Author Topic: How do you feel about KG?  (Read 9834 times)

Re: How do you feel about KG?
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2009, 07:40:50 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
i didnt like kev cause he only came because of ray signing...i have gained more respedct of course after we got that ring...he got hurt and he is on the floor clearly in pain at times but he still doin what he can...does this help our goal..no...but i got to give him his props..i hope he gets healthy soon...he is at about 75%

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2009, 11:57:36 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I don't think the grind of of all these games is allowing him to recover at all.  He looks worse now than earlier in the year.  I hope the C's are doing the right thing with him... they sure didn't last year.  He is playing at a level far below what he played at 2 years ago, and I fear he may never get back to that level unless he takes a vacation or plays far fewer minutes for a time.  It is apparent the inflammation has been increasing.  Seems like he's headed in the wrong direction right now.
Is the recovery problem structural problems, or conditioning? If it is conditioning and timing, a vacation would not help.

Exactly. It would be nice if we could just take what he and the team says at face value. If we did then what he needs is playing in games and practicing to get his strength and conditioning up. If he is hurt, then sit him.

I personally think KG needs to take a major step in his confidence level. He looks tenative out there and it is understandable seeing that he had never been injured...ever... before this.

Tom Brady by comparison had "happy feet" in the pocket for much of the first parts of this season looking skirmish against a collapsing pocket. He has looked MUCH more confident lately and his performances have been better and better each week as he looks cool as pre injury in the face of the rush.

I really think KG just needs to trust his knee. He clearly is not there yet and I hope he figures it out sooner rather than later.

Unless of course that he doesnt trust it because it hurts every time he jumps on it...then he's lying and we are screwed.

I think he needs to trust his knees and get his timing back, but also, once you are off of your legs for so long, it takes time to regain the muscles and flexibility he had before the injury

Right, he needs to build strength back in the legs, but his style of play and style of jumping have changed. He is jumping off of one leg rather than two and it is throwing off his timing. I guess it sounds silly but anyone who knows what i am talking about please back me up. KG is a two footed leaper a la Nique, VC, Dwight Howard. He is not a "glider" a la MJ, Kobe, et cetera.

He is jumping off of the non injured leg rather than both to finish plays and he looks awkward doing so. Particularly when he goes up for a dunk which is how he got injured. I think he has a mental hurdle he needs to get over. I have faith in the big guy that he will. He is not Tony Allen. He can get through this.

TP, Good observation. I never noticed that about KG, but you seemed to right about him jumping off of two feet. It does seem like lately he has been jumping off of one foot. Hopefully this missed oops are really just him being caught off rythm. I'll be paying to his feet a bit more when he jumps now.

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2009, 01:29:29 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
He's looking better every game :D

« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2009, 01:42:18 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He has looked awesome.  When we weren't playing great the main thing I could see was we didn't have KG the top 10 player for a couple weeks.  Well now he's back and the whole team seems energized.

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2009, 01:50:54 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
warm & fuzzy  8)

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2009, 01:56:13 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
warm & fuzzy  8)

Warm and Fuzzy x 1 million :D

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2009, 02:16:58 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
I must not be watching the same games as some of the posters because i see a player on the rise...he is doing fine from where i see it.I feel he has been one of the main keys to our recent road success.

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2009, 02:25:25 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
KG had a couple of rough games, but he's been great lately.  In fact, his current FG% would be a career high, and his points, rebounds, and assists per minute are very close to his numbers last year.

Most importantly, of course, he's looked quite a bit better on defense.  If KG continues to look like he does now, and especially if he continues to improve, I really like our chances.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2009, 02:55:00 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
getting his legs...rust is coming off....looking much better

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2009, 03:10:53 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1680
I was particularly happy to see him play well on back-to-back nights - I thought that if there was a night that the knee balked at him, it would be against Oklahoma City last night.  Great sign, in my opinion, that he showed up strong.

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2009, 03:20:04 PM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
He's playing like a MVP and a man on a mission!

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2009, 03:38:32 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
He definitely seems to be playing like he has a fire in his belly lately.

If he isn't 90-95 percent right now, he's awfully close, IMO.

His offense is right there, from what I am seeing...his defense (blocks, steals) and rebounds are pretty close. One thing we must remember is that KG does a lot of stuff that doesn't show up in the box score, like talking on defense, facilitating the offense, deflecting passes, etc...if he is in fact doing this then he is well on his way.

He went from battling one of the top PF's in the game in Tim Duncan to nearly a standstill to taking over the game in the 3rd qtr, less than 24 hours later in OKC.

I'm happy for him. He still has some unfinished business in his NBA career.

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2009, 05:22:42 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Looks like a completely different player than during the losing streak.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2009, 05:38:31 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1680
He definitely seems to be playing like he has a fire in his belly lately.

If he isn't 90-95 percent right now, he's awfully close, IMO.

His offense is right there, from what I am seeing...his defense (blocks, steals) and rebounds are pretty close. One thing we must remember is that KG does a lot of stuff that doesn't show up in the box score, like talking on defense, facilitating the offense, deflecting passes, etc...if he is in fact doing this then he is well on his way.

He went from battling one of the top PF's in the game in Tim Duncan to nearly a standstill to taking over the game in the 3rd qtr, less than 24 hours later in OKC.

I'm happy for him. He still has some unfinished business in his NBA career.

Not to nitpick - although I guess I am - but I thought KG outplayed Duncan in San Antonio, and I didn't really think it was close.

Good post, though, take a TP.

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2009, 01:06:39 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
I feel...really, really, really good about KG. He's starting to look like the mad man we all know and love out there.

Guys' got such great heart and desire. What a fierce competitor.

My wish for KG is that after spending so many years in the equivalent of NBA purgatory and carrying the banner gracefully for Minny the whole time...he gets his 5 years ( starting since when he came to Boston) to play for the greatest franchise in NBA history, in the biggest spot light, on the biggest stage,  completely healthy and fighting for an NBA title each year.

For a guy who's been such a great standard bearer for the league and the game in such a bad situation for so long he deserves his time in the sun and to be exactly where he should be:

In the center of the NBA colliseum ( Celtics arena) roaring.

That's how I feel about KG.