Author Topic: The Boston Celtics Will Win It All w/o KG Thread  (Read 5349 times)

Re: The Boston Celtics Will Win It All w/o KG Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 09:55:45 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I firmly believe that you guys don't firmly believe this.

Yeah, I'd rather believe people don't actually believe this.

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 10:12:08 AM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5

If you don't believe, fine. But wishing that others didn't believe is disappointing, cordobes.

Personally, I think there's a difference between belief and expectation. Most everyone seems to expect the Cavs or Lakers to win it all this year. By necessity, those same people believe that the Cavs and Lakers can win.

I don't expect the Celtics to win this year. Given the circumstances, it's fair to say that it's unlikely that the Celtics will win this year. But do I believe that the Celtics are capable of winning this year? Absolutely. Like another poster said, a lot can happen over the next weeks (a key player could get hurt, a team could have a monumental collapse, etc.). Nobody has been crowned the champ yet - gotta play the games first. If I were in, say, Philadelphia, I wouldn't believe that the Sixers could win it this year. But Boston? KG or no KG, these guys can win this year. I'm not expecting it and I won't be surprised or crushed if they don't, but I will be one of the people that smiles and says "I told you so" if they do.

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009, 10:29:22 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
We have the best player in the world in Paul Pierce. Of course we're not going to lose.  ;D

Paul Pierce will go nuts. Starbury goes back to his all-star form. Ray Allen shoot lights out. Kendrick Perkin transforms into the Hulk. Rondo plays like Isaiah. Yes.. we will win it all.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 10:43:48 AM by BigAlTheFuture »
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2009, 10:49:21 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

If you don't believe, fine. But wishing that others didn't believe is disappointing, cordobes.

Personally, I think there's a difference between belief and expectation. Most everyone seems to expect the Cavs or Lakers to win it all this year. By necessity, those same people believe that the Cavs and Lakers can win.

I don't expect the Celtics to win this year. Given the circumstances, it's fair to say that it's unlikely that the Celtics will win this year. But do I believe that the Celtics are capable of winning this year? Absolutely. Like another poster said, a lot can happen over the next weeks (a key player could get hurt, a team could have a monumental collapse, etc.). Nobody has been crowned the champ yet - gotta play the games first. If I were in, say, Philadelphia, I wouldn't believe that the Sixers could win it this year. But Boston? KG or no KG, these guys can win this year. I'm not expecting it and I won't be surprised or crushed if they don't, but I will be one of the people that smiles and says "I told you so" if they do.

Everyone on here feels that they are CAPABLE of winning it all, however this isn't the "Celtics are CAPABLE of winning it all" thread, it is the "I believe that the Celtics WILL win it all" thread. I don't think anyone on here truly believes without KG that the Celtics WILL win it all. They just hope like the rest of us, but some are willing to admit it isn't very likely. If KG doesn't return, I think success will be giving the CAVS all they can handle in the ECF. It would be nice to at least have a chance.

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2009, 10:51:31 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas

Everyone on here feels that they are CAPABLE of winning it all, however this isn't the "Celtics are CAPABLE of winning it all" thread, it is the "I believe that the Celtics WILL win it all" thread. I don't think anyone on here truly believes without KG that the Celtics WILL win it all. They just hope like the rest of us, but some are willing to admit it isn't very likely. If KG doesn't return, I think success will be giving the CAVS all they can handle in the ECF. It would be nice to at least have a chance.

I truly believe we can win it all without KG.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2009, 11:11:41 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I have no idea what you talking about. I believe the C's can win it in the same way I believe pretty much any other playoff team can win it all: I believe the Spurs can win, I believe Portland can win it, etc. Teams just have different chances of winning the championship. I don't believe the Celtics have bigger chances to win it than some teams, let alone believing they will win it. That is all. You are going to tell me "I told you so" why? Because, if I'm not mistaken, we both believe the C's are underdogs and other teams have better chances of winning it? That doesn't even make sense, I hope you understand it.

I think people use the word "believe" with some kind of esoteric meaning, but that's not my kind of stuff and I find it rather silly to be honest. And duh... every fan of every team hopes their team wins, obviously.

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2009, 11:17:02 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

Once again. We all believe that we CAN win it all... Insert the word CAN into my reply above where I used Capable. You aren't saying anything different. The comment is that no one out there really believes that we WILL win it all without KG. Even through green shaded glasses.

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2009, 11:18:16 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

But do you believe we will win it? Because that's what the thread title says. If you do believe that the Cs will win it all w/o KG, I do invite you to put your money where your mouth is. So, are you a true believer?

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2009, 11:35:38 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

it says there's a chance...

When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2009, 11:39:21 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

I don't believe you don't believe people believe in this!
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2009, 11:56:42 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas

But do you believe we will win it? Because that's what the thread title says. If you do believe that the Cs will win it all w/o KG, I do invite you to put your money where your mouth is. So, are you a true believer?

Call me crazy... but I think we WILL win it all with or without KG.

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2009, 12:18:35 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Call me crazy... but I think we WILL win it all with or without KG.

I won't call you crazy; quite the opposite, I'll give you a chance of making some easy money. So, since you're certain we'll win it, what odds are you giving me?