2015, 02:58:36 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

i don't think they will have as much success in the post season, but it's crazy that they have the best record in the league AND a lotto pick (via Brooklyn).  If the season ended today, Atlanta would have a better draft pick than we would.

« Reply #1465 on: March 10, 2015, 08:14:08 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Wow.

If his regular season play can translate into the post-season, he will get paid well next season.

He blindsided me with his talents.   He was excellent in college , but not the type of player you sit up,and take notice of as a lock NBA talent.    He slipped though the cracks like Jimmy Butler and Paul Milsap.

« Reply #1466 on: March 10, 2015, 09:46:13 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Wow.

He blindsided me with his talents.   He was excellent in college , but not the type of player you sit up,and take notice of as a lock NBA talent.    He slipped though the cracks like Jimmy Butler and Paul Milsap.
Green fell because of his position, teams didn't think he'd be able to handle PF full time in the pros. Not only that but he's not a good shooter overall, only 38% from college 3s, so he didn't project as an offensive weapon as a stretch 4. They thought he'd be Anthony Toliver or another guy like that.

He also wasn't in as good of shape, so he struggled more on defense when running around the perimeter trying to defend.

Turns out that he's been able to hold up defensively and on the boards, so his mediocre ball handling skills and shooting for a SF suddenly are strengths as he can play PF full time. And he's still able to switch out and guard wings using his bulk/length effectively.

« Reply #1467 on: March 10, 2015, 10:07:53 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

i don't think they will have as much success in the post season, but it's crazy that they have the best record in the league AND a lotto pick (via Brooklyn).  If the season ended today, Atlanta would have a better draft pick than we would.

Man, the Prokhorov era in Brooklyn is about the closest thing we'll see to a modern-day Ted Stepien, isn't it?

« Reply #1468 on: March 10, 2015, 10:09:26 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Man, the Prokhorov era in Brooklyn is about the closest thing we'll see to a modern-day Ted Stepien, isn't it?
Given how much money he burned in tax payments, I'd have to say he's matched Stepien at this point.

He paid like 3 million dollars to every other team or something crazy like that right?

« Reply #1469 on: March 10, 2015, 12:05:07 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

Given how much money he burned in tax payments, I'd have to say he's matched Stepien at this point.

He paid like 3 million dollars to every other team or something crazy like that right?

Money-wise, yeah, he's blown a lot more than Stepien did. 

I only consider him "close" because unlike the Cavs under Stepien the Nets did at least have a little bit of success - over .500, winning a playoff series, etc.  Stepien it seems like kept throwing away 1sts and the team just got worse.  The Nets did get better until this year, but nowhere near enough to make the costs worthwhile.