Author Topic: Legler: Rondo now vs John Wall, he says take Rondo!!!  (Read 4945 times)

Re: Legler: Rondo now vs John Wall, he says take Rondo!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 12:27:03 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Just heard on SportsCenter. Legler said off camera and then the hosts made it a point to stress ON CAMERA, if Legler had a choice to choose either John Wall or Rondo as he is playing now, who do you choose? Legler said, no contest, you take Rondo.

Further, Magic Johnson is now saying that the Celtics are no longer the Big Three and the rest but the Big One and the Little Three.

Mark Jackson said if Rondo is now starting to hit late game outside shots, what else is there for him to do to show he is the best quarterback of NBA teams in the NBA?
LET THE RONDO LOVE FLOW!!!!!
Rondo, I stood by you when almost no one else here would. I love you being the man!!!!
WESLEY MATTHEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 12:28:22 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Rondo, I stood by you when almost no one else here would. I love you being the man!!!!

I really have alot of respect for you opinon as a poster Nick, but i honnestly think that specific comment is unbecomming of someone of your status on these boards.

Thats just a silly comment to make in my opinon!

All though i do agree with everything else you had to share, Rondo is something special
I'm a person not some iconic person with a status to maintain.

Love me, hate me. Matters not. I say what I say am stand by it.

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 12:28:56 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Wes Matthews LOVES his new place on the New Jersey Nets.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 12:30:25 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Just heard on SportsCenter. Legler said off camera and then the hosts made it a point to stress ON CAMERA, if Legler had a choice to choose either John Wall or Rondo as he is playing now, who do you choose? Legler said, no contest, you take Rondo.

Further, Magic Johnson is now saying that the Celtics are no longer the Big Three and the rest but the Big One and the Little Three.

Mark Jackson said if Rondo is now starting to hit late game outside shots, what else is there for him to do to show he is the best quarterback of NBA teams in the NBA?

I will continue to eat crow and humbly admit and hail you as the expert in undrafted talent from Marquette.

Wes Matthews is a GOD!!!!

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 12:31:01 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

I will continue to eat crow and humbly admit and hail you as the expert in undrafted talent from Marquette.

Wes Matthews is a GOD!!!!

Darn Skippy.

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 12:32:22 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
Wes Matthews LOVES his new place on the New Jersey Nets.

I hated  you sooo much then.  ;)

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 12:32:33 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I've never really seen Wall play. The few times I've seen him he's been a turnover machine or just sloppy with the ball. Is he really that good?! People are already asking who's better Rose or Wall? Now Rondo or Wall? Am I wrong for thinking that's a stupid question? The guy hasn't even been drafted into the league yet! Is he some Lebron type prospect?

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 12:33:52 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

Ahem... this is awkward but I was pulling the Wesley Matthews bandwagon too. Not alone of course, but I WAS THERE!

Seriously, check my posts.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010, 12:35:34 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I've never really seen Wall play. The few times I've seen him he's been a turnover machine or just sloppy with the ball. Is he really that good?! People are already asking who's better Rose or Wall? Now Rondo or Wall? Am I wrong for thinking that's a stupid question? The guy hasn't even been drafted into the league yet! Is he some Lebron type prospect?

I think the question more boils down to "Do you want the John Wall prospect or Rajon Rondo the player"

John Wall has been compared to everyone from Derrick Rose to Dooo-Wayne Wade. He's a dang good prospect.

But he's no Rondo.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 12:41:03 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I think the question more boils down to "Do you want the John Wall prospect or Rajon Rondo the player"

John Wall has been compared to everyone from Derrick Rose to Dooo-Wayne Wade. He's a dang good prospect.

But he's no Rondo.
TRUTH!!!

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 12:41:15 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Makes perfect sense to me. Call me a skeptic but I'm not ready to crown Wall the best PG in the league while he's still in college. The media is always too eager to find the next best thing.

Legler showing Rondo love doesn't mean that the rest of the media will follow though. He just seems so much more practical than most of the others.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 12:47:27 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
Silly question. Guy hasn't played a minute of pro ball.

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 12:49:57 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Ahem... this is awkward but I was pulling the Wesley Matthews bandwagon too. Not alone of course, but I WAS THERE!

We are legion!

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2010, 12:57:32 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Thinking out loud here:

Just how great is it for the Boston Celtics fans to have the greatest PG prospect to be drafted by the Boston Celtics since, I don't know, Cousy, to be coached by Doc Rivers? Doc is a lot of things but one one thing he definitely was, was an exceptionally intelligent and talented and well spoken and experienced PG. HE is now the person appointed to instruct and nurture and grow the talent that is Rajon Rondo.

That has been huge for this franchise.

Hate Doc, Love Doc. But he, more than any other person besides Rondo is repsponsible for what Rajon Rondo is and what he will become.

Remember that people.

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2010, 01:03:45 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

We are legion!

TP
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.