Author Topic: Celtics (37-19) at Bulls (27-29) Game #57 2/16/17  (Read 44918 times)

Re: Celtics (37-19) at Bulls (27-29) Game #57 2/16/17
« Reply #300 on: February 16, 2017, 10:56:22 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
lip sync

were ll cool j at

smh

Dude the opening act for Mariah?
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #301 on: February 16, 2017, 10:59:17 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
lip sync

were ll cool j at

smh

Dude the opening act for Mariah?

LOL

yeah..
also he need to pull his pants ..he showin is fruit of the looms

« Reply #302 on: February 16, 2017, 11:00:13 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
A loss well deserved

We heard you the first time. Now sit down child. Jesus why are you repeating the same thing over again trying to get a response.

Well it worked didn't it?
I'm sick of him tbh. This dude is a constant negative splotch on this forum that instead of showing constructive criticism in analysis of this team he just displays outright negative crap that usually does nothing, but perpetuate negativity through this forum. At lest jpotter, while being severly critical at times, gives thoughtful analysis and gives factual info to back his opinion

Blah blah blah...deal with with it.  I don't blindly follow this team.  Constructive criticism is pointing out that we cruise through three quarters expecting to win the game on the 4th.  Is that not true?  Stats supports my argument on this.  What do you have, Sherlock?
Clench, in all honesty, the comment on your level of negativity was spot on. Please think about that for a while and the affect it has on others here.

This is a good community.

Did trump sign another executive order for people to read and react to posts?

It's just like this, Why do you consistently need to post negative comments on your own teams blog for no reason other than you can? Sure he has a right, as do I to have a response about his posts. I just don't see the point of being blatantly negative for no reason repeatedly.

We don't need to be blindly faithful to the team, but we should have both positive and negative commentary on our FAVORITE team that we follow so closely that we come to a blog forum and spend hours of our lives on.

When a team is second in the East with one All Star and on pace to win 50 games, there should be some level of solid positive commentary that you can have on your FAVORITE team.

« Reply #303 on: February 16, 2017, 11:00:19 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
A loss well deserved

We heard you the first time. Now sit down child. Jesus why are you repeating the same thing over again trying to get a response.

I'm sick of him tbh. This dude is a constant negative splotch on this forum that instead of showing constructive criticism in analysis of this team he just displays outright negative crap that usually does nothing, but perpetuate negativity through this forum. At lest jpotter, while being severly critical at times, gives thoughtful analysis and gives factual info to back his opinion

Blah blah blah...deal with with it.  I don't blindly follow this team.  Constructive criticism is pointing out that we cruise through three quarters expecting to win the game on the 4th.  Is that not true?  Stats supports my argument on this.  What do you have, Sherlock?
Clench, in all honesty, the comment on your level of negativity was spot on. Please think about that for a while and the affect it has on others here.

You may have posted in the wrong thread because this makes no sense here and contributesnothing to a civil conversation.

I smirked. Combining Trump, CB Posters, and our Offensive Set Strategy: we'll played.

If you can't see the beautiful and increasing butt-hurt fighting going on here post loss, well...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #304 on: February 16, 2017, 11:01:40 PM »

Offline FTH1054@gmail.com

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 1
The hard part of this game to me is sometime tomorrow afternoon the League Office will announce that the call on Smart was a bad call and should have not been made. Regardless, are effort as a team on the boards tonight was not there.

« Reply #305 on: February 16, 2017, 11:05:22 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
The hard part of this game to me is sometime tomorrow afternoon the League Office will announce that the call on Smart was a bad call and should have not been made. Regardless, are effort as a team on the boards tonight was not there.

LOL

TP!!

hook him fam!!

« Reply #306 on: February 16, 2017, 11:08:25 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Still shouldn't have come down to that. IT simply can't force 3-4 bad shots in the 4th quarter like he did, and Brad has to go to somebody else occasionally in the 4th. Also, if our incompetent bigs could actually have just rebounded the ball once on one of those last possessions, none of that would've happened.

Do something about these issues, Danny.

My thoughts exactly.

