Author Topic: Toine talks about season in D-League  (Read 3690 times)

Toine talks about season in D-League
« on: April 07, 2011, 08:08:27 PM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36

"This is a place to focus. I think when most guys try to come back they go overseas and you kind of get lost in the shuffle," said Walker, commenting one how few distractions there are in Boise. "Finally when I got my legs up under me, I've been able to play, and I've been able to move and cut with these guys, and things started to turn around for me."

Walker won't turn 35 until August, so he's hardly an old man. He didn't rule out coming back to Boise in another year, but said one thing is for sure: His playing days aren't over.

"I think coming back has given me the sense in knowing that I can come back," he said. "If I can stay in shape and keep my body together, I think I can definitely play a couple more years."

Exactly where that will be, however, is now up for discussion.

"I'm going to sit down with my agent, evaluate now that I have some current film," said Walker. "This is an opportunity for me to go to Europe. I've never done that before, but I may entertain that, but I do plan on playing basketball."

http://www.fox12idaho.com/Global/story.asp?S=14382764

Note : His team just barely missed the playoffs this year after starting 2-13(Walker wasn't there for the majority of that stretch, FYI) and finishing 22-13 the rest of the way.

I wish you all the luck in the world, Toine.  Though truthfully, I think every NBA team has written you off and are pretending you don't exist at this point.  I think that Europe(as you stated) would be the place to go.  Try Greece.  They'll love your shimmy. lol.

(He still has a big head, though.  ;D  )
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 08:14:30 PM by PSquared »

Re: Toine talks about season in D-League
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 11:30:26 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
yep

he still got that water head..

lookin like a baby squash