Author Topic: At the end of the day people need to realize the NBA is a business  (Read 527 times)

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Ainge, Wyc and whoever can preach all they want about how its championships or busts in Boston but in reality it's solely about putting a respectable product on the floor each night.
The team has sold more season ticket memberships for this upcoming season then they had towards the end of the big 3 era. Prices increased (unjustifiably IMO) for current STM's during their renewal period which occurs during the last quarter of the regular season.
These are salesmen people and we're their clients. A team with Griffin or Boogie sells out the garden every night, a team with a 2018 Nets pick does not. Wyc knows this team needs to strike while the iron is hot, and the popularity of the NBA is absolutely astonishing right now.
As a fan I'd hope we hold onto the picks, we have no chance of winning even with Blake or Boogie, and by the time the current powerhouses diminish our team of young studs would likely be flourishing.. As a STM I can't even express how excited I would be to see either one of those guys In Celtic green every night.. The electricity of the Garden would be fantastic.
At the end of the day it's all about filling seats first and raising banners second. It's a harsh reality but it is what it is.
That being said regardless of what happens we as fans have a lot to be excited about.

Re: At the end of the day people need to realize the NBA is a business
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 06:17:38 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
If you don't think a major star can't turn a team around, look at what James did. The NBA is a Stars league. That's why the major teams are hoarding them. You can't really build entirely by drafting a bunch of 19yos.

Re: At the end of the day people need to realize the NBA is a business
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 06:22:13 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
If you don't think a major star can't turn a team around, look at what James did. The NBA is a Stars league. That's why the major teams are hoarding them. You can't really build entirely by drafting a bunch of 19yos.

I think a star can make us competitive in the east, I don't think there is anything we can realistically do right away that makes us better than Golden State or even Cleveland