Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2019-2020  (Read 177294 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2019-2020
« Reply #1695 on: September 21, 2020, 05:21:04 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
What was up with Plumlee's defense on that shot? He didn't even get picked off. Pitiful.
Beyond pitiful

« Reply #1696 on: September 21, 2020, 05:23:05 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
So Tatum pre-game 3 outfit was a full on Kobe/Lakers outfit.
Not cool at all!!

« Reply #1697 on: September 21, 2020, 10:48:59 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Not cool at all!!

He needs to seriously be asked to stop wearing other teams' attire during his Celtics tenure. Otherwise, it looks like possible tampering.

Wear it at home when you sleep, whatever. But not in a Celtics facility, and esp not Lakers gear in a Celtics facility.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1698 on: September 21, 2020, 10:59:42 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Not cool at all!!

He needs to seriously be asked to stop wearing other teams' attire during his Celtics tenure. Otherwise, it looks like possible tampering.

Wear it at home when you sleep, whatever. But not in a Celtics facility, and esp not Lakers gear in a Celtics facility.

But seriously don't forget the Generation right now - where "We are ALL friends".............

This is NOT Bill Russell-Wilt Chamberlin era - where they'd rip each other apart on the court and would barely speak during the season BUT reportedly were close friends during the off-season.

As long as Tatum helps get this team past MIA and THEN dismantles The Lakers I don't care if the young lad wears a Barney outfit, personally.

Just keep putting up 25, 10, 5 with a couple of steals and a block....with no more than 2-3 turnovers.....do this and I seriously don't care what he wears lol.

« Reply #1699 on: September 21, 2020, 11:04:39 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Not cool at all!!

But seriously don't forget the Generation right now - where "We are ALL friends".............

This is NOT Bill Russell-Wilt Chamberlin era - where they'd rip each other apart on the court and would barely speak during the season BUT reportedly were close friends during the off-season.

As long as Tatum helps get this team past MIA and THEN dismantles The Lakers I don't care if the young lad wears a Barney outfit, personally.

Just keep putting up 25, 10, 5 with a couple of steals and a block....with no more than 2-3 turnovers.....do this and I seriously don't care what he wears lol.

Yeah, same here. I give him a pass since his hero Kobe passed away this year.

Pierce was also a Laker fan, and kicked their butt in the playoffs and calls himself a lifelong Celtic.

« Reply #1700 on: September 22, 2020, 12:54:25 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Not cool at all!!

Pierce was also a Laker fan, and kicked their butt in the playoffs and calls himself a lifelong Celtic.

Just my viewpoint- it's a tragedy that Kobe passed away. One of the legends in the game.

But that does not mean the Lakers should get a pass from the NBA and win the title this year because of the whole "for Kobe" mantra. They're still the long-time nemesis and I will never allow LAL to tie or pass the Celtics in banners. At least, not until the Celtics win Banner 18. It's already sickening that LeBron is cakewalking the West with another generational talent next to him. My friends and other Lakers/NBA fans are already dubbing them as the next Shaq/Kobe duo.

Tatum should put those Laker/Kobe gears away until he can give the Lakers a butt-whipping. I don't see Brown or Walker going insane fanatic over Kobe.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1701 on: September 22, 2020, 12:55:41 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Not cool at all!!

Who cares what he wears? When it matters, ie when he is actually playing, it's in Celtic green
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1702 on: September 22, 2020, 04:34:15 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Of course his performance matters most but wearing Lakers t-shirt in celtics facilities is imho disrespectful. I m sure it is not tatum's intention but you don't do that...

« Reply #1703 on: September 22, 2020, 06:00:54 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Of course his performance matters most but wearing Lakers t-shirt in celtics facilities is imho disrespectful. I m sure it is not tatum's intention but you don't do that...
If he was Von Wafer... ;D
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #1704 on: September 22, 2020, 07:04:58 AM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Story time?

« Reply #1705 on: September 22, 2020, 08:26:31 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Story time?
In the summer of 2011 Von made a statement which I will paraphrase:
"Oh great, new 2K is out. Can't wait to play franchise mode, with Lakers off course".
(strongest contemporary team by overall ratings)

After that, he wasn't on the roster for much longer, he didn't play another game for us.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #1706 on: September 22, 2020, 09:56:14 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
Not cool at all!!

Who cares what he wears? When it matters, ie when he is actually playing, it's in Celtic green
This is what he was wearing
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFVhpFmprz0/?igshid=ll77gkmq05g9

« Reply #1707 on: September 22, 2020, 10:34:17 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Not cool at all!!

This is what he was wearing
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFVhpFmprz0/?igshid=ll77gkmq05g9

Kobe was his idol so I'm having a tough time having an issue here.  Yeah, its the Lakers but he's wearing it to the arena here. 

He's not exactly pulling a Joe Forte circa '01-02 here.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1708 on: September 22, 2020, 10:52:45 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
This season has been great for us but it's time to say goodbye - Foster and Brothers are officiating game 4 >:(. Hoping we can pull off a Nuggets but it's looking unlikely :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #1709 on: September 22, 2020, 12:52:47 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Not cool at all!!

Just my viewpoint- it's a tragedy that Kobe passed away. One of the legends in the game.

But that does not mean the Lakers should get a pass from the NBA and win the title this year because of the whole "for Kobe" mantra. They're still the long-time nemesis and I will never allow LAL to tie or pass the Celtics in banners. At least, not until the Celtics win Banner 18. It's already sickening that LeBron is cakewalking the West with another generational talent next to him. My friends and other Lakers/NBA fans are already dubbing them as the next Shaq/Kobe duo.

Tatum should put those Laker/Kobe gears away until he can give the Lakers a butt-whipping. I don't see Brown or Walker going insane fanatic over Kobe.

My Friend - you think Tatum wearing a Kobe outfit is bad?

It could VERY WELL get worse, LOL..............

Guess who's going to be giving LeBron James his 4th trophy (and the Laker's 17th Championship, tying BOS) - if BOS can't stop them. Our OWN Bill Russell.

Look, I thought Pres. Trump getting re-elected was BAD but I think THIS SCENARIO is worse, TBH.