Boston came into this game 10 GAMES better than the Bulls.

Boston was the home team.

Boston shot only 4 of 16 on threes in the second half.

Boston got outrebounded for the game by 20. TWENTY.

This shouldn't have been clinging to a 1-point lead with mere seconds left.

And Smart, being a great defensive player, should be able to contest a shot without getting that close to the shooter's arm.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #307 on: February 16, 2017, 11:10:07 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
A loss well deserved

Clench, in all honesty, the comment on your level of negativity was spot on. Please think that for a while and theaffect it has on others here.

Negativity?  Seriously?  Most of my comments here is me complimenting these players.  Go back, if you can, and read my positive comments and what you guys consider "negative" comments and you'd see that my compliments outweigh my criticisms.  It's just that you guys only focus on when I go nuts because the team is losing a game.  The fact, which the analysts continue to point out, is that we've won so many close games this season.  What does that say about us?  If you watch those games we don't wake up until the opponent wake up.  That's how we've played most games the entire season.  These are facts.  What's the negativity in that?  It doesn't work in boxing, taking punches to the face for 11 rounds only to win the 12th and expect to win the match, why should it work in basketball?

Whether it's positivity or negativity is immaterial.  Clench is simply an awful human being. 

« Reply #308 on: February 16, 2017, 11:10:30 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
A loss well deserved

It's just like this, Why do you consistently need to post negative comments on your own teams blog for no reason other than you can? Sure he has a right, as do I to have a response about his posts. I just don't see the point of being blatantly negative for no reason repeatedly.

We don't need to be blindly faithful to the team, but we should have both positive and negative commentary on our FAVORITE team that we follow so closely that we come to a blog forum and spend hours of our lives on.

When a team is second in the East with one All Star and on pace to win 50 games, there should be some level of solid positive commentary that you can have on your FAVORITE team.

Ummmm maybe you shouldn't spend hours of your life on a blog caring about what's said about a team by usernames.  Let's start there.

« Reply #309 on: February 16, 2017, 11:12:22 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
Still shouldn't have come down to that. IT simply can't force 3-4 bad shots in the 4th quarter like he did, and Brad has to go to somebody else occasionally in the 4th. Also, if our incompetent bigs could actually have just rebounded the ball once on one of those last possessions, none of that would've happened.

My thoughts exactly.

And Smart, being a great defensive player, should be able to contest a shot without getting that close to the shooter's arm.

Bulls were the home team but you know #alternativefacts

« Reply #310 on: February 16, 2017, 11:14:45 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

My thoughts exactly.

HAHA. Oops. My bad!  ;D

Doesn't change my point, though. Shouldn't even have been a close game.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #311 on: February 16, 2017, 11:14:53 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
A loss well deserved

Ummmm maybe you shouldn't spend hours of your life on a blog caring about what's said about a team by usernames.  Let's start there.

You realize that we just spent about an hour on this blog commenting about the game. Probably close to two hours. I can guarantee considering the sheer amount of Tps and posts you have had that you probably have spent, as I said, hours on here.

So if you are going to ask me that:
1. Why are you commenting on my post because based on you ideology you shouldn't care about my response?
2. Why are you on here so much as well?

By the way I'm sure you can ask the regulars that I'm rarely on here anymore.

« Reply #312 on: February 16, 2017, 11:14:57 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
As a Looper who attended this game, it was both dissapointing  and understandable.  The mid season doldrums are confusing and annoying.

« Reply #313 on: February 16, 2017, 11:15:19 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
IT and Smart had some choice words about that last call. IT was much more explicit with it being a "horrible call that cost us the game" than Smart, who pretty much said Jimmy got the foul because he screamed for it and he got punished for playing good D. I still don't see how you can call that a foul but not the steal by Smart on Jimmy the play before, which had much more contact.

https://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/832441630095466498?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/832440512611246080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

« Reply #314 on: February 16, 2017, 11:15:57 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald

My thoughts exactly.

HAHA. Oops. My bad!  ;D

Doesn't change my point.

Yep lots of factors.  Still shoulda won but ah well