Author Topic: Who’s replacing Kemba?  (Read 7364 times)

Re: Who’s replacing Kemba?
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2019, 09:14:32 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I hope the Celts on team USA were talking up the Celtics environment to Fox before he departed the team.  :) Love to have him 4 years from now.

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2020, 03:55:03 AM »

Offline shut_the_gate

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
People mocked me when I started this thread but not so funny now?  This is why people drop off this forum after only a few posts because your ideas are bullied into submission by the long term ‘majority’.

This was a forward thinking and relevant idea given, Kemba’s age in comparison to the core of Tatum, Brown & Smart (to a lesser extent), his height and his knee issues.

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2020, 04:12:04 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
People mocked me when I started this thread but not so funny now?  This is why people drop off this forum after only a few posts because your ideas are bullied into submission by the long term ‘majority’.

This was a forward thinking and relevant idea given, Kemba’s age in comparison to the core of Tatum, Brown & Smart (to a lesser extent), his height and his knee issues.

It was because you talked about replacing him even before he had played a single match... And therefore none trade idea were realistic nor thinkable at the time. Now I admit that in compareason of "fire CBS" thread or " this team has reached it's ceiling", it's something more probable.

But personnaly I doublt we would have something better in a trade. It was his first year here. A little liabilty in defense, but it wasn't IT level... Irregularity in offense...
But he has a very good mentality, is a part of the stability of team, and even if it didn't work well ag Heat, he can be a dreadfull 3rd scoring option. If we catch a better big to pick N roll or Pop, he will be even luch more important in our offense.

And don't forget it's his first year here, with this role and first year with a PO run... For that he is new.
If his knee stays OK, he will be usefull until the end of his contract (finshing maybe as a 6th men). His contract is expensive, but sometimes you have to overpay players to get a post you cibled or a referenced player.

Whatever I don't believe in Smart and Hayward leading the gard post.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 05:13:01 AM by Rikibellevie »

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2020, 05:01:36 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Keep Kemba. Deligate him as our 6th man scorer. We need to replace scrubs like Semi and Wannamaker with more competent veterans who have been there or almost ala James Posey or PJ Brown types.

Enough with deep playoff virgins that are so called "veterans"

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2020, 05:40:27 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Lol 😂 at the people saying Carsen will replace him because he is a very good gunner

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2020, 05:57:01 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
My binkie of the week, Tyrell Terry.  Replaces Wanamaker next year and eventually Kemba.  I love this team.  So young, so many possibilities.

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2020, 05:59:14 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Kira Lewis Jr. ;)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2020, 08:52:45 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think kembas replacements is a guy not yet drafted.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